Ideal tag team partner for Ermac?

Sheeva all the way, Total powerhouse character
or Baraka nobody expects anything from him because he doesn't have long combo potential so keeps people on their toes. That's my tag team BTW.

Well I can honestly say that's the first time I've heard/seen that combo being used. Has it worked well for you?

What about Cyrax as a partner to Ermac? Force your opponent to jump with mid and far bombs and switch to Ermac to punish with his ranged attacks.

id say ermac reptile/noob/scorpion would all be good choices and im sure sub zero has some of the best qualities for tag team so im sure he goes well with everything considering the potential of freezing mid combos WITH tag team thats just lol @_@

How do you know that Scorpion or Ermac ARENT the ones they prefer? I was playing alot of Ermac (got my first flawless victory online with him), and have since switched to Scorpion because 1) I've loved Scorpion since the first game, 2) Scorpion plays exactly the same way as he did in MK vs DCU, 3) I can't bring myself up to play as a character without a Jump Grab, 4) I can't bring myself up to play as a Non-Ninja, 5) Scorpion is a good all-around character, and 6) I've loved Scorpion since the first game.

But I suppose picking my favorite character in the first game makes me a scrub, huh? I also suppose that everyone who plays as him just wants to play as the noobiest character (other than Noob).

Also, Scorpion is like the Soldier in TF2; really easy to pick up, but very hard to play right.

I don't assume on who anyone likes. If they prefer Ermac and Scorpion, then good to go. Ermac has been my go-to since UMK3. Nightwolf as well. Regardless of their viability.

Also, Scorpion was the first character I ever picked. Way back 20 years ago. And was my favorite in most of the games.

Ok, I don't get all the hatred for people that use so called "noob characters" such as Scorpion (allegedly). I don't believe in the existance of easy to use noob characters for MK9. Every character in MK9 has deep competitive game. Everyones special moves are easy to do & everyone has effective moves. Sure there's a lot of people that use Scorpion, because his character kicks ass. Let em enjoy it. The more popular a character, the better I say. I wanna see MK achieve as much success as possible. I've been waitin over 15 years for a good MK game, & I finally got one. Could be the best yet! I think there's a lot of people that's new to Mortal Kombat that are choosing Scorp because they like the character, not because he's easy to use or "overpowered". There's also oldschool fans that are good players choosin Scorp cuz they've been a fan of his since MK1. Scorpion isn't that cheap, his moves are pretty easy to defend against & counter. I say let the noobs choose who they want, were not helpin matters by criticizing they're character choice & makin em feel dumb. Whatever happened to integrity & showmanship? I dominate every one I know around here, & I don't talk shit to em afterward. I like to keep em playin & try to keep em enjoyin MK 20 beatdowns later. If someone talked crap to me nonstop when I was first playin MK1 in the arcades, I prolly woulda got frustrated & said screw this game, & I'd be on a damn Street Fighter forum right now instead. In my opinion every character in the game has pro potential (ok, maybe not sheeva, ha jk).I'm glad they made every character kick ass in this game. I'm still in a dilemma about who I should main, too many good choices to choose from.

I agree with you guys but honestly I don't think it's only about who's easiest to use. I would bet a lot of money that most people new to this game who are playing online with Scorpion/Ermac/Noob/Smoke probably haven't even tried playing as the whole cast at least once.

Those guys ARE easier to use at a novice level, but I think "whoever looks the coolest" is just as big a factor for new players. Part of the reason they kept creating ninja characters (besides how simple it was) was because people liked playing as ninja, plain and simple. Hey, I've been playing as Reptile since MK II.

I agree, but before using Ermac as a single player character, I'd tried with Sub-Zero (favourite character), Nightwolf (who I love) and Kung Lao (decent all-round fighter). I've settled on Kung Lao as I think Sub and Nightwolf complement each other well. Did attempt with Noob Saibot but couldn't quite use him as good as the others. Thanks guys.

Ok, I don't get all the hatred for people that use so called "noob characters" such as Scorpion (allegedly). I don't believe in the existance of easy to use noob characters for MK9. Every character in MK9 has deep competitive game. Everyones special moves are easy to do & everyone has effective moves. Sure there's a lot of people that use Scorpion, because his character kicks ass. Let em enjoy it. The more popular a character, the better I say. I wanna see MK achieve as much success as possible. I've been waitin over 15 years for a good MK game, & I finally got one. Could be the best yet! I think there's a lot of people that's new to Mortal Kombat that are choosing Scorp because they like the character, not because he's easy to use or "overpowered". There's also oldschool fans that are good players choosin Scorp cuz they've been a fan of his since MK1. Scorpion isn't that cheap, his moves are pretty easy to defend against & counter. I say let the noobs choose who they want, were not helpin matters by criticizing they're character choice & makin em feel dumb. Whatever happened to integrity & showmanship? I dominate every one I know around here, & I don't talk shit to em afterward. I like to keep em playin & try to keep em enjoyin MK 20 beatdowns later. If someone talked crap to me nonstop when I was first playin MK1 in the arcades, I prolly woulda got frustrated & said screw this game, & I'd be on a damn Street Fighter forum right now instead. In my opinion every character in the game has pro potential (ok, maybe not sheeva, ha jk).I'm glad they made every character kick ass in this game. I'm still in a dilemma about who I should main, too many good choices to choose from.

Amen!!! I was just about to post this. I play ermac/smoke tag team. Call me a noob. I don't care. I'm never going to be in a tournament. I play those characters because I like them.

I recommend Scorpion, because his kombos are very simple, and if you have two characters with complex kombos like ermac you might get flustered. and they can both come in behind the opponent. and both of them have go tag kombos, of thats just my opinion but they work for me.

Considering scorpion and ermacs combos are done practically the same way its an easy choice really and will cause the least amount of confusion when switching partners same can be said of noob and subzero as well