MK9 Tier List From Zoklet

I don't get why ignorant people that don't know anything about the game keep putting these BS lists out there. I mean what is this list based on? Clearly it wasn't based on high level tournaments we've just seen.

Power Up and other recent tourneys have shown that Cyber Sub, Johnny Cage, Raiden and Ermac were currently top. Along with Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, Reptile and Nightwolf. Any list putting any of those in low-tier is clearly BS.

I get kratos but how is Quan chi so low on this list I have mastered him and his combos flow smooth and raiden as well. I smell b.s. here.

he is no kung lao but he's also way better than liu kang in this game I don't trust it.

Last edited:
This list is pure shit !!!!

What is it based on ?! This must be a tier list for scubs online play or something like that, because this list is one of the worst I've seen.

No credibility at all. Give it at least 6 months to make a proper Tier... At least after EVO this july, we will have a better idea.

Can I get a link to Brady's list? also I'm a new member, but I've been stalking the site for about a year now :)

I agree with tier lists to an extent, but most of the time I think that anybody can beat anybody. Having said that, it's way to early on for this particular one to be accurate so I'm not putting too much stock in it.

Agreed. Tom Bradys list is way better and supported.

i agree with this - i trust someone whos been playing the game for 5 months over the rest of us...

for those of you who dont know Tom Bradys top players from his podcasts

1. SubZero
2. Raiden
3. Johnny Cage
4. Nightwolf/Cyrax

and everyone keeps saying cyber subzero is very low tier... but he is high tier... according to tom brady

Jade is pretty awesome.. have you seen Zephnas video? its pretty insane what she could do
I was using Quan Chi* the other day and i thought he was pretty awesome, but we both have different
play styles i bet =P

On topic though:
i personally think every kharacter has potential in the right hands
tier lists kinda dumb to me

Agreed. Everyone can be good but just some arent as good as others. Tier lists don't mean "Hey this guy is butt don't use them." I see it as more like recommendations

Jade is pretty awesome.. have you seen Zephnas video? its pretty insane what she could do
I was using Quan Chi* the other day and i thought he was pretty awesome, but we both have different
play styles i bet =P

On topic though:
i personally think every kharacter has potential in the right hands
tier lists kinda dumb to me
Ya I like how you replaced her with he LOL~ But anyhow it's nice to see some people saw the vids i made of her. I hope to have a few more combos posted in my Jade Thread and will surely have more blockstrings and details for them such as DC'able and JC'able attacks etc. Glad you like the vids btw and ty for the feedback hehe~

ONTOPIC:: Far as tier lists goes it's still TOO SOON you need months at a very minimum for this kinda thing if you disagree then look at all the JP fighting games such as like BlazBlue etc (SF being an exception btw). It was months before they developed one and even then it still got changed later on. Litchi which is my main was crap tier at first then since she takes a long time to develop she ended up being in the top 3 tiers~ So it takes a while before you can have a solid tier list for the most part so I would take these early tier lists with a grain of salt. Also it doesn't mean nothing if you can't even use the character to their full potential anyways. Also there has been in competitive play where a low tier beat a high tier so don't even try to go there please~ ;D

EDIT:: Read the he/she part wrong hehe~

Also the comment about Jade being a powerhouse I'd have to disagree for now~ If your not getting in J.P 3/B+1 Staff Overhead she wont do the most damage which would be in the 43%-48% range of damage. She's more for mixup game imo. It is nice you can do ex boomerang setups for extra mixup game stuff. Tick throws, high and low mixups is her game. If you don't mind the meter you can use her EX Staff Overhead for a fast overhead as well as can connect off of certain lows in strings so you can combo off of it but not much flexibility so the damage will generally be low~

Last edited:
Every character can be amazing if you master them, but Ermac and Kung Lao need to be in a tier of their own.

Sub-Zero needs to be way lower and Noob needs to be way higher.

Every character can be amazing if you master them, but Ermac and Kung Lao need to be in a tier of their own.

Sub-Zero needs to be way lower and Noob needs to be way higher.
See that's wind to me. You could at least give a reason as to why you think that. Provide some type of arguments to back your points. Cuz otherwise it's pointless to even discuss this.

Wow, Cyber Sub-Zero being at the absolute bottom seems opinionated to me. Probably another CSZ crybaby. He is WAY better then Human Sub-Zero.

I agree. The moment I first played Cyber Sub-Zero, I knew he was high tier or even top tier. He's a faster Sub-Zero, he has a ridiculous amount of special moves, I don't even know when to use all of them, and there's the dive kick Tom Brady mentioned.

I also think that Cyrax and Ermac should be higher. Probably Sub-Zero and Raiden too.

i agree with everything you said. I think Ermac and Lui Kang should be high tier and according to Tom Brady Cyrax, Johnny, Raiden, and Sub Zero should be the top 4 yet there not in top tier.

See that's wind to me. You could at least give a reason as to why you think that. Provide some type of arguments to back your points. Cuz otherwise it's pointless to even discuss this.

I dunno about Sub, but Noob isn't worth anything unless you're a spammer and any decent or good player can handle him if that's the strategy. He may be good, but from what I can tell, he's little more than a zoner with crappy combos. This is why he should be put lower on the list.

Last edited: