MK9 Tier List From Zoklet

BOOO THIS LIST IS SHIT! MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER IS NOT LOW TIER. HE'S HIGH BECAUSE HE'S MY FAV!

LOOOL :p I can see why Quan Chi, Sheeva, Cyber Sub-Zero and Kratos are low, makes sense to me.
Ermac is far from top-tier to me. His gameplay is disappoiting and has a lot of disavantages, plus his combos are not that good. Kung Lao and Cyrax are the ones to go at this point. Sub-Zero is good too. Not sure about Jade though.

Last edited:
BOOO THIS LIST IS SHIT! MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER IS NOT LOW TIER. HE'S HIGH BECAUSE HE'S MY FAV!

LOOOL :p I can see why Quan Chi, Sheeva, Cyber Sub-Zero and Kratos are low, makes sense to me.
Ermac is far from top-tier to me. His gameplay is disappoiting and has a lot of disavantages, plus his combos are not that good. Kung Lao and Cyrax are the ones to go at this point. Sub-Zero is good too. Not sure about Jade though.

I don't really care about tier lists, but saying Ermac combos are not good is ********...he has a lot of sick combos that do a lot of damage and are relatively easy to pull off

I am just talking from my experience. Ermac is actually one of my fav, but he's no Kung Lao, Sub-Zero or Cyrax, those guys are INSANE! Raiden and Johnny Cage are good too. Give me time with Ermac please.

whoooo, now your gonna get it. lol were do you get your info from Quan chi is leaps and bounds better than sheeva and kratos to put them in the same category really shows you don't now what ur talking about.

Cyrax, in my opinion is definitely top 5, but I'm not a master at making tier lists. I can actually see everyone in the top tier being top tier, except for Kitana, which should be replaced by Cyrax.

Cyrax, in my opinion is definitely top 5, but I'm not a master at making tier lists. I can actually see everyone in the top tier being top tier, except for Kitana, which should be replaced by Cyrax.

Personally I think Kitana is better then Cyrax, but that's likely because I haven't met any decent Cyrax players yet. Mind filling me in on what makes Cyrax top tier?

^ Right now his resets and inescapable bomb traps make Cyrax S tier.

Sonya is also high tier because of her stance trap but that will get fixed so I'm not sure where she'll stand after they take that away from her.

I dunno about Sub, but Noob isn't worth anything unless you're a spammer and any decent or good player can handle him if that's the strategy. He may be good, but from what I can tell, he's little more than a zoner with crappy combos. This is why he should be put lower on the list.
Well for starters, Noob isn't a spammer, he's a zoner. And damn effective at it. He's all about keeping the opponent away. No top player will ever spam mindlessly shadow clones. Every clone has a purpose and that purpose is often to control space, condition the opponent or provoke a desired reaction.

Noob is a good counter vs heavy zoners and pure rushdown characters. Most zoners are too slow and can't keep up with the shadow clones and rushdown characters have a hard time closing distance against Noob.

Don't know if you watched PowerUp but Noob basically murders Liu Kang and has a considerable "advantage" over Johnny Cage, Reptile and Cyber Sub. All of which are considered S or high tier. This alone makes Noob Saibot tourney viable. Or at least a very very good counter pick.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the bomb trap, but I have heard it mentioned.

I know Tom talked briefly about Kitana in one of his interviews, but I'm curious of people think she's a tourney viable character or not. Any insight? Also didn't know Liu Kang was considered S tier, that's interesting.

Well not S. Liu Kang is more like high tier I think..

Yeah, Kitana seems to be the best female so far. Haven't seen much of her at high levels though so I'm not sure how well she does vs the other high tiers.

Last edited:
Cool. I know Tom said she was really good at zoning, but never went on to say how good she was overall. I seem to be finding success with her online, but again the level of play usually is not the best. Just wondering how good she was in the grand scheme of things and if she was a character with the potential to played competitively in tournaments.

Jim_Vengeance said:
Haven't seen the bomb trap, but I have heard it mentioned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dBc4m3vyNE

Basically: He does the command grab (the only one that cannot be blocked in the game). You are staggered from its massive stun. Cyrax uses this stun time to throw a bomb under your feet then dashes forward and attacks you. At this point you can't move, you can't jump, you can't teleport. You only have 2 choices: You either block or get hit. Either way it is a guaranteed juggle because of the bomb that's about to explode. You can only use breaker on the second hit and the bomb isn't physical so you can't break it.

Combined with his net reset yeah he's pretty dangerous right now. But that's the only thing that makes him really good. Some say that without his bomb trap Cyrax is low tier for sure. Same goes for Quan Chi and his Rune Trap.

Last edited:
Wow Cyrax can be brutal. -_- I am also content to see my mains and their position on this tier list. I too would like a link or place for tournament footage(It can be awe inspiring from time to time).

Well, this one is definitely different! The only tier I agree with completely is the lowest one.

Johnny should be higher up than where they put him!There are others that I don't understand at all but Johnny especially.

I'd have to agree with Alisa on this one... Johnny is pretty good. People were doing great with him at the PowerUp 2011 Tournament.

Well, this one is definitely different! The only tier I agree with completely is the lowest one.

Johnny should be higher up than where they put him!There are others that I don't understand at all but Johnny especially.

I think Cyber Sub-Zero is wrongfully placed in the low-tier. He deserves far more love with the tools he has.

I agree with your thoughts on Cage though, he should definitely get some love.