"Thunder take you"

Raiden was supposed to say something more in his intro but NRS omitted it due to copyright. He was supposed to say "Thunder thighs take you." Clearly, he was talking about Chun-Li.

(SPOILER ALERT!!!) ...Oh & why couldn't Raiden have just shocked him enough to knock him out or somethin? Doest act to godlike to me... My biggest complaint in the whole game is how they killed off half the damn cast in story mode. Now they're gonna haveta use some lame means of bringin em back, or MKs story is dead to me. Ill still buy a sequal, but I'm sure I won't like the story mode.

Maybe in MK10

Ed Boon revives a message from his former self

warning him not to kill off the entire cast in MK9

Seriously he speaks like Yoda...

"With Dark Side be careful Luke, eh.. I mean Liu"

Last edited:
this guy shouts 'SUMMOMAHTAAH!' and 'REGGELLLAVAAIII!!' and you wanna know what 'thunder take you' means? -_-

i gotta agree with you that's a bit stupid thing to say... and those two lightining bolts he's shooting after it is just stupid.... but raiden is one of my most favorite characters and he's awsome and i really like him... also there alot more chracters with even more stupid intros, like jade's "This will be easy"... like WTF? i find this intro very stupid, and sindels is also pretty stupid...

you fools... Raiden is talking about Kid Thunder,... he's going to take you away after the match!! Duh!

What the hell are you guys on page 1 talking about?!

He is not one of the worst characters in the game lol

You probably just don't know how to use him. Hes fast, good damage, good combos, very fast teleport (Amazing when used well).

He is far from being one of the worst. I don't think his intro is that bad either, its ok. Besides, I think most online players skip the intros anyway lol

What the hell are you guys on page 1 talking about?!

He is not one of the worst characters in the game lol

You probably just don't know how to use him. Hes fast, good damage, good combos, very fast teleport (Amazing when used well).

He is far from being one of the worst. I don't think his intro is that bad either, its ok. Besides, I think most online players skip the intros anyway lol

I don't think they were talking about his gameplay...I think they were talking his character story wise...which isn't entirely false lol he was pretty annoying...coolest thing he did was fry you know who lol.

it means that thunder will take you to your death which by that means he should kill you with lighting.problem solved

this guy shouts 'SUMMOMAHTAAH!' and 'REGGELLLAVAAIII!!' and you wanna know what 'thunder take you' means? -_-

maybe thats the name of two elder gods...Just sayin

LMAO I thought the same thing too. It sounds cool though. Some other lame ass intros:

Reptile- BaaaahhH! (Come on...really? Nothing else?)

Best intros:

Shang Tsung- Your SOUL is MINE!

Lol Hes A Reptile What Do You Expect he cant talk

shang tsung is a big stinky cheater.BUT he is good

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith Tennyson please refrain from posting multiple times, just edit your existing post. I merged them for you but don't do it again please.

I think it adds a much needed cool factor to Raiden. He's always seemed too Vulcan to me. I get why his personality is such but still it was needed.

I kinda wish Raiden were a little more humorous yet still wise and ready to protect Earthrealm, like Christopher Lambert in the first movie (if I remember right). His humor would be more subtle and dry unlike Johnny Cage's more obnoxious, cheesy-action-movie type of humor. Of course, that would never happen considering all of the deaths and the still-lingering threats that Raiden must deal with (Shinnok and his Forces of Darkness, and possibly the return of The Dragon King).

Big Trouble in Little China intro for Raiden is cool. And don't knock Raiden. He had A LOT to deal with. Not just the fate of Earthrealm. Ohhhhhh nnnnoooooo. Although it wasn't shown in frame in story mode, I bet everytime "good" chars "misunderstood" one another, he facepalmed, and thought to himself, "Buncha ****y, whiny.... Hey! Don't make me turn this tournament around!"

Raiden-edit.jpg

Something like that but shorter from the Lightning chararacter would be better imo but i like it and the way it is, i just don't get it
1218607074_LightningBigTroubleinLittleChina.jpg

the only thing don't like at Raiden is the lightning ball instead of the normal electricity special move.