Cyrax Thread - "Safeties Disabled; Combat Mode Engaged!"

OK well if its true its getting patched that's a good thing now lets just hope they patch the buffer system nothing sucks more then trying to juggle with 4 only to have a bomb come out because a dash uses the same motion as a Med bomb

mrb1973, I think there was talk of a possible move set remapping especially for CSZ. If it applies for CSZ then it might apply for other characters. I think they just want to remove any move that starts with a forward forward since dashing in this game is very important.

Yeah that would make sense heck I miss the old button hold moves bringing those back would solve a lot of problems although how ex moves would work with that idk

Thanks for the video, I'm reading through that forum now. But really that was Tom's fault for not using his breakers, and also getting set up into those predictable nets anyways. I was expecting these players to be a hell of a lot better, I play a better Cyrax than Joe. That's all he does is spam bombs and nets until something connects, he has no balls.

But honestly it's not broken, people need to get over it. That's like saying that Scorpion's spear is broken, because when you spear people in you can get a free ~30% combo in unless they use a breaker, same with Sub-Zero's ice ball.

Immortal Reaver, with all due of respect if you think you're better then please attend these tournaments. Theres a lot of sleepers out there that needs to attend these tournaments. Btw, playing under pressure in a tournament is different to playing at home against online players. People tend to make mistakes under pressure. Thats why some tournament players wear and use headphones to relieve some stress.

I was reading in that thread that Tom was whining about his controller, the console he played on, and other things. I think he's just butthurt that he lost, honestly.

But I don't really have any desire to play competitively, it ruins the game in my opinion. I played competitive Halo 2 and 3 for a few years and it just ruined gaming for me for a while because I was taking every small detail so seriously. Also I don't really think that (at least in it's current state) MK9 is not tournament-worthy. It's just way too noob-friendly.

bmsirhc, are you even a cyrax fan? You keep complaining about cyrax's trap. If you are a fan I dont get why you would moan about it. But if your not its understandable how you will be annoyed.

Immortal does have a point after all almost all of cyraxs specials net (pardon the pun) you a free combo so in a sense those are inescapable set ups by design and no one wants those removed

Sad thing is, I think the newer fighting games are turning into a more noob-friendlier game to try and attract more newer crowd. Take MvC3 for an example, it feels a lot noob friendlier compared to how MvC2 was.

But yeah, I agree Tom Brady was def salty after that match lolol. He used to be a lot worse when he used to play Tekken.

bmsirhc, are you even a cyrax fan? You keep complaining about cyrax's trap. If you are a fan I dont get why you would moan about it. But if your not its understandable how you will be annoyed.

I'm not really annoyed by it, you can see on the previous page that I said that I think its fair game for Cyrax. I did play Cyrax for awhile but ended up going to CSZ. Even if I was a fan and I found it unfair, I would still complain about it. I'm all for balance for the game.

Immortal does have a point after all almost all of cyraxs specials net (pardon the pun) you a free combo so in a sense those are inescapable set ups by design and no one wants those removed

Yes thats true but the nature of the bomb trap is that you do one combo with xx% damage, stun, re trap inescapably for another xx% combo.

bmsirhc, you can multiple quote into one post. It's the button to the right of "Reply With Quote", just check all of the posts you'd like to quote then hit reply with quote. Just saying, because a mod will probably come in here and say no to multi-post. ;)

I just got done watching the 2nd video, and OMG Tom would not shut up. He was picking on LI Joe while he was in the middle of a game, that's low. Also if his controller was "broken" he could have said so during the short button testing that they had.

As far as the noob friendlyness of this game is concerned I actually find it to be at odds with the higher level systems what I mean is its hard to be precise when the games auto pilot kicks in, in situations that require strict timing prime example of that would be juggling with 3 and trying to nail an ex bomb afterwords but having to use b,b instead of f,f because of spacing issues and the games need to dash with f,f problem is made worse by the buffer system that for some crazy reason reads 3b,b the same as b,b,3 mean a nets coming out in this situation more offyen then Not

And about the combo into combo trap almost all good combos work off the idea of using a special to lead into another combo string hence why without resetting the net is only usable once in a combo

Taken from Shoryuken:

Command throw that hits high. Only way to avoid this is crouching without blocking.
Opponent can break this by pressing FP
. Main part of the unavoidable bomb trap. You can get the grab 100% guaranteed off of a jump in punch that is blocked, although it can still be broken.

Tom should have been able to see the nets coming, and block them. If he could have predicted his oppponent better he could have crouched without blocking. Which would have worked great against LI Joe, because he wasn't doing many low attacks at all.

Just a little something from the practice lab you cab anti air throw after his x ray but the timing is tight

I can usually land a 1 2 1 combo after his X-Ray. I can't seem to land an uppercut though, but I've seen it done in videos. Any tips?