Reptile's role in the future

KiShiDo

Well Reptile is gameplay wise and even appearance wise a big shot in this game and in challenge tower he is getting some love... His arcade ending is awesome as well... BUT in story mode he has just the role of getting asskicked even by STRYKER and he gets no love...

I read somewhere that Reptile will become a bigger role in the future... So what do you think about this... This time he will get the knowledge that Kahn wiped out his race and that indeed HE IS the legendary Dragon King (And not some stupid vessel for it this time around) , but somehow he has an amnesia.

I never got how the Dragon king could use Reptile as vessel and always thought that he was a Saurian on his own.

I just hope they won't change him into some stupid dragon/lizard appearance and he will keep his humanoid appearance from this game... On top of that they should include the mysteriouls woman from his Armageddon ending, maybe Khameleon but not as unique character, to revive his race with her.

BTW
Was it ever stated that Chameleon was a Saurian as well..: In Armageddon he looked like Khameleon

If they do enhance Reptile's role in the future story it would probably result in the Saurians' backstory being explored further. Both of those sound like winning propositions to me. Reptile's kinda been the universal punching bag for awhile and the Saurians never really got their dues in the first place. I'm all for it.

I never knew that Reptile was the Dragon King, Do you mean Onaga from Deception and Unchained? o_O If so thats crazy.

He wasn't the Dragon King... But the soul of the Dragon King went into Reptile and used him as vessel for his revival.

But it still is strange... the DRAGON KING using an Saurian for it... and the last one. Why not a human all the time but a saurian.

So I think the Dragon king was a saurian on his own... And this timeline maybe Reptile will realize that he was the Dragon King of his race

Great post KiShiDo, i also too hope for Reptile to get more love, i personally hope that they release it Via DLC for the current game, a little side story to explain everything about him tuss far in the story line.
and ofcourse include that great cyber reptile costume that i have been dying to get my hands on :(

Well ... it can be hard to have hairs for a Dragon King, scales are much better.

Onaga as Saurian is questionable, there is a theory that Saurians did not originate from Zattera but that they escaped there from Earthrealm, after it was ravaged in war against Shinnok.

Edit according to The Mortal Kombat Wiki

The Saurians were originally native to Earthrealm where their civilization thrived countless years ago. However, their age came to an end when a war raged amongst the Elder Gods. At the time, it was the God of Darkness Shinnok who had turned against his brethren in order to become the master of the realms and sought to possess Earthrealm. He was opposed by the Thunder God Raiden and the conflict between the two was so devastating that it ravaged Earthrealm. The Saurians managed to flee the devastation and left to another realm known as Zaterra where they attempted to rebuild their civilization and for a time it began to thrive once more.

Eventually, the Emperor of Outworld known as Shao Kahn invaded the realm of Zaterra where he swiftly conquered it. As many other realms before it, the lands of the Zaterrans began to merge into Shao Kahn's own kingdom with the Raptors driven to extinction except for a few members of their kind. Among the survivors were Reptile and Khameleon; the first of the two decided to serve Shao Kahn whilst the latter intended to get revenge for the destruction of her kind.

In Deadly Alliance, Nitara presented Reptile with a Kirehashi blade, an artifact of Zaterran realm as a gift of her apparent kindness.

Reptile's Armageddon ending shows another female Saurian, possibly the race's long-dead matriarch, which Ed Boon has confirmed will play a big role in restoring the Saurian race in future games.

Chameleon and Khameleon are both equal in appareance, both transparent and both do the same, imitate so i think they are both saurian and i think (this ill say was never said or confirmed just my thoughs) that chameleon and khameleon comes from a different lineage of saurians, different from reptile's lineage, like the shokan that they have 2 lineages, the dragon lineage (goro, sheeva) and the tiger lineage (kintaro), i think there is a raptor lineage (reptile) and a chameleon lineage (chameleon, khameleon), and that could explain why reptile is sometimes aclamaid to be a saurian and sometimes to be a raptor, even in the MK9 they call him as the last saurian most of the time and in his ending he is called as the last raptor and why they are so different in habilities and appareance (skin color, hands, even face)

I love Reptile. As long as he's in the next game, that's what matters most to me. However it would be good if he branched out to being less of a minion.

I like to think Reptile put up a good fight vs Stryker. He dodged bullets, melted bullets, knocked Kabal out in one hit and stole Strykers gun in a matter of seconds. He's awesome. :)

Explaining more detail on Rep would be great, im looking forward to MK10 just like many of you; but we still have to recieve DLC in the future before we get that MK10 trailer. Im a die-hard Rep fan myself, while some find it hard to fight with him on this game; i find it very simple. NO Cyber-Rep is needed not at all thats just like trying to make Scorpion one; at first we had all ninja color palletes and now a select few want all Cyber palletes, not necessary judging by the dislikes of Cyber-Sub.

This Kyber-Mania is sick! :)
I love Cyrax and Sektor, I loved Cyber Smoke in MK3 and even the later Nano Smoke.
I love Human Smoke (well I love Human Cyrax and Sektor much less)

But I do NOT love cybernetizing outside Lin Kuei clan. I hope some "different technology" BS won't come.

Sorry for offtopic (or is it?)

Hope to see him as a fast humanoid ninja and not with this moveset or to remove the ninja mask again.

Well he is now a reptile humanoid with ninja mask and ninja hood and with a moveset composed with the best special moves that he had through all the MK games, and with very fast and acrobatic combos, I think this reptile is the best in looking and moveset of all MKs.

Last edited:
Well he is now a reptile humanoid with ninja mask and ninja hood and with a moveset composed with the best special moves that he had through all the MK games, and with very fast and acrobatic combos, I think this reptile is the best in looking and moveset of all MKs.

this. he looks great but wish they would have done something better with the alternative costume instead of throwing some snake shouldler pads, snake tongue on his man flap, and different mouth covering. Other than that his special moves and acrobatic response is great; he can either ATTACK ATTACK or bring the fight to him ie.(when facing sub-zero and his ice sculptures :lol:)

I love his moves. His Primary Costume is cool, but his Alternate was kind of a waste. It's solid, but it's a bit redundant. Either give him his human guise (my preference for his Alt and very fitting for the story) or at least give his Alternate Costume a more distinctive look. All-in-all though, I do enjoy the Reptile we're seeing now.

I know what you mean and i agree, he is the best reptile of the 3d mk games but the moveset fit more to the old 3d character imo and i am not saying for the special moves. I would prefer him like this
with a fast moveset & a martial art style like that
of course this is only my opinion.