Why cant people wait?

It's their money and what they do with it doesn't effect us, so really is there a need to complain? And preaching about HOW they should spend it is laughable. Get off your high horse.

Nobody is buying the alternate costumes to showoff, they are buying them because its reminds them of the old school MK games that bring back there old childhood memories. Those costumes are more then just digital content, they give us old school players a magical feeling for MK that was lost years ago up until this new one restored OUR faith in the series.

I'd rather just get Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for under ten bucks to play MK1, 2, and 3. I'm not calling you retarted, it's your money and you can do what you want with it I respect that. That would be harsh if I called you retarted. I just think it's silly that some are spending as much for one costume as the game they paid for to use it in. 20 dollars ok thats understandable. 50+ for one costume? Ummm......yeah thats just silly

People should wait,because there spending all that hard earned cash on nothing.All it does is change the way that you look,nothing special(except for the fatality's)and that the thing is,that they will most likely be FREE,because ed boon said that he will not make us pay for anything that is already on the disk,witch the costumes are all on the disk.So wait people lol

Makes no sense to spend $20 - $70 on costumes on ebay when they'll eventually be released on PSN & XBLA.

It's a simple matter of these people living in a fantasy land where they seem to have the money to blow on fake, digitial content. Frankly, I don't care at all about the fact that I can't live in that fantasy world...I'm working hard to provide for my family and that's it.

I've always been amazed by people who pay exorbitant amounts of money for minor digital content. When you buy a game, you're buying the physical product and the actual game. When you buy DLC, you're paying for a tiny sliver of data. Paying $50, $100, $150 or $200 on something like a COSTUME is the textbook definition of pathetic. It's the typical modern day spoiled child/adult. They don't want to wait, they don't understand the concept of patience, so they waste money because they think they can.

I would imagine these people have no family to provide for, or they live in mommy and daddy's basement, or they are kids using mommy and daddy's money because they're spoiled little brats. Whatever the reason, I don't care. No excuse or explanation you can give me would ever justify spending $200 on a costume for a character in a video game. It's just as pathetic as those people who spend $10,000 for Warcraft accounts or $2000 for in-game gold.

Sadly, these same people would probably NEVER donate the obviously meaningless, endless money they have to charity or disaster relief because it doesn't benefit them in anyway and is a "waste of money".

It's okay though. When the costumes become nice, cheap DLC in a few weeks, I'll be laughing at everyone who spent over $5 for these costumes because they were too impatient and "wanted it NOW".

Its actually a simple decision that each must individually make according to their means, desire and patience.

No one should ever judge what someone else does with their money. Only they know their own financial situation and they made their own decision based on that. Quick example: other countries or people in far less "rich" areas would say we are ALL spoiled rotten and WASTE our money on the game, the system, the TV its displayed on and the PC we are composing these posts on...

Are we spoiled and wasteful? It depends on your point of view or your fields of experience.

So, its literally ignorant to preach about someone elses decision to purchase something. We can say it sounds crazy "to me", but it doesnt really make them crazy now does it?

I usually purchase whatever the hell I want when it comes to video games. Why? Im 38 and worked my bum off. If I chose not to have kids and my fiancee and I dont believe in letting ourselves get into high debt and I can afford to SPOIL myself (my words, for me), I sure as hell WILL.

I personally this time decided to wait for the skins beyond the Scorpion I got from Gamestop...although I then purchased 2 fight sticks to make my PC desk into a stand up MK machine as well with pull out drawer (not yet). So now I have the Ermac skin too.

Next time, I may not wait. It depends on where I am with my means, desire and patience next time around.

Dont judge someone from your chair since you have a very limited view from there (your bum is only in that seat..).