Help on challenges # 300, 275, 269, 251

Andrew G

I've tried them COUNTLESS number of times but no luck
If you know any strategies that might work, please post them down below
I'd appreciate any kind of help for these challenges

300 - End Game:
Have to beat Goro, Kintaro, Mileena, and Shao Kahn in an endurance match with fighter of your choice.
SUCCESS

275 - Army Of What?
You play as Ermac and have to beat three Goros in an endurance match.
SUCCESS

269 - This Is Insane!
Have to beat three Shao Kahns in an endurance match as Stryker. (I can't shoot well)
SUCCESS

251 - Bring It On!
Playing as Shang Tsung, beat Baraka, Sindel, and Shao Kahn.
SUCCESS

Last edited:
For 251, if you aren't that great with Shang Tsung's combos, stay away from Baraka and spam him. He will shoot you too, but your projectile should hit first.

Stay on Sindel, do not allow any distance between you two or else she'll spam you.

Keep Crossing over Kahn and use Shang Tsung's Y,Y, back B move, thats the one where he punches you twice then kicks out your leg.
When he is on the ground, jump over him. Try to time it so he attacks while you are already above him.

And I'll need details on the rest, I don't remember the other challenges by number.

275 - spam the gun as fast as you can or "gun stun" him. If you're fast enough you can blast Kahn back to full screen. Every time you land both shots it stuns him briefly and causes him to stumble back. If its fast enough, he can even start the spear animation and get hit by the second bullet before being able to get the spear out. Occasionally he will though and if he successfully gets a spear out at you don't fret too much about it, but at full screen you should hopefully have enough time to react and block. The one attack you won't stun him on is his hammer throw. The good thing is, if he throws the hammer at you you should have enough distance to be able to jump it. This is the only strategy I've found to work and it isn't full proof as I lost several times trying this. Eventually you should get fortunate enough to where you can keep Kahn at bay. You've got to be fast about it though. As soon as Stryker fire's his second shot you should be starting the back push of the back - toward command so you hit the button by about maybe a half a second after he's put the gun up. It has to be immediate, one after another after another with no break to work. Combo savy people probably have a better strategy, but this is the easiest one I think.

269 - Ermac's force push attack is what I spammed to get past them. Again it took a few times but once I got the timing down I was able to keep him in the pattern for it. You don't want to spam this one quite as fast as the one above because this one knocks Goro down whereas the gun attack with striker doesn't knock Kahn down. If you're too fast with it when Goro is getting up he'll block it. This I don't think is a huge deal as Goro isn't the quickest counter attacker in the game, but it could mess up your pattern. So I would start the attack input as he's getting up and be pressing the button about a half a second after he's been on his feet already. This slight pause usually triggers him to begin his jump attack or ground pound, which your attack should beat him to before he's had a chance to complete it.

Also if I recall correctly there's no trigger to let you know when the next fight in the series is about to begin for either of these fights (in other words, there's no "FIGHT" logo and saying to prompt you to start). I may be wrong about that part, but I think there's about a 1 second pause and then the fight begins. you'll want to gauge where each of the fighters lands before deciding what your first action is. If they are within jumping distance, I highly recommend first cross jumping them as Kahn is going to start off with his shoulder dash or uppercut the vast majority of the time if he's about sweep distance away. Closer you may be lucky and its a punch or kick. Goro at sweep will almost certainly do his 4 armed windmill attack. Any extra damage taken in these fights by not avoiding the first hit both is costly and can mess up your pattern. I think your best bet is at the start of the new fight be pressing in the direction to cross jump your opponent first before starting the pattern again. With Kahn be leary if you wind up about half or so screen distance away from him as this will turn into "No Man's land" temporarily if his next attack is the hammer. If you've started your gun attack, you may as well get ready for damage as the gun both won't stun him, and you won't be far enough away to jump the hammer. From there Kahn will likely shoulder dash or walk towards you, closing the distance, which is what you DON'T want. That's why I say for this part you kind of have to get fortunate at least once that he doesn't throw the hammer with his second attack, or you'll potentially eat a lot of damage trying to get him back into the gun stun pattern

Last edited:
275: What i did, was jump backwards and do Ermac's teleport while in the air, and repeat the same process over and over again. If you find the right timing, you'll be able to beat those Goros with no sweat.

