Ideal tag team partner for Ermac?

Zero Tolerance

I'm struggling to find a perfect partner for Ermac, especially with online play. I'm having some limited success with Raiden but I'd like to pair him up with someone else. Any ideas?

My favorite combo is Reptile/Ermac but I recently picked up Shang and Kung Lao and I'm really liking both of them also... I'm maining Ermac so anyone goes well with him IMO. I personally like 1v1 better though so I'm still learning the ins and outs of tag play. It feels wonky to me, not from bad coding but from my lack of understanding of the system and available strings.

Well simple as it sounds I'd go with someone that compliments his style so either scorpion or kabal although I will say kabals quick tag in move sets upsome crazy team combos

I just started using Nightwolf/Ermac last night. And let me tell you, they are a disgusting team! In a good way, of course. Plenty of pop-up/juggle set-ups from both characters that work like a charm. Try it out. That is if you like Nightwolf. He's such a beast in this game.

Ermac's nice and simple combo wise, and has good zoning abilities, probably why.

I fight more Scorpion, Subs, Robots and Raidens though.

Try anybody who has good pop-up attacks always works for me when I use Ermac, or you can use Noob or Quan Chi they are good with Ermac because there moves are very unpredictable

I am waiting for Kenshi. Ermac and Kenshi has been my planned team since Kenshi was confirmed DLC. But in the wait I just mix in my other favorite fighters.

i saw some awesome ermac/noob combo's in some of the video's that NRS released ages ago,

That's because Ermac and Scorpion are the most noob-friendly and overused characters in MK9.

i totally agree. whatever happened to using the character you "LIKED" and still being able to hold your own in competitive play. My favorite character/s in this series are sub zero and raiden. i cant commit time to these characters because they are too slow and they dont have enough tools in the belt to compete with these other midcarders from the past that have risen to the top in the new game.

i totally agree. whatever happened to using the character you "LIKED" and still being able to hold your own in competitive play. My favorite character/s in this series are sub zero and raiden. i cant commit time to these characters because they are too slow and they dont have enough tools in the belt to compete with these other midcarders from the past that have risen to the top in the new game.

This is how I feel. If you're not going to pick who you prefer, what's the point? Where's the challenge in picking the easiest to use?

Actually Sub-Zero was ranked as S-tier by Tom Brady recently and I know a couple people who dominate with Sub-Zero, slow or not.

This is how I feel. If you're not going to pick who you prefer, what's the point? Where's the challenge in picking the easiest to use?

How do you know that Scorpion or Ermac ARENT the ones they prefer? I was playing alot of Ermac (got my first flawless victory online with him), and have since switched to Scorpion because 1) I've loved Scorpion since the first game, 2) Scorpion plays exactly the same way as he did in MK vs DCU, 3) I can't bring myself up to play as a character without a Jump Grab, 4) I can't bring myself up to play as a Non-Ninja, 5) Scorpion is a good all-around character, and 6) I've loved Scorpion since the first game.

But I suppose picking my favorite character in the first game makes me a scrub, huh? I also suppose that everyone who plays as him just wants to play as the noobiest character (other than Noob).

Also, Scorpion is like the Soldier in TF2; really easy to pick up, but very hard to play right.

I agree with you guys but honestly I don't think it's only about who's easiest to use. I would bet a lot of money that most people new to this game who are playing online with Scorpion/Ermac/Noob/Smoke probably haven't even tried playing as the whole cast at least once.

Those guys ARE easier to use at a novice level, but I think "whoever looks the coolest" is just as big a factor for new players. Part of the reason they kept creating ninja characters (besides how simple it was) was because people liked playing as ninja, plain and simple. Hey, I've been playing as Reptile since MK II.

Sheeva all the way, Total powerhouse character
or Baraka nobody expects anything from him because he doesn't have long combo potential so keeps people on their toes. That's my tag team BTW.