Too hard!

Billabong

Has anyone switched from the new MK's and tried the oldones...like MKUltimate, MKTrilogy, and MK3? Theyre so much harder...i cant even beat the first person on easy difficulty on MKTrilogy...its weird

I have the oddest time with the PC MK2 when it comes to this. On Very Easy, the AI is (surprise surprise) really dumb and therefore can be beaten easily for the first twelve matches. If I even turn the difficulty just up to Easy, though, these guys get really cheap and throw-happy and I barely stand a chance against them.

Kintaro, however, is a pain in the ass in any difficulty level. Unless I'm using a character with a painful stun move (ie, Scorpion, since Cage's split punch can only be done at close range), I can barely make a dent in that son of a bitch. He's too fast and too cheap.

Sub-Zero_83 said:
Kintaro, however, is a pain in the ass in any difficulty level. Unless I'm using a character with a painful stun move (ie, Scorpion, since Cage's split punch can only be done at close range), I can barely make a dent in that son of a bitch. He's too fast and too cheap.

Play as Kitana, and keep using her jump kick/fan throw combo. She can make Kintaro look completely pathetic.

Yeah, I actually play the classics more than the new ones. I have MK3 and MKT on PS2. I hate Motaro on MK3! I can't touch the fool! This is practically his combo, Teleport, teleport. telport, punch, laser, grab, punch. I'm dead. But he's kinda easy on MKT. But Shao Kahn! OOOOOH NO! Don't get me started on him! Well, I'ma go over there :arrow:

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Play as Kitana, and keep using her jump kick/fan throw combo. She can make Kintaro look completely pathetic.

Actually, I try that one unsuccessfully too. Maybe the PC AI is a little different (or maybe I just stink at that trick).

MKFrEaK2 said:
I hate Motaro on MK3! I can't touch the fool!

What?! Duck, block, uppercut/jump kick, repeat. As long as your character has good range "the fool" will be ready for the glue factory.

Motaro is cake. Knock him on his arse with a jump kick or hop kick when he's jumping around. Then run in and do your characters longest button combo. The last few hits of the combo will always land.

Just have to watch out for the double teleport then 3 firebalss the bastage does. That's basically death :(

The boss charecters were usually pretty hard unless you were Sub Zero. Freeze and then upercut or long combo and you would win pretty easily.

I always have trouble against Kintaro with Baraka. I never really took the time to become "good" with him, though.

the cpu isnt hard. you just gotta learn high damage combos not the normal ones.

for instance human smoke is a beast. try playing around with his pop up combo