Online Pass Discussion

Tedakin

I did not. In fact when I tried to enter my code was when I first realized PSN was down. Apparently, even when PSN comes back, people who have not yet redeemed their codes still won't be able to play the game until the store comes back some time at the end of the month :(

http://translate.google.com/translate?ie=UTF-8&u=http://ps3life.nl/nieuws/8475-mortal-kombat-terug-online-spelen-zal-zelfs-met-het-psn-niet-lukken/&sl=nl&tl=en

EDIT: Yet this article attempts to refute the previous claim. Anyone have any other thoughts, updates on this?

http://www.thesonygeniuses.com/2011/05/mortal-kombat-playable-online.html

Re: I hope you entered your Kombat Pass before PSN went down...

I think this was posted already actually, I could be wrong but I thought I'd originally read about it on here. But yeah it's definitely confusing. What I remember asking in the other thread was if anyone here remembers redeeming their code on the PS3 in order to determine whether or not it goes through the store. Once we find that we should have our answer, if the Store doesn't immediately come back.

Though I can't imagine it being down for much longer, figure every day it's down for them is money lost and it's already been down long enough to hit them in the wallet.

So, if you bought the standard edition, you have to pay 10 bucks to play online? I thought you only had to enter the pass code that came with the game.

So, if you bought the standard edition, you have to pay 10 bucks to play online? I thought you only had to enter the pass code that came with the game.

Only if you bought it used, the new copies of the game come with the code to play it online.

... people who have not yet redeemed their codes still won't be able to play the game until the store comes back some time at the end of the month :(

You are making the bold assumption that PSN services for online games will be restored before the end of the month.

You are making the bold assumption that PSN services for online games will be restored before the end of the month.

They claimed last week that online playing will be back this week... but the week is almost over. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, although I admit it's looking a little bleak.

Sony says PSN online tomorrow.

and regarding the code....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/

Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
-This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games

This news is old, sorry to disappoint but the newest blog stated that in the coming days, PSN will get back online. It's highly unlikely that it will be tomorrow...

This news is old, sorry to disappoint but the newest blog stated that in the coming days, PSN will get back online. It's highly unlikely that it will be tomorrow...

That link is regarding what services will be restored, anyways Sony says by the end of this week PSN is on track, a week doesn't end on Friday though :), could be Sunday....

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/05/05/psn-still-on-track-for-this-week/

they need to put psn back on tonight im missing mk online and back to the future the game.......... wassup with cross game voice chat

In theory you cant redeem anything until the stores working, but there is the option in the extras section which sends it to the store so depends on if they're gonna allow some form of minimal access to let people redeem. I was really lucky and got the game delivered early which in the uk was wednesday morning so got my codes in straight away. Much sympathy to all ps3 owners right now. See you all on the hill!

They claimed last week that online playing will be back this week... but the week is almost over. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, although I admit it's looking a little bleak.

It's not going to be until at least 2 weeks from now.

Can you redeem your online pass? (ps3 owners)?

Network isnt up for Ohio yet, and I am curious about this. I know you cannot redeem character outfits because the store maintenance, but can you still enter your online pass and play online?

Re: Can you redeem your online pass? (ps3 owners)?

No you can't. A message comes up telling you that the online pass feature isn't available yet. I used the 2 day pass.

Mk's online is horrible right now anyway.

Kombat pass and DLC woes

Well it looks like PSN is back up which made me very happy to see. I whipped out my jade DLC code and looks like i can't enter it now. Feeling down, i decided to try out online finally for the first time...however..I didn't enter my kombat pass cause PSN was down when I got the game. And it looks like you can't do that either...soooo I'm still up a creek. :sad: