Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel Death's Cold Embrace!"

Re: Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel the Cold Embrace of Death"

yeah yeah,need perfect timing for that 2,1,2 + slide

Im getting better on that combo and i can now do it at least once in 3 tries lol

Ive Always Perferred Ice Over Fire But Never Used Sub-Zero.But Im Getting To Know Him But Hes Too Slow Thats The Only Problem.

Thanks For This Thread

Anyone find a good use for hide ground freeze

To be honest: I didn't like Sub-Zero after playing the Demo Version. He seemed to be too slow and lame if compared to Mileena, JC and Scorpion. But after playing for a while I really love Sub-Zero's gameplay. His kombos are very strong and deadly.
I am good with Sub-Zero but I used Scoprion to master the 300th challenge because you need a fast fighter with a teleport move...
Fire and Ice= My mains

Im getting better on that combo and i can now do it at least once in 3 tries lol

are u tapping 2,2,2 like crazy or u do it like u b+1+2,iceball,j+2,b+1+2,2,1,2 + slide or u are tapping like me 222222 :D

are u tapping 2,2,2 like crazy or u do it like u b+1+2,iceball,j+2,b+1+2,2,1,2 + slide or u are tapping like me 222222 :D

This one ---> b+1+2,iceball,j+2,b+1+2,2,1,2 + slide

But when i can i replace slide with xray.

Visit my Ermac thread: here!

All the Sub-Zero Kombos you'll ever need

A few of you requested it so here it is, Sub Zero BnBs, please subscribe.

Kombo 1: Hitconfirm 34%
BPxxBPxxIceball, fd, nj.FP, fd, FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 2: Hitconfirm 38%
B+FPxxBPxxIceball, fd, nj.FP, fd, FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 3: Overhead 35%
F+BKxxIceball, fd, nj.FP, fd, FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 4: Unblockable 37%
B+BP(charge), fd, FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 5: Iceball 2 dashes away 29%
Iceball, fd(max 2), nj.FP, fd, FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 6: Iceball more than 2 dashes away 26%
Iceball, fd, fd, fj.BP, BPxxFPxxBKxxSlide

Kombo 7: Ice Puddle 31%
Ice Puddle, fd, nj.FP, fd, FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 8: Ice Clone (Anti-air) 29%
Ice Clone, fd, nj.FP, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 9: Jump-in 41%
fj.FP, B+FPxxBPxxIceball, fd, nj.FP, fd, FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBPxxSlide

Kombo 10: X-Ray 53%
fj.FP, B+FPxxBPxxIceball, fd, nj.FP, fd, B+FPxxBP, BPxxFPxxBKxxDeep Freeze(X-Ray)

Another fairly straightforward character, Sub-Zero's power comes from maximizing damage off of his various freezing abilities. While the jump-in combo or long range overhead might be useful every once in a while, mostly you'll want to rely on his Iceball(beam) and Ice Clone to set your opponent up for losing a quarter of his life. An X-Ray tacked on the end of any of his combos will give you a significant damage increase but in most situations I'd imagine you'd be better served saving it for beams and breakers.

Re: All the Sub-Zero Kombos you'll ever need

those are pretty badass i like useing sub-zero but im not pro with him, at least i dont hide behind my ice clone all day lol all i do with him is away fp bp fp and bp fp bk slide haha

Sub-Zero has always been my favourite character in MK. I now know literally every single one of his kombos, it's just that sometimes I can't pull them off. What a terrible time to get MK9 with PSN down. :(

is there possibility to be really good on xbox360 pad ? cuz i dont have money for sf joystick :S

is there possibility to be really good on xbox360 pad ? cuz i dont have money for sf joystick :S

Only if they decide to remove the negative edge in the game. Or at least lessen the window of it. A lot of pad players suffer at tournaments because of this. Theres rumors that it will be tweaked though so just cross your fingers.

Ill add more info tomorrow, had to study today, ill add tips, tactics and more stuff.

Ill check some of the combos that FOB posted and ill add em. thx

@FOB nice combos ..but IMO not very usefull. the extra dash-fp is just to risky.. IF your timing is off the b+fp,bp wiffs.

@Fox17 I did some research today and this combos are equal:

JP, b+12xxfreeze, step back, JP, 214xxslide 38%

JP, b+12xxfreeze, NeutralJP, dash b+12,212xxslide 38%

Also this Xray Combo does more damage...

JP, b+12xxfreeze, step back, JP, 214xxXray 55% (hold the Xray buttons for 0,25sec ;P)

...than this one:

JP, b+12xxfreeze, NeutralJP, dash b+12,214xxXray 53% (release Xray immediatley)

And for corner rapes:

JP, b+12xxfreeze, NJP, NJP, NJP, EXGroundFreeze, (repeat if possible - depending on Meter) , NJP, NJP, dash b+12,212xxSlide

Or for Mid-Combos:

JP, b+12xxfreeze, NeutralJP, EXGroundFreeze, dash, (repeat if possible - depending on Meter) , NJP, dash b+12,212xxSlide

All combos tested with AI on Jump!

Have Fun! ;)

Last edited:

Il check some of that combos when i come home, also i dont understand FOB's combos they have a very bad input i really dont understand.

i added a 50% dam x-ray combo very easy to pull, a lot easier than the 47% xray combo.

man ...why don't u use the combos I posted? They are all legit. and are more damaging ..also u could give some credit for testing that stuff ;)

man ...why don't u use the combos I posted? They are all legit. and are more damaging ..also u could give some credit for testing that stuff ;)

I really didnt see them, ill check it now, thx.

EDIT: they make more damage because they start with jump punch, but they are pretty the same combos, and i prefer to add the combos "clean" without it, because you can add the jump punch to all the combos, so add all the combos to the list with jump punch at the begining seems irrelevant to me, if someone wants to jump punch just do it.