Completing Challenge #300 with Flawless victory on every round.

I'm still trying to beat this without the life regeneration. I was going to give in, but then I'd have the costume I probably won't use and not much else to do on the game. One cool thing is that challenge 300 counts towards the mastery of the character you're using, so I'll probably have Smoke mastered before I beat End Game, unfortunately...

Also to people saying they flawlessed Kintaro. Curious as to your strategy. I use cross jump/uppercut on him and that gets me through him with no damage on good runs, except for his ground fireball. I find that when he does that attack he absorbs uppercuts and immediately turns around for the rest of his ground fireballs while you're still defenseless in the uppercut animation.

Just wondering how you predict and/or deal with that particular attack?

I do the opposite. I stay as far away from him as I can. Any time he throws a fireball, I use a teleport punch. Any time he poses, I use the smoke cloud followed by an air throw. He when he does his teleport, I just jump out of his way and do a small combo on him. Flawless or close to every time.

I asked this before but never saw a response. Has anyone beat End Game without the life regeneration? I took a few days away from MK but I've been playing for about an hour now and I still can't beat it. And I still haven't seen a video of someone doing it either. Everything on youtube says, "OMG... it's so easy, lol" but yet every video has the life regeneration.

At the end of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYDRPjyFMRU, Jay Biondo says that he can't wait for a player to beat it with "one try, one character, one lifebar" and he can't "wait to see it on youtube". I know I'm probably in the minority, but I think there may still be a chance at something other than a Mileena costume.

It seems like any time I do the double flawless on Goro and Kintaro, Mileena is just so much harder. Then IF I get to Shao Kahn, the more life I have, the closer he likes to stay right on top of me. But okay, back to work I go.

I hope someone will do this soon...
And i already said that in another topic, anyone tryed to go from 1 to 300 again after they finished? Is it harder?
I started story mode again and i think it is harder then first time..

Last edited:
i dont think there is a bonus for someone who actually manages to complete this flawless...
i also sure 100% this is impossible... as said by other's mileena's moves are very hard to avoid and very unpredictable, like her teleport kick and her ball attack.... very hard to avoid. also kintaro's leap and goro's leap are also very hard to predict and avoid... and shao kahn... he's a real *****... you can do NOTHING againt his hammer throw... you cant crouch or defend it because it always hits you and when it does it stuns you for like 6 seconds... the only thing you can try to do is to jump over it but that's difficult... and his raising emperor move is also annoying...
with all that obstecles i dont think anyone would manage to complete this challenge without getting hitted once.

i dont think there is a bonus for someone who actually manages to complete this flawless...
i also sure 100% this is impossible... as said by other's mileena's moves are very hard to avoid and very unpredictable, like her teleport kick and her ball attack.... very hard to avoid. also kintaro's leap and goro's leap are also very hard to predict and avoid... and shao kahn... he's a real *****... you can do NOTHING againt his hammer throw... you cant crouch or defend it because it always hits you and when it does it stuns you for like 6 seconds... the only thing you can try to do is to jump over it but that's difficult... and his raising emperor move is also annoying...
with all that obstecles i dont think anyone would manage to complete this challenge without getting hitted once.

It can easily be done.

After I beat 300, I went back just for kicks.
I beat Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn flawlessly.
Mileena only hit me about 3 times.

Remember how you could flawlessly cheap out goro in mk1 just by jump punching really fast and throw in a shadow kick every now and then. I think the only way to get 4 flawless is to find a way to cheap out the comp by keeping then in the corner or something.

I'm 100 tries away from giving up. I can't beat the damn thing. Mileena always destroys me in matter of seconds.

In one of my many tries with Sektor for instance, I managed to beat Goro and Kintaro flawlessly but then Mileena jumped in and in 30-35 seconds, I was dead. ***** won't stay still.

By the way, I never get my energy bar refilled after I take out Goro and Kintaro. Do I have to do anything or is it meant to be automatic? I've seen multiple videos on Youtube and there it is, life regen, but no regen for me.

I'm 100 tries away from giving up. I can't beat the damn thing. Mileena always destroys me in matter of seconds.

In one of my many tries with Sektor for instance, I managed to beat Goro and Kintaro flawlessly but then Mileena jumped in and in 30-35 seconds, I was dead. ***** won't stay still.

By the way, I never get my energy bar refilled after I take out Goro and Kintaro. Do I have to do anything or is it meant to be automatic? I've seen multiple videos on Youtube and there it is, life regen, but no regen for me.

You have to keep losing and selecting retry from the Failure menu.

If you select retry from the pause menu, no regen.

Also, I've read a couple of people say "Challenge Tower" and "Expert" together. I don't recall that there is a set difficulty for the Challenge Tower. I know in options you can set the difficulty for Story Mode, but I don't recall seeing one you can set for Challenge Tower. Its been a while since I went through it.....is that something you choose at challenge 1 (similar to how you choose your difficulty for Arcade Ladder after selecting a character)??

Wait, I could've changed the difficulty during the story for that fight with Shao Kahn and not wasted 2 hours trying to beat him with one of my worst characters?

You have to keep losing and selecting retry from the Failure menu.

If you select retry from the pause menu, no regen.

WOW, I've never known that. So will your health regen during the match or only after you defeat someone???

Wait, I could've changed the difficulty during the story for that fight with Shao Kahn and not wasted 2 hours trying to beat him with one of my worst characters?

Yeah, I didn't know this until I stumbled on it by accident. Its in one of the Options at the game start menu. Weird spot to put it since when you select the Arcade tower you select your difficulty after choosing the character. For Story mode you can set the difficulty under the Options menu under the main start menu before you start Story Mode. There will be a Story Mode difficulty you can set.

I will not be attempting to flawless this at any point in my life. It'll be hard enough just to beat the challenge. If anyone else wants to attempt it, have fun. I'll be cheering for you.

WOW, I've never known that. So will your health regen during the match or only after you defeat someone???

After you defeat them, you'll get the regen (just like those other challenges (I can't remember which ones though)). And the more you fail, the more life you'll get going into the next fight (at first it's small, but grows as you fail again and again).