Sonya Thread - "Mission Accomplished"

wow, I looked back at some of the combo videos... is her damage still the same because she can really get up there

ugh.. Frame trapping Whore <_< I hate cage with a passion since the XBL tourney. Every cage i play i hope the player feel mileena's U+4 in RL
x_x

lol. cage is one of my mains lol. and critical can tell u how crazy I am with him lol. but don't worry, I didn't hop on johnnys dick after a tourney. I've been usin him since the demo

wow, I looked back at some of the combo videos... is her damage still the same because she can really get up there

That tournament @ devastation. That sonya player took out HUGE chunks of HP and he was dropping combos. So I imagine her combos are still high damage post patch.

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=7dPUQ8WdCxg

here u go. it isn't devastation, but I'm sure this is the guy critical was talkin about. au wonder chef is a amazing sonya player.

Sonya and Kitana have the cutest tummies in he game.

Anyway, I was actually picking up Sonya before I stopped playing MK. Not one of the easier characters that's for sure.

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=7dPUQ8WdCxg

here u go. it isn't devastation, but I'm sure this is the guy critical was talkin about. au wonder chef is a amazing sonya player.

Nice, I finally got to watch the video, and boy that guy is really good.

Anyway, I was actually picking up Sonya before I stopped playing MK. Not one of the easier characters that's for sure.

She does have a nice tummy. ;)

^^^ dunno the time Exemery but here is devastation

EDIT nevermind man. wrong link I'm having problems finding top 8 wtf. lol

Dont worry, I can be patient :)

Fuhck the tummy all about DEM LEGS!! Sonya and Mileena's D+4 Oh yeah! Sexxxy Legs :)

Edit: Sonya's Hurt box on her D+4 is higher than mileena's right?

Last edited:
I dunno man, I've heard a lot from sonya players and Cage players. They are somewhat equal in terms of viability in tournament.

I know Cage is gross upclose as well.

tru. but almost every move johnny has leaves him safe or have frame advantage on block and hit, especially his ex forceballs, nut punch and f2 1. and johnny is waaayyy easier to use. sonya has pressure game too, don't get me wrong, and its almost impossible to jump in on her because of her fast uppercut (the fastest in the game). she can definitely play a pokin game because she has the fastest jab in the game. but she is highly technical and negative edge hits her hard. plus her main strings and specials can be punished or leave her at neutral frames on block

tru. but almost every move johnny has leaves him safe or have frame advantage on block and hit, especially his ex forceballs, nut punch and f2 1. and johnny is waaayyy easier to use. sonya has pressure game too, don't get me wrong, and its almost impossible to jump in on her because of her fast uppercut (the fastest in the game). she can definitely play a pokin game because she has the fastest jab in the game. but she is highly technical and negative edge hits her hard. plus her main strings and specials can be punished or leave her at neutral frames on block

yeah but then those weaknesses aren't as blaring when you factor in dive kick mind games/ she practically has mileena's D4.

I know she's not as strong as johnny in some instances, but she also has things on johnny in other departments. Dunno they seem pretty even to me, just Johnny is easier to handle(play as I mean). Sonya not so much lol.

yeah but then those weaknesses aren't as blaring when you factor in dive kick mind games/ she practically has mileena's D4.

I know she's not as strong as johnny in some instances, but she also has things on johnny in other departments. Dunno they seem pretty even to me, just Johnny is easier to handle(play as I mean). Sonya not so much lol.

tru. that dive kick is crazy, but again, comboing after is not the easiest thing to do lol. and one MAJOR advantage johnny has ove sonya is his xray. one he has that, he basically controls the whole fight. he can rushdown relentlessly while the opponent (a smart one) will have to limit their attacks drastically. I think johnny has the best xray in the game because of the damage that can come from it and the strategies behind it

tru. that dive kick is crazy, but again, comboing after is not the easiest thing to do lol. and one MAJOR advantage johnny has ove sonya is his xray. one he has that, he basically controls the whole fight. he can rushdown relentlessly while the opponent (a smart one) will have to limit their attacks drastically. I think johnny has the best xray in the game because of the damage that can come from it and the strategies behind it

Yeah I know what you mean. It's lke in a subzero vs Reptile fight. once one of them gets an X-ray the other one can't throw projectiles out.

usually when johnny has a full X-ray I pretend he doesn't lol. then after I knock him down or get a hit opportunity while he has control of his character I'll try to bait it by empty hopping or something.

i treat Johnny's X-ray like I did with Samus' fully charged Beam back in my SSBM days. I pretend that crap isn't there. Otherwise They are gonna take advantage of me, I just try to read when they might think it's a good idea to throw it out. I can't sit there scared forever waiting for the Xray.

some of her combos have really good damage meterless. Even my Kitana bnbs go from 39% to 44% post-patch. but I have never seen something as technical as comboing after dive kick 0-o