Top 10 Worst Fatalities of all time

How is Kiss of Death bad? Jarek's inexplicable eye laser should have been on the list. I totally agree with Kano's stomp being the worst ever, but I think the neck stretch should have been a little closer to the top.

Sorry didnt wanna make another topic but why doesnt Cage put the award on KRATOS head in his fatality? It does that to everyone but Kratos...

Also when Ermac does his second fatality on Kratos, Kratos isnt even scared like the others although he is small .lol

Last edited:
Whoever is writing that is obviously a bit special... He can manage to suspend belief with Kobra's heart rip or other extremely over the top hara kiris... but he manages to say Dairou's makes no sense... okay sir....

Do Animalities count? Scorpion's, Ermac's and Reptile's animalities NEED to be mentioned in any list concerning the worst finishers in MK.

Kabal's Head Inflation, Kano's Stomach Pounce (lol), Rain's Upside-Down Uppercut (WTF?), Motaro's fatality in the N64 version of MKT, the fatality in MK vs DC where Jax shoots you up in the air with a machine gun, most MK vs DC fatalities in general (I did like both of Sub-Zero's fatalities and Scorpion's "Toasty!" in that game, though, but they are the only exception), Jax's MK:DA fatality, Ashrah's 2nd fatality (not the voodoo one), Mileena's Nail-Splitter, Jarek's Eye-Laser, Jarek's Heart Rip, Kobra's 2nd fatality, Jax's Big Foot, Kratos' Medusa Gaze, Quan Chi's Neck Stretch, Drahmin's MK:DA fatality, and Sindel's Mouthful from MK9 are the worst fatalities in MK.

Dude seriously? I love scorps and reptiles animalities sure they were stupid but whts more humiliating than getting blown up by a penguin?

Mileena's Maneater (MK2 and MKT)
Quan Chi's Neck Stretch
Cyrax's Suicide Bomb
Sektor's and Smoke's End of the World
Cyber Sub-Zero's Suicide Hop
Kabal's Head Inflation
Rain's Upside Down Uppercut
Jax's Giant Dtomp
Jarek's Eye Laser (Not for him!!!)
Kano's Gut Stomp

Animalities: All EXCEPT...
Scorpion's MK4
Sindel's
Shang Tsung's
Nightwolf's
Liu Kang's

10. Liu Kang's cartwheel uppercut (MK1/MK2); should be a Super move at most.
9. Shang Tsung's clown morph (MK9)
8. Rain's upside down uppercut (MKT)
7. Jax's stomp (MK3)
6. Cyrax's self-destruct (MK3/MKG)
5. Mileena's nail shooter (UMK3/MKG)
4. Darrius' limb scrambler (MKD)
3. Classic Sub-Zero's censored spine rip (UMK3)
2. Kabal's balloon (MK3)

And there's a HUGE gap between #2 and #1....

1. Quan Chi's neck stretch (MKDA)

Nah, compared to the Spine Rip (Sub-Zero), Toasty (Scorpion), Kiss Of Death (Sonya), Electric head explosion (Raiden), Uppercut decapitation (Johnny Cage) and Heart Ripper (Kano), the Cartwheel Uppercut sucks and PALES in comparison.

The best thing that they did with the Cartwheel Uppercut was to make it an X-Ray move in MK9.

Beyond that, it's "MEH," at best.

I may include some from (*gasp*) MK9 here, so don't get offended:

10- Darrius' limb fatality (Deception)

9- Cyber Sub-Zero's ninja star into the brain fatality (MK9)

8- Scorpion's Sub-Zero's Spine Rip (Deception)

7 & 6 Raiden's Just a Scratch (MK9) & Ermac's Mind Over Splatter (MK9)
Why not Raiden's MKII exploding uppercut OR his MKII / MK4 shock explosion fatality, instead?
Why couldn't Ermac's Telekinetic Slam be done?
Am I the only one that's pissed off that these 2 had the EXACT SAME FATALITY in MK9???

5- Jarek's Eye laser (MK4)
Considering that he didn't have a cybernetic eye, this was dumb.
And considering that he was a blatant Kano rip-off, it's even dumber.

4- Jax's Stomp (MK3) & Jax's Head Clap / Arm Pull (MK9)
I roped these 2 together because I'm trying to do a top 10 list, and can't decide which one annoyed me even more.
Jax turning into a giant and stomping on someone is dumb, and I'm surprised that they also gave it to Ermac in MK9.
Jax's MK9 Head Clap / Arm Pull fatality could have easily been one of the best (if not THE BEST fatality) had they reversed the order, but I guess the ESRB was breathing down their necks.
Shame.

