Sektor Thread - "We are the Lin Kuei!"

Im trying to use sektor but he just feels so awkward in my hands. Cyrax just seems much quicker and has much more tricks, gadgets and traps that I love working with. Nevertheless, I will continue working with sektor as well. I cant wait for their mk3 costumes to be released as DLC (hopefully)

Im trying to use sektor but he just feels so awkward in my hands. Cyrax just seems much quicker and has much more tricks, gadgets and traps that I love working with. Nevertheless, I will continue working with sektor as well. I cant wait for their mk3 costumes to be released as DLC (hopefully)

I am the exact opposite, I cannot get a hold of Cyrax.

Cyrax is a total mystery to me.
His traps, grabs, and EX's just boggle my mind.

Yeah Cyrax looks like he'd be a lot harder to pick up and play, you'd really have to investigate the bomb traps etc.

Whereas Sektor can do a nice job of zoning people and has some easy combo's. But most importantly, he looks cooler :p

Yeah Cyrax looks like he'd be a lot harder to pick up and play, you'd really have to investigate the bomb traps etc.

Whereas Sektor can do a nice job of zoning people and has some easy combo's. But most importantly, he looks cooler :p

One thing I have noticed is Sektor has a hell of a shine on him.

Go to practice mode with Cyrax and Sektor and select the Rooftop day stage.
Sektor stands out so much, which I love :)

Do you know if there are gameplay differences between cyborg Sektor and human Sektor? Maybe this looks like a stupid question, but some says that cyborg Cyrax is better than human Cyrax...

yoooo back,back,back,low punch im sorry and i know this has nothing to do with sektor... but how do you do that spoiler thingy???
im thinking about creating a thread for Sonya! i was searching through the forum and sonya has been kinda left out, haven seen much of her arround...

Finally, a thread devoted to the one and only Sektor! :smile:

I figured he'd be a long-range player. I owned with him back in MK3. I'm just glad he's getting a lot more attention in this game than in previous games; he has some beast fatalities and a great X-Ray!

Do you know if there are gameplay differences between cyborg Sektor and human Sektor? Maybe this looks like a stupid question, but some says that cyborg Cyrax is better than human Cyrax...

Thanks for reminding me on that, added it.

yoooo back,back,back,low punch im sorry and i know this has nothing to do with sektor... but how do you do that spoiler thingy???
im thinking about creating a thread for Sonya! i was searching through the forum and sonya has been kinda left out, haven seen much of her arround...

Spoiler:
put your spoiler message here [/spoiler ] <-- remove space.

And there already is a Sonya thread ;)

yea u can pretty much land a combo everytime u do teleport uppercut

Thats the beauty of it!

So you think Sektor could be like a high tier character? I never seen anyone use him in the tourny and I have been using him alot myself. Nothing is better then a little bit of ketchup. hahaha so cheezy but I had to say it.

So you think Sektor could be like a high tier character? I never seen anyone use him in the tourny and I have been using him alot myself. Nothing is better then a little bit of ketchup. hahaha so cheezy but I had to say it.

Not sure about top tier, but he is definitely underrated.
I had 3 matches against a great Kano player, beat him all three times.

He was one of the first and only characters I used In MKIII, I stopped using him though.

Ever since I saw him him in the MK9 gamespot stage demo, I knew I would pick him up again.

Not sure about top tier, but he is definitely underrated.
I had 3 matches against a great Kano player, beat him all three times.

I'd agree with that underrated comment. I haven't seen many people playing as Sektor, but I've been playing the best with him. Ironically, I was never a fan back in MK3. Better late than never, I guess. Wish they'd bring back the compactor fatality with the MK3 alt costume DLC. Ketchup over Mustard any day!

i am a sektor player and use -- upmissle 1 2 b1 f4 4 teleport jumpkick teleport

41% with missle 34% without missle

with the ex teleport and b2b1 added at the end its worth alot more obv lol

f4 4 is a great set up and easier to hit then 12b1 with sektor also!

*you can use the exteleport for the first teleport into a jumpkick teleport for about 44% damage with missle 38% damage without missle

Last edited:
i am a sektor player and use -- upmissle 1 2 b1 f4 4 teleport jumpkick teleport

41% with missle 34% without missle

with the ex teleport and b2b1 added at the end its worth alot more obv lol

f4 4 is a great set up and easier to hit then 12b1 with sektor also!

*you can use the exteleport for the first teleport into a jumpkick teleport for about 44% damage with missle 38% damage without missle
I gotta test some of these out

Nice name btw :p