Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

  1. #1
    Kombatant Chuck Tamblyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Willoughby Hills, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    116
    Xbox Live
    F3ARxChaRLie
    UMK DS
    373941313320
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    For someone involved in the fire service I thought this was flippin bad ass! Video in link.
    LINK:
    http://www.firehouse.com/news/top-he...u-firefighters

    Just uploaded it to youtube

    http://youtu.be/tKQc7zFcCD0

    Grammy Award-winning recording artist Cee Lo Green has teamed up with Duracell to show his appreciation to the nation's fire service.

    It may sound like an odd combination at first, but the singer says he owes a lot to the volunteer firefighters who pulled his mother from a near-fatal collision when he was 16 years old.

    His mother also volunteered as a firefighter.

    As part of Power Those Who Protect Us campaign, Green transformed his popular song "Forget You" into "Thank You".

    The campaign is a battery donation program focused on aiding firehouses across the country with out-of-pocket power expenses.

    "As entertainers in the public light, we have a unique opportunity to raise awareness for causes close to our hearts through our greatest passion: music," Green said in a statement. "That's why I am proud to join the Power Those Who Protect Us cause, to tell my own story and shed light on the tireless sacrifices our nation's volunteers make each and every day to protect their communities."
    Last edited by Chuck Tamblyn; 05-05-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Firefighter -Skateboarder -Gamer - Music lover



  2. #2
    Kombatant ninjustyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    219
    Xbox Live
    ninjustyn
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Haha that's nice of him. Lyrics are actually good too! At least it sounds like he actually meant it and it wasn't just a publicity stunt.

  3. #3
    Kombatant Chuck Tamblyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Willoughby Hills, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    116
    Xbox Live
    F3ARxChaRLie
    UMK DS
    373941313320
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjustyn View Post
    Haha that's nice of him. Lyrics are actually good too! At least it sounds like he actually meant it and it wasn't just a publicity stunt.
    Agreed. I cannot say I'm the biggest fan of his music but he defiantly has my respect. Much props to his mother being a volunteer too.
    Firefighter -Skateboarder -Gamer - Music lover



  4. #4
    Special Forces Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ORLANDOR< FLORIDOR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,623
    Xbox Live
    THE JOHNNY ROOK
    Steam
    THE_JOHNNY_ROOK
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 267 Times in 187 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    That's awesome, I wouldn't mind becoming a firefighter on the side. Very inspirational song. How are you involved in the fire service Chuck?

  5. #5
    Kombatant Chuck Tamblyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Willoughby Hills, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    116
    Xbox Live
    F3ARxChaRLie
    UMK DS
    373941313320
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOHNNY ROOK View Post
    That's awesome, I wouldn't mind becoming a firefighter on the side. Very inspirational song. How are you involved in the fire service Chuck?
    Currently a volunteer. I have my Firefighter level 2 certification (highest you can go) and I start EMT school this fall. As soon as I get my EMT certification I've been talking to a few people about starting at a local fire station part time. Then when I get my paramedic certification next summer I hope to be a full time career firefighter.


    Tell you what man it's a great thing to get into. You get a nice rewarding feeling like your actually making a difference. Sure I haven't saved anyone's life yet but that day is still to come! If your interested feel free to ask questions or go to your local fire dept and do some ride time. Not to mention chicks dig it ha.
    Firefighter -Skateboarder -Gamer - Music lover



  6. #6
    Special Forces Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ORLANDOR< FLORIDOR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,623
    Xbox Live
    THE JOHNNY ROOK
    Steam
    THE_JOHNNY_ROOK
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 267 Times in 187 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Tamblyn View Post
    Currently a volunteer. I have my Firefighter level 2 certification (highest you can go) and I start EMT school this fall. As soon as I get my EMT certification I've been talking to a few people about starting at a local fire station part time. Then when I get my paramedic certification next summer I hope to be a full time career firefighter.


    Tell you what man it's a great thing to get into. You get a nice rewarding feeling like your actually making a difference. Sure I haven't saved anyone's life yet but that day is still to come! If your interested feel free to ask questions or go to your local fire dept and do some ride time. Not to mention chicks dig it ha.
    Awesome dude, how does the volunteer firefighting work? Is it just like dispatching and all that? I am sure it is different here in Minneapolis vs Ohio like with regulations and what not. But I have a full time job and my schedule switches days and times weekly.

  7. #7
    Kombatant Chuck Tamblyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Willoughby Hills, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    116
    Xbox Live
    F3ARxChaRLie
    UMK DS
    373941313320
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOHNNY ROOK View Post
    Awesome dude, how does the volunteer firefighting work? Is it just like dispatching and all that? I am sure it is different here in Minneapolis vs Ohio like with regulations and what not. But I have a full time job and my schedule switches days and times weekly.
    Volunteers believe it or not make up about 75% of the fire service. Usually being a volunteer means you do it for free with the exception of pay per call departments. Even then your only getting $5 a call in most cases ha. How it works is they give you a pager that sends out a page if your dept is needed for service. So basically it's all about getting to the station as safely as possible but as fast as possible get on your gear and take off to the location. In Ohio they offer a 36 HR training course strictly for volunteer. But if you go higher than that (firefighter level 1 and 2) the training is far better and that could be used for career jobs.