3- Rain's Upside-down Uppercut (UMK3)

2- Liu Kang's Cartwheel Uppercut (MK1)
With MK1 being a game about warriors with really awesome powers, Liu Kang doing a bland Cartwheel Uppercut fatality felt, well....... bland.
Thankfully, Midway redeemed him in MKII with the Dragon fatality

1- Quan Chi's Neck Stretch (MK4)

Sorry didnt wanna make another topic but why doesnt Cage put the award on KRATOS head in his fatality? It does that to everyone but Kratos...

Also when Ermac does his second fatality on Kratos, Kratos isnt even scared like the others although he is small .lol

NRS did this on purpose with a lot of fatalities done on Kratos, to "show respect" to Sony Santa Monica's character.

Last edited:
I also have to admit, Kitana's Kiss Of Death was horrible in MKvsDCU.

The rest are pretty good but SHE NEEDS TO TAKE OFF HER MASK WHEN KISSING!!!

What made that fatality horrible wasn't that she didn't take off her mask.

It was that the body looked like a cartoon when it was exploding.
It was just flat-out terrible, along with 99% of the MKvsDC fatalities.

What made that fatality horrible wasn't that she didn't take off her mask.

It was that the body looked like a cartoon when it was exploding.
It was just flat-out terrible, along with 99% of the MKvsDC fatalities.

It's BOTH REASONS actually! Plus that dn skeleton at the end. It would've passed by me if the bones were all over the place and not intact.

In MKSM, I know she didn't take of her mask (which BUGGED ME A LOT) but the seizure activity and explosion of the victim made up for it.

Still, SHE NEEDS TO TAKE HER MASK OFF!

I also thought the UMK3/MKT version was pretty goofy and poorly made but at least she took off her mask and it's A LOT better than MKvsDCU.

Nah, compared to the Spine Rip (Sub-Zero), Toasty (Scorpion), Kiss Of Death (Sonya), Electric head explosion (Raiden), Uppercut decapitation (Johnny Cage) and Heart Ripper (Kano), the Cartwheel Uppercut sucks and PALES in comparison.

The best thing that they did with the Cartwheel Uppercut was to make it an X-Ray move in MK9.

Beyond that, it's "MEH," at best.

Unless you perform that fatality in the Pit stage...Why they brought that back in MK2 without activating the stage fatalities with it (or at the very least the Dead Pool stage) is beyond me. If I'm not mistaken, they also made it a special move in MK vs DCU. I don't mind it being a special move, because I feel that it's more practical as such instead of a fatality.

I believe Liu Kang was originally given that fatality because of the fact that he's a Shaolin Monk, and as such shuns gratuitous violence, and only a non-violent fatality would be considered "in character" for him. I don't remember how much backlash Midway received from fans over that fatality, or if it was a contributing factor in creating his more famous Dragon fatality.

Unless you perform that fatality in the Pit stage...Why they brought that back in MK2 without activating the stage fatalities with it (or at the very least the Dead Pool stage) is beyond me. If I'm not mistaken, they also made it a special move in MK vs DCU. I don't mind it being a special move, because I feel that it's more practical as such instead of a fatality.

I believe Liu Kang was originally given that fatality because of the fact that he's a Shaolin Monk, and as such shuns gratuitous violence, and only a non-violent fatality would be considered "in character" for him. I don't remember how much backlash Midway received from fans over that fatality, or if it was a contributing factor in creating his more famous Dragon fatality.

Agreed.
I don't know why they brought it back for MKII, if it wasn't really liked during MK1.
I don't mind it being a special move or even X-Ray move like in MK9.
The same goes for Mileena's sai stab fatality.
Using both of those fatalities as X-Rays in MK9 are the best thing that NRS has ever done with them.
Both are very powerful, but not fatality-worthy.

I could see his fatality being toned down due to violence, but then I don't understand why Midway didn't give him something like his MK3 fatality?

That would have been better in MK1 than his cartwheel kick fatality, IMO.

Agreed.
I don't know why they brought it back for MKII, if it wasn't really liked during MK1.
I don't mind it being a special move or even X-Ray move like in MK9.
The same goes for Mileena's sai stab fatality.
Using both of those fatalities as X-Rays in MK9 are the best thing that NRS has ever done with them.
Both are very powerful, but not fatality-worthy.

I could see his fatality being toned down due to violence, but then I don't understand why Midway didn't give him something like his MK3 fatality?

That would have been better in MK1 than his cartwheel kick fatality, IMO.

