VOTE Other then Mortal Kombat what fighting game takes the 2nd spot for you?

2nd Favorite Fighting Game Franchise

• Killer Instinct

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Street Fighter

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Marvel vs. Capcom

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Soul Calibur

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Tekken

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • King of Fighters

• Virtua Fighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samurai Showdown

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Xmen vs. Streetfighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guilty Gear

• Total voters

Bmaga123

Obviously most of us feel Mortal Kombat to be the best and our favorite Fighting game franchise but what comes in 2nd place for you. Please Vote your 2nd favorite fighting game frachise from this list and if the game isnt listed feel free to list it below in the comments please. Although I love many of these franchises my vote is Killer Instinct this was hands down my second favorite fighting game franchise behind MK.

Killer Instinct
Street Fighter
Marvel Vs Capcom
Soul Calibur
Tekken
King of Fighters
Samurai Showdown