269: You have to practice Stryker's gun for this one, because what Grune said really works. Spam the gun while watching Shao Kahn, and if you see him tossing his hammer at you, jump over it and repeat the process.

300: I used Scorpion for that one. First of all, if you lose a number of times and you press retry, you'll regenerate some health after each fight.

Goro: Spam backward jump and air teleport, like you did with Ermac against the Goros.

Kintaro: He is not particularly hard to fight against, once you figure out his attack patterns. Generally, stay away from him, wait for him to make his move, and counter attack him.When you see him jumping to stomp you, jump backwards and kick in order to counter him. If he throws fire ball at you, duck to avoid it, spear him, and do the (F+2, 1, 4) combo which kicks him back enough to keep a proper distance.

Mileena: In my opinion, the hardest fight of all. Once fight starts, keep blocking because she seems to have an attack pattern to beat you really hard when she gets close. But from a far distance, she becomes a little clumsy. So, get away from her, and spear her. Then, do the (F+2, 1, 4) combo to kick her back, and as soon as she gets up, spear her again. You should be very careful with your defence though, because if she starts hitting you, she won't stop before she's kicked your butt. You should try to avoid jumping as much as you can during the fight, because she can easily punish jumps.

Shao Kahn: This guy's a beast, until you start jumping over him. Once fight starts, hold block and let him make the first move. Then, jump over him (dashing forward if required in order to close the distance), and do the following combo: 1, 1, spear, 2, 1, 2. This combo, won't kick him back much, so that you can dash and jump over him as soon as he gets up. Fortunately, he'll do a wake up move, which will leave him vulnerable in the rear. By jumping over him and repeating the combo, you'll exploit this. If you find yourself too far away from him, wait for him to make his move, and teleport so that you close the distance, then repeat the combo.

This is not a bullet-proof strategy, but that's how i did it. If you can't, just practice and eventually you'll complete this challenge.

251: I guess Shao Kahn's your problem here, so find a good combo, and do the same thing as in the 300 challenge: Jump over him and combo, and repeat.

Good luck!

everytime i try to jump over KAHN i get hit with the air shoulder, or if i hit him while cross jumping to hiS other side he glows and uppercuts of hammers. when is the best time to jump? do i need to be right next to him then jump or sweep distance? he is a pain in the aSS. NO IDEA HOW I BEAT 251 AND 299 THEY WERE A PAIN. SO WAS MIRROR REALM

everytime i try to jump over KAHN i get hit with the air shoulder, or if i hit him while cross jumping to hiS other side he glows and uppercuts of hammers. when is the best time to jump? do i need to be right next to him then jump or sweep distance? he is a pain in the aSS. NO IDEA HOW I BEAT 251 AND 299 THEY WERE A PAIN. SO WAS MIRROR REALM

Dash towards him and when you get fairly close, jump.

You may get hit with a shoulder charge, but most of the time he will just do a regular punch or kick.
You should already be on the other side of him when he begins the attack.

Sektor made 300 pretty easy.
Teleport is your friend as long as you time it right. Goro and Kintaro are pretty easy to beat without losing health beyond the R in Sektor. With Mileena, she has a pattern that when you jump back she will attempt to either throw sais or tele kick, if you teleport quickly after jumping backward you will hit her almost every single time.
Kahn is pretty easy too. Stay far away and when he is about to throw a spear or hammer, teleport. Rinse and repeat.
Teleport, punch, Teleport (throw in the enhanced tele on the 2nd one occasionally, or xray after the punch) is pretty basic and gets the job done.

To keep this post short and simple unlike the ones above me, just buyout those challenges. In the end you get the same reward anyway. I basically bought my way through all the challenges and I still got the reward. However, i didnt get the achievement but who gives a shit about that Im not that hardcore

300 - End Game:
Have to beat Goro, Kintaro, Mileena, and Shao Kahn in an endurance match with fighter of your choice.