As much as I absolutely HATE Mileena (my sentiments on this particular character are very well-documented), her sai stab was among my favorites simply because of the sheer amount of blood involved (although you could argue that it was more blood than was necessary, especially since it spilled more blood than even some of the more gruesome fatalities). I think MK3's fatalities in general were rather campy compared to those in the rest of the series, even the decapitation fatalities (because of the fact that the falling forward knees first effect was omitted, it made it look like you were decapitating a statue).

10 - Hsu Hao's Deadly Alliance - Lame. Just lame.

9 - Scorpion's Scorpion Fatality (MK4) - I guess they felt really bad giving Sheeva the scorpion for an animality and having Scorpion being a penguin. It was just lame and not as exciting as his previous fatalities. I really liked the clones.

8 - Shang Tsung's Deadly Alliance - I love Shang Tsung a lot in this game, but his fatality seemed a bit lacky for my taste. I wanted to see something better than having him slam his opponent down to the ground three times. His other soul sucking fatalities were great, so what happened here? Plus, all that popcorn bubble pieces soaked in blood was just an eye sore.

7 - Tanya's Deception Fatalities - I really enjoyed her fatalities in the fourth, so what the hell happened to her when it came to Deception? They were just... dumb! I mean, no one thought it was wise enough for her to revise her old fatalities? I would have been certain that her neck breaker fatality would have been a returning one since I really liked that one a lot. But seriously, what happened here? And she's one of my favorites!

6 - Shinnok's Hands - You know, for a guy who sought to replace my favorite villain in this game, he really didn't have anything going for him that I liked, especially when it came down to his fatalities. I thought it was kinda funny when you possessed Tonya's or Sonya's moves because his voice changed to their voices, but nothing about his fatalities got me the sense that this guy was supposed to be a real threat.... Besides, didn't he not have any moves of his own during the fourth?

5 - Darrius' Fatalities - This guy was a complete joke, and I greatly disliked him for being in this game. None of his fatalities were great, and I thought the one where he just mixes up the limbs on the guy was just utterly stupid. It made me enjoy beating him twice as much whenever I fought in in the arcade mode.

4 - Dariou's Fatalities - Nothing about this guy was interesting from the start. Could he have been different had he been featured in Deadly Alliance? I don't know, but nonetheless, this guy was painfully dull and boring and neither of his fatalities were remotely interesting by a longshot. Completely dull.

3 - Li Mei's Decapitation fatality (Deception) - It's the one where she kicks the head of her opponent so hard the whole body explodes. Seriously?

2 - Mileena's MKGold - I thought she got screwed over big time in this game, and this is coming from a person who likes playing as her in all the games that she is featured in. Both of them are the same fatalities, I thought she would have had something interesting, but no. We get a blatant copy of Reiko's star throwing fatality with her throwing dozens of sais and spitting a bunch of nails. Booooring.

1 - Sonya's Leg Splits - First off, I know that the laws of physics gets ignored a lot in this game, but nothing and I mean nothing can explain the silliness behind her fatality of splitting a guy in half with her legs in a fashion that makes no sense! No matter how many times I slowly watch this fatality on Youtube, nothing shows me how the hell she does this. And I get it, there's no sense in Sub-Zero freezing an enemy in mid air and having him stay there, but this just has no explanation and it's just... dumb.

And before anyone asks, I DID like Quan Chi's neck stretch fatality. It proves that you can have a fatality with no blood and still be cool ;-) I don't like them, they were completely stupid. I also don't count guest characters because I just don't. But if someone kinda gets where I'm trying to head, it'd probably make more sense than some lists that I've seen. And I know there's a heck of a lot of other ones that are really bad, such as Motaro's Trilogy fatality... but some of them have a reason to suck... And I can kinda give a reason why if anyone wants me to.

And before anyone asks, I DID like Quan Chi's neck stretch fatality. It proves that you can have a fatality with no blood and still be cool ;-) I don't like them, they were completely stupid. I also don't count guest characters because I just don't. But if someone kinda gets where I'm trying to head, it'd probably make more sense than some lists that I've seen. And I know there's a heck of a lot of other ones that are really bad, such as Motaro's Trilogy fatality... but some of them have a reason to suck... And I can kinda give a reason why if anyone wants me to.

I fail to understand what you see in Quan Chi's neck boner fatality. Ed Boon himself has admitted that this was he hated this fatality more than any other, so what does that tell you?

Quan Chi's neck stretch is badass because it shows his mad skills. Sub Zero has tried to do the neck stretch since MK1, but the lumbering idiot always just yanks it off with his retard strength. Chi shows majest in his artful killings, a true master of his craft