Things that would have been *more icing on the cake

dewey79

Kudos to NRS for a great game!

This is not really a complaining thread, but just a thread for players to mention anything little touches you wish had been in the game.

Mine is funny I think.

I wish the trees would have went "?mmmmm" after eating you as well as Reptile on his classic fatality after eating your head, than rub his belly.

I also wish scorpion's toasty would have had some type of dynamic explosion like MK 2.

Last edited:
Great game indeed. I can make any changes, they would be:

- The 'danger' sound and laugh when close to death
- 'Toasty' Guy comes out way too seldom, only seen him twice in my 50+ hours of play
- Spike ceiling fatality

Motaro. Kombat Tomb with spike ceiling. Kintaro should be in the Coliseum, not Goro's Lair. I wonder if they can patch that? :) Also I'd love bigger ladders, than just 10 every time. How cool would it be to have an MK 1-2-3 ladder? You only fight MK 1 characters and arenas in 1, 2 characters in 2 and so on.

I really only have a few complaints....

- Either remove X-Ray moves entirely, or make like 4 or 5 for each character. Seeing Scorpion punch and then curb-stomp someone over and over goes from "Oh wow, cool!" to "...Uhg" in a very short amount of time.
- Take out Sheeva. She's ugly, and she's terrible.
- Ranked matchmaking needs to be better.

Besides that, this game is basically perfect.

I don't mean to sound like I'm *****ing, but I was so mad when that Dan Forden didn't come up after the toasty fatality. I mean, the sound was in the GameStop commercial and everything.

- Either remove X-Ray moves entirely, or make like 4 or 5 for each character. Seeing Scorpion punch and then curb-stomp someone over and over goes from "Oh wow, cool!" to "...Uhg" in a very short amount of time.
- Take out Sheeva. She's ugly, and she's terrible.

Speak for yourself, the X-rays are awesome, even if repetative, and Sheeva has four arms, just THINK of the possibilities!

How cool would it be to have an MK 1-2-3 ladder? You only fight MK 1 characters and arenas in 1, 2 characters in 2 and so on.

Love the idea for game-specific ladders. MW 7519, I agree with you somewhat about the X-ray moves. I don't think they need to be removed or varied (no variation since gameplay depends on comboing into them, so they'd need to be able to connect in the same way AND give the same amount of damage every time). I would just ask for X-ray's to be shortened. They're obviously all awesome the first few times you see them, but yes, it can get a bit exhausting. This is also how I feel about the longer SF ultras.

Other stuff that would have been more icing on the cake:

- Stage fatalities for every stage
- A couple of brand new playable characters that were also integrated into the story a bit

Hopefully coming eventually:

- Playable bosses
- Klassic costumes/fatalities for every character

Not this time but maybe next:

One bigger thing that I would have liked, and this sort of changes what MK has always been like, would be to be able to start combos from a crouching position. Too often have I ducked under an uppercut and awkwardly had to come back to the neutral position to punish. This seems like a natural gameplay progression and would add a new dimension to the fighting system.

- More stage fatalities
- Friendships
- Kitana's and Sonya's Kiss of death fatalities
- Klassic costumes and fatalities unlockable without preorder code or DLC unlock key

I'd like Motaro in the game as a four-legged boss.
And I'd like that goddamned screamer to pop up even once, still haven't seen that jerk and I've already unlocked everything in the Krypt. :(
Oh yea, and Friendships would be nice too.

Last edited:
Icing on the cake for me, I guess for nostalgia reasons is.. the announcer saying "Excellent" or "Superb" when you uppercut someone. Or the actual Pit 2 fatality when you would fall on cement instead of spikes.