    One big argument that goes on and on is volunteer training. You only need so many training hours a year to keep your certification as opposed to a career department where they train on a regular basis. So people tend to slack and it costs lives. Not to mention how many guys get killed just responding to the station. IDK I could go on and on but I don't want to bore anyone ha.

    Bottom line being a firefighter is a huge rush and a ton of fun. Teamwork at it's finest in what we call "controlled chaos".
    Firefighter -Skateboarder -Gamer - Music lover



  8. #8
    Special Forces Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ORLANDOR< FLORIDOR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,623
    Xbox Live
    THE JOHNNY ROOK
    Steam
    THE_JOHNNY_ROOK
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 267 Times in 187 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    I think I am the only one reading this, so you're not really boring anyone. I am a chef, so I know all about controlled chaos and teamwork. Yeah I read last night that volunteers do make up the majority of the department. I love the adrenaline rush, and plus all about connecting with your community. I got a great respect for the department. What I am curious is about this pager, what if I am at work and it goes off?! Would I be required to drop whatever I am doing and go?

  9. #9
    Kombatant Chuck Tamblyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Willoughby Hills, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    116
    Xbox Live
    F3ARxChaRLie
    UMK DS
    373941313320
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOHNNY ROOK View Post
    I think I am the only one reading this, so you're not really boring anyone. I am a chef, so I know all about controlled chaos and teamwork. Yeah I read last night that volunteers do make up the majority of the department. I love the adrenaline rush, and plus all about connecting with your community. I got a great respect for the department. What I am curious is about this pager, what if I am at work and it goes off?! Would I be required to drop whatever I am doing and go?
    Nope when your at work you don't need to respond. You have to make a percentage of calls each year but if your at a family event or work or anything of high importance to you then you are exempt. Technically you don't have to go to any call you don't want to. But of course a lot of pages go out at 4am in the morning when your sleeping ha.

    Where you a Chef at if you don't mind me asking? But yes you guys defiantly have a chaotic job as well!
    Firefighter -Skateboarder -Gamer - Music lover



  10. #10
    Special Forces Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ORLANDOR< FLORIDOR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,623
    Xbox Live
    THE JOHNNY ROOK
    Steam
    THE_JOHNNY_ROOK
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 267 Times in 187 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    I am a chef Hyatt hotels. Nothing like being under heavy assault and pounding out over 600 plates for a dish up. All about team work! But yeah anyway, I am real intrigued about the on call status. Thanks for all the info, I will definitely look more into this. I work all hours, and this sounds like a great adventure of service and prestige. Glad you made this thread and had this dream, because I have been thinking about this the last month.

  11. #11
    Shaolin Monk Zoidberg747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Age
    18
    Posts
    1,372
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Thats awesome :D

    MK9: Baraka, Kano, Sindel
    SCV: Mitsurugi, Pyrrha Omega
    Tekken 6: Jack 6, Roger Jr.

  12. #12
    Kombatant Chuck Tamblyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Willoughby Hills, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    116
    Xbox Live
    F3ARxChaRLie
    UMK DS
    373941313320
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOHNNY ROOK View Post
    I am a chef Hyatt hotels. Nothing like being under heavy assault and pounding out over 600 plates for a dish up. All about team work! But yeah anyway, I am real intrigued about the on call status. Thanks for all the info, I will definitely look more into this. I work all hours, and this sounds like a great adventure of service and prestige. Glad you made this thread and had this dream, because I have been thinking about this the last month.
    That's kind of how it started for me. I thought about it then I met my boss. He was a volunteer and just listening to his story's I knew I had to check it out for myself. So I signed up for the next Firefighter academy I could find and fell in love with it.

    Keep me updated on what you do man!
    Firefighter -Skateboarder -Gamer - Music lover



  13. #13
    Black Dragon Recruit Dan Cowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Loudon, NH
    Posts
    642
    PSN
    Dandaman37733
    Steam
    Dandaman37377
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    I love Cee Lo. All his songs are great and origonal, and this is a good way to say thanks to those awesome firefighters.

  14. #14
    Special Forces Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ORLANDOR< FLORIDOR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,623
    Xbox Live
    THE JOHNNY ROOK
    Steam
    THE_JOHNNY_ROOK
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 267 Times in 187 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Tamblyn View Post
    That's kind of how it started for me. I thought about it then I met my boss. He was a volunteer and just listening to his story's I knew I had to check it out for myself. So I signed up for the next Firefighter academy I could find and fell in love with it.

    Keep me updated on what you do man!
    For sure! Thanks man, I got off work and was walking home today and past a truck and I was like that's awesome as he get into the big red with a bag of Doritos. Should have been there!

  15. #15
    Tarkatan Warrior danduffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Posts
    250
    Xbox Live
    danduffy
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Cee Lo says "Thank you" to The Fire Service (Remix of **** you)

    Mad respect to firefighters for all their work they do, they should be recognise more for their achievments and hard work.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Request: Mileena's "Be Mine" Fatality in "MK3 Costume"
    By NerdyJordy in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 11:38 AM
  2. Is the "Tower" and the "Evil Monastery" the same?
    By dewey79 in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
  3. has anyone noticed Johnny Cage's amazingly powerful "cheap" attack??
    By boogufo in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Demo
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 03:17 AM
  4. mortal kombat SNES ending "the dancing shang tsung"
    By jka12002 in forum Mortal Kombat 1
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •