Mavado... worth resurrecting?

johnnyuppercut

I hate Mavado as much as the next person and especially HATE his MKDA fatality..... could it have BEEN any worse? BUT i think he could be cool to bring back for MK7 because of the RedDragon vs BlackDragon thing. Plus if you just revamped his moves and stuff (like more than just those blimmin rope-hook things) he might be decent. I thought of a mad fatality for him as well. He stands REALLY far away and does like a lassoe swing over head with his ropethings then *WHIPS* one into each side of the opponent... (and the hooks get stuck in their sides...) Then *WHIPS* away and a ripple goes through the ropes >>> toward the opponent >>> then when the ripples get to the opponent, they get ripped in half. It MIGHT sound crap... i dunno. What i picture in my heas for this is both MAD and PHAT in that order.

Personally i think they should make a MK game about the red and black dragons fighting it off to the death.......multiplayer madness!

I concur with you, johnnyuppercut. Mavado is a cool representation of the Red Dragon and I like the clan war between both dragon groups and hope they explore it in the next MK.
On another note, the fatality you thought up for Mavado sounds pretty amazing. Ropes and torsos flying with copious amounts of blood never seemed so artistic.

What?! How could you NOT like Mavado! He was my favorite when I first got MK:DA! I think his fatality was really cool! Rippin' out kidneys and all. But the animation could've done better, I mean when he jumped in the air, he magically went back some more.

I don't like Mavado. He shouldn't come back. Maybe someone who is his successor and way better to play as.

perhaps the 'adventure game' that follows Shaolin Monks could be like "MK: Opposing Dragons" or somethingorother. A successor you say? brilliant! (S)he could mimic SOME aspects of Mavado and Hsu Hao (thus expanding the mythology EVEN further) and do the fatality i said! (Thank you burning eye for the kudos)

Look, I like the whole feud idea but here's how its gonna go in my head. Kabal is going to resurect Kano and Jarek with Onaga's heart. Mavado will fight the Black Dragon alone. He will then kill them all except Kabal leaving for the ultimate battle (Hookswords are awesome). Now there has to be a feud between the Lin Kuei and the Brotherhood of Shadow because of Sub-Zero's death at the hands of Noob and Smoke. Naturally the Lin Kuei will win, however the winner of the Red/Black Dragon feud will attack the Lin Kuei (remember Mavado's MKDA ending).

P.S. nice work on that fatality but the 2nd one should have the Hookswords

perhaps everyone can have THEIR OWN stage fatalities for each arena. Like, they use the level to destroy their opponent in their own gruesome way. Like mavado (or whoever has hookswords) could use them to hook someone to the wall and proceed to pummel the fu*k out of them.

Prince Goro, I really liked your ideas regarding the clan war up until you wrote Mavado killed all but Kabal. Kano has to survive as well, though he may be defeated, Kano cannot die. To come back from death or seemingly die ,this is a trademark of Kano and would work here as well. Now about killing Jarek and Kira, I say go for the jugular! Their deaths fuel the fire between these warring factions.
About the Brotherhood of Shadow/Lin Kuei feud, who would the Brotherhood battle? If we assume Noob's ending occured and Sub was murdered, who is left of the Lin Kuei? Frost is encased in ice(she could get out but still), Sektor was defeated by Sub back in Deadly Alliance. I guess they would have to conjure up a couple members of the Lin Kuei in this situation. But I don't believe Sub was killed. I'm in favor of the brother versus brother component for the next MK. Hell, let Noob have his Netherrealm army despite Sub-Zero's existence. It would be a clash to be remembered.

Where does it say Kano is dead? In my opinion, the reason Kano didn't appear in MK :D, is because he is probably running from the Special forces.