275 - Army Of What?
You play as Ermac and have to beat three Goros in an endurance match.

269 - This Is Insane!
Have to beat three Shao Kahns in an endurance match as Stryker. (I can't shoot well)

251 - Bring It On!
Playing as Shang Tsung, beat Baraka, Sindel, and Shao Kahn.

How I did it:

251 - I spam throws on baraka and sindel. Shao Kahn is a bit tougher, you need to steel his soul to become tougher then you throw fireballs from far. you'll damage him with that extra strength and if you can land an xray AFTER stealing his soul you'll do some nice damage on him.

269 - this one is fairly easy. you need to spam fireshot fast enough to stop shao kahn from casting his projectile. you need to start the imput for the second fireshot as soon as the first input ends. if he throws his hammer, just jump over it.

275 - jump backwards and goro will shot a projectile, Teleport and combo. repeat till dead. you can also land xrays to accelerate things, just land it in a combo after a force lift that way you are sure it will connect.

300 - Well I used a cheap character for this one who has a TP that hits. you can use Noob, smoke, scorpion etc. I did it with scorpion. jump backwards, when they fire a projectile, TP ->combo-> spear-> combo or xray.

good luck!

I'd rather get a worthy achievement than a stupid alt costume for a character that I despise.

But then again I'm not a virgin. lawlz

I'd rather get a worthy achievement than a stupid alt costume for a character that I despise.

But then again I'm not a virgin. lawlz

When you get the actual costume you can show others that you finished the challenge tower beat each challenge one by one/ or bought. An achievement, thats a personal goal that your happy to get, others could careless about that when your fighting. The final reward itself, yes, is "stupid" sure, but as a mileena fan im sure others will enjoy using it.

Edit: I dont get the whole virgin part of your post thought.

Last edited:
I was actually hoping that you would get a third costume for the character that you beat 300 with.

I can't understand why NRS thinks everyone mains/loves Mileena :?

I was actually hoping that you would get a third costume for the character that you beat 300 with.

I can't understand why NRS thinks everyone mains/loves Mileena :?

You mean starting/beating challenge 1-300 all over again should get you a third costume for a character? Because going through challenges 1-300 just for a 3rd costume is pretty aggravating and excruciating. Unless you just save your koins and buyout everything, as you already got the achievement the first time around (unlike me)

for challenge 300# and probably all the others, i suggest picking smoke, and spamming he's forward back A/X move, and then do X,X,Y or X,X,X,B (if you have xbox)... that worked for me wheni fought shao kahn... also try to jump above shao kahn when he throws the jevleniers and the hammers, and then do Y, And Uppercut... that works for me

You mean starting/beating challenge 1-300 all over again should get you a third costume for a character? Because going through challenges 1-300 just for a 3rd costume is pretty aggravating and excruciating. Unless you just save your koins and buyout everything, as you already got the achievement the first time around (unlike me)

No, just beating 300 with the character of your choice, remember you get to choose your character on 300.
It FORCES mastery of all characters if you want everyone's third costume.

Just beat Challenge 300
Thanks for all the tips, i used most, if not all, of them
What i did was i died about fifteen times first
That made it SOOO much easier
You regenerate all of your health and the AI difficulty gets easier
If i was about to die (happened with Mileena kinda and Shao Kahn who decided to be a douche and use his X-Ray)
I teleported and some of the combos you guys mentioned
So that's my story haha
Again, thanks to all of you :)
I repped whoever posted (a post that helped of course lol)
Now on to the 275, 269, and 251

After a thousand tries at it, i finally beat Challenge 251 too!
I used Soul Steal on Baraka to cause extra damage then spammed Skull Throw on him until he died
For Sindel, i spammed grabs which are fairly easy to spam (as soon as you see her about to get up from the ground, press the grab button)
And Shao Kahn took me a couple tries, but i basically got distance away from him and spammed Skull Throw and i used an X-Ray too
The only real hard part was jumping over his damn hammers
Thanks for the tips guys
Gonna go try 269 now :)