Looking for some Mileena Tips

Shirayuki Mizore

Since I suck at all fightings games with almost all characters except Mileena I'd like to try and get good with her just so I'll have that one character to kick butt with. Now the thing is I play mk9 once in a while not everyday so please don't give me like 50000000 hit combos and all that other super complicated stuff. So I was wondering if anyone would have some tips for a good strategy, not an expert one. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Ooooohh this is my thing! Ok, tips... if you manage to either juggle someone and land a sky kick, or land a sky kick while they're jumping, IMMEDIATELY hit them with a sai shot. This makes them fall slower to the ground, meaning Mileena lands faster, so you can then IMMEDIATELY roll, which will pop them up for a combo. I do this all the time - takes practice but it's all about timing.

Mileena's main 3 special moves are all pretty punishable - block the sky kick or the roll and you've got her by the throat. Teleporting ninjas are a huge pain against using her projectile. And we all know the roll is key to setting up most juggles, so when someone is blocking, do her low kick jabby thing. This knocks them out of a block for a few seconds, so follow it with a roll immediately.

Her face gnaw attack works fantastically as an anti-air attack. I favour it over a projectile as it does a wee bit more damage and it's funnier to knock someone out of a jump kick/punch set up by eating their face.

Stabbing someone in the back with her sai will leave it lodged there unless you do a sai shot or any other move involving her sai. (X-Ray, projectile, gut stab, sai lodge). If you do the face gnaw attack she yanks it out and viciously stabs them in the throat (my fave move in the whole game) which deals considerably more damage than the regular face gnaw, and can be enhanced to include the knockdown kick afterwards. She doesn't say "TASTY!" afterwards though, which makes me sad.

Don't use the combo when she lunges forward with a kick, then slices your stomach with her sais. It's a pain to pull off, is slow, and deals little damage. If you don't follow the gut slice up with a special immediately it's pretty punishable when blocked.

And of course - oldest Mileena trick in the book which is what makes her such a cow sometimes - learn to predict when your opponent is going to projectile and TELEPORT KICK THAT SUNNOVABISH.

A lot of people dismiss Mileena as rubbish because after MKII she always has been - but in this game she really is a bit of a beast, it's just that she isn't getting the credit for it because everyone's too busy using Scorpion, Ermac or Noob.

And have you seen her babality on the Flesh Pits costume?! SHE'S SO CUTE.

That any help?

the split kick , up + circle (PS3) or Y (Xbox) is deadly .... you can start lots of combos , or just chain together another split, roll and X-Ray, pretty quick and easily ..... or you can use her bit jump special together with a simple split. Personally , it's one of her best moves , I think.

1. Use your Sai Blast to bait people into projectile battles. When they throw a high/mid projectile, ball roll under it. If they throw a low projectile, teleport over it.
2. Combos I use:
-Ball Roll, Up+4, Boot Down, Friendly Kiss
-Up+4, Up+4, Boot Down, 3, Ball Roll, Friendly Kiss
-Boot Down, 3, Ball Roll, Up+4, Friendly Kiss
(In these combos, you can chain them into an Xray, if timed right, but it's easier to replace Friendly Kiss, with just 3, then Xray.)
3. While the guide says to use Leaping Neckbite to end combos, but I prefer to use Friendly Kiss.

Last edited:
1. Use your Sai Blast to bait people into projectile battles. When they throw a high/mid projectile, ball roll under it. If they throw a low projectile, teleport over it.
2. Combos I use: Ball Roll, Up+4, Boot Down, Killer Heels
Up+4, Up+4, Boot Down, 3, Ball Roll, Killer Heels
(In both combos, you can chain them into an Xray, if timed right, but it's easier to replace Killer Heels, with just 3, then Xray.)

Reptile, this combo is a middle-screen combo or a wall combo ?

Mileena is REALLY good at mind games, her opponents have an extremely hard time guessing whether to block low or high because her roll and teleport kick are both VERY fast, I hate playing against good mileena players :p

Mileena is good for "rattlesnake attacking" tactic : you evade a little, you run away, you defend , and you fake being turtle during the match, for , suddenly , attack with her combos with total force, because that girl is quick as hell .... Mileena is not much of a "all the time" pressure character, but better used for isolate counter-attack less predictable, and coming back to "play with the food" ...... XD

Mileena is REALLY good at mind games, her opponents have an extremely hard time guessing whether to block low or high because her roll and teleport kick are both VERY fast, I hate playing against good mileena players :p

a standing block defends both the teleport kick and roll

although i think for the roll your opponent should have to press down and block to counter

Ooooohh this is my thing! Ok, tips... if you manage to either juggle someone and land a sky kick, or land a sky kick while they're jumping, IMMEDIATELY hit them with a sai shot. This makes them fall slower to the ground, meaning Mileena lands faster, so you can then IMMEDIATELY roll, which will pop them up for a combo. I do this all the time - takes practice but it's all about timing.

Mileena's main 3 special moves are all pretty punishable - block the sky kick or the roll and you've got her by the throat. Teleporting ninjas are a huge pain against using her projectile. And we all know the roll is key to setting up most juggles, so when someone is blocking, do her low kick jabby thing. This knocks them out of a block for a few seconds, so follow it with a roll immediately.

Her face gnaw attack works fantastically as an anti-air attack. I favour it over a projectile as it does a wee bit more damage and it's funnier to knock someone out of a jump kick/punch set up by eating their face.

Stabbing someone in the back with her sai will leave it lodged there unless you do a sai shot or any other move involving her sai. (X-Ray, projectile, gut stab, sai lodge). If you do the face gnaw attack she yanks it out and viciously stabs them in the throat (my fave move in the whole game) which deals considerably more damage than the regular face gnaw, and can be enhanced to include the knockdown kick afterwards. She doesn't say "TASTY!" afterwards though, which makes me sad.

Don't use the combo when she lunges forward with a kick, then slices your stomach with her sais. It's a pain to pull off, is slow, and deals little damage. If you don't follow the gut slice up with a special immediately it's pretty punishable when blocked.

And of course - oldest Mileena trick in the book which is what makes her such a cow sometimes - learn to predict when your opponent is going to projectile and TELEPORT KICK THAT SUNNOVABISH.

A lot of people dismiss Mileena as rubbish because after MKII she always has been - but in this game she really is a bit of a beast, it's just that she isn't getting the credit for it because everyone's too busy using Scorpion, Ermac or Noob.

And have you seen her babality on the Flesh Pits costume?! SHE'S SO CUTE.

That any help?

Those were some awesome tips man! Thanks! And I agree that flesh pit babality with the hiss was too cute <3

the split kick , up + circle (PS3) or Y (Xbox) is deadly .... you can start lots of combos , or just chain together another split, roll and X-Ray, pretty quick and easily ..... or you can use her bit jump special together with a simple split. Personally , it's one of her best moves , I think.

I love that split kick. I never realized it was so useful until a couple of days ago!

Mileena is good for "rattlesnake attacking" tactic : you evade a little, you run away, you defend , and you fake being turtle during the match, for , suddenly , attack with her combos with total force, because that girl is quick as hell .... Mileena is not much of a "all the time" pressure character, but better used for isolate counter-attack less predictable, and coming back to "play with the food" ...... XD

I agree lol when I play against my friends they all get extremely nervous when I use Mileena cause she can be so unpredictable!