SoulCalibur V Confirmed

I used to be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Soul Calibur fan. Favored it over MK for the past 10 years, but I've been pretty meh towards the series since SC3. Soul Calibur has always been the worst with out-of-place guest characters, and when Lucas got his Star Wars in my Soul Calibur with SC4 I lost all interest, especially since they were so overpowered.

Regardless, I have mild interest in SC5. Sort of like MK did with the 3D era, I feel like Soul Calibur has deviated far too much from the original tale and offered up bland, uninteresting and "hot topic" characters, ultimately weakening the story.

IMO, no fighting game could ever tell a story like MK can.

As a person who thought SC4 was a pretty good game (nowhere NEAR SC2) I want to know what was bad about it? I never played it as seriously as MK games so I'd appreciate some insight. :)

As a person who thought SC4 was a pretty good game (nowhere NEAR SC2) I want to know what was bad about it? I never played it as seriously as MK games so I'd appreciate some insight. :)

Well I got SCIII after SCIV came out.

So after I was finished with SCIII I immediately bought SCIV and noticed not a whole lot was different.

In fact they took a lot of the good things away.

I loved the adventure mode and branching story mode SCIII had, SCIV felt very lackluster when compared to its predecessor IMO.

I have SC4 for PS3, and The gameplay was good (Since I only have, and have played SC2 and SC4) but the Online mode in SC4 SUCKED. Only Ranked and player mode, and the people online would do nothing but be Yunsung and spam -Forward, Triangle, Triangle- and get me to Critical Finish.

Oh yeah, Broken Destiny. I totally forgot. What is with fighting games and their strange Kratos obsession?

TBH, I'm not really looking forward to this. With the "meh" SC3 and the horrid SC4, my interest in the series died down to nothing. I'll wait until the reviews for it come out before deciding whether to buy, rent, or just skip on it.

In fact they took a lot of the good things away.

I loved the adventure mode and branching story mode SCIII had, SCIV felt very lackluster when compared to its predecessor IMO.

This. Plus, the character creator in SC3 was one of the best ever in any fighting game. in SC4, they severely limited it to only existing fighters' styles.

Please let there not be any "out of style" guest characters in there.
I mean, I can understand having Kratos in there on PSP, but the Star Wars characters ? Seriously.

TBH, I'm not really looking forward to this. With the "meh" SC3 and the horrid SC4, my interest in the series died down to nothing. I'll wait until the reviews for it come out before deciding whether to buy, rent, or just skip on it.

This. Plus, the character creator in SC3 was one of the best ever in any fighting game. in SC4, they severely limited it to only existing fighters' styles.

^agree the Customizating was amazing in SC3, I thought it was a huge step down in SC4. The side storyline that you played with your custom character made that game that much better. SC4 unfortunatly lacked in that area.

Please let there not be any "out of style" guest characters in there.
I mean, I can understand having Kratos in there on PSP, but the Star Wars characters ? Seriously.

Star Wars was a joke in SC4, don't get me started. I was a beast with Apprentice though...lol Let's all look forward to Kratos being in SC5 since he's like the Lebron James of Sony. He get's whatever he wants.