MK Fight stick technical problem? Microphone use

Adwel

I have 2 fight sticks (plan on building a PC desk that doubles as a MK stand up arcade machine..heh).

Both I tried last night while using my microphone and experienced a high pitch sound while having the mic plugged into the fight stick.

I first thought it was a problem limited to that fight stick, so I swapped it out with the other only to hear the same high pitch sound.

I switched to my controller, problem solved, no high pitch sound.

Anyone else with a fight stick experience this problem?

Im hoping to hear there is something that can be done to fix this..

Don't feel so bad, even if your stick worked it would still cause all you your online matches to crash ("The game session has been desynchronized") since Netherealms refuses to come out with a patch.

I agree its ridiculous the game crashes and that the online play is currently plagued with issues.

I dont know how this has anything to do with the fight stick or the mic problem I am talking about though since it doesnt impact either.

If you want to reduce your crashes though, I would recommend going to social messaging and turn everything to "off" (ive done alot of reading on this and personal trouble shooting).

As far as the online play, that we have to wait for a patch..seemingly forever since the online issues were acknowledged officially on 4/27 which was over a week ago.

I have experienced this problem with my fight stick. Have you contacted PDP directly for customer service?

1-800-331-3844

PDP is replacing all sticks with the microphone issue free of charge. Only options are that they can schedule FedEx to pick it up, or you can pay to ship it out and they'll refund the shipping costs.

Last edited:
I have experienced this problem with my fight stick. Have you contacted PDP directly for customer service?

1-800-331-3844

PDP is replacing all sticks with the microphone issue free of charge. Only options are that they can schedule FedEx to pick it up, or you can pay to ship it out and they'll refund the shipping costs.

OMG you are my personal hero atm! Thanks a ton! It was a bit of a let down since the reason I went all out and got 2 was due to the quality etc.

Well to be honest. If your using Turtle Beach or surround sound headphones with mic... It does this... It is Trinitrons or w/e they are called. It just happens with those types of headsets... Use a regular cheap 360 one and you should be good.

Well to be honest. If your using Turtle Beach or surround sound headphones with mic... It does this... It is Trinitrons or w/e they are called. It just happens with those types of headsets... Use a regular cheap 360 one and you should be good.

i have an issue with this as well, with the regular 360 headset. after a while i dont even notice it tho

Sounds like a major compatibility problem then. Unacceptable for such a high end priced product.

Glad they are willing to fix this short fall.

I think this gent is right.

I just got my fight sticks (yes, 2 different ones) sent back to me from PDP and the high noise is still persistent when I use my Turtle Beach headset/mic.

I am going to test if this happens with the standard stock Microsoft headset the xbox comes with and will post results here.

You may not want to waste your time sending it back to PDP if it comes back with no difference.

I use a Turtle Beach headset with mine and plug the mic into the stick and it works fine. Seems a lot of people are having this problem though, so maybe I'm just really lucky :(

I'm using Turtle Beach X41's with mine.

I've noticed this, and that it shows I'm constantly talking even if the Mic is muted.

This does happen only if I start the game, then plug the Mic in. If the Mic is plugged in before I power on my xbox, it works just fine.

Maybe that will help.

I have the same problem. I'm using a regular Xbox 360 headset, so the Turtle Beach theory isn't valid.

The workaround of hooking up the headset before you turn on the console did not work for me.

I'm going to be calling them this week to get a new one. Questions for Jeff or anyone else that has done this replacement: how quickly does the new stick get back to you after sending off the broken one? Do you have to use your own packaging if FedEx comes to pick it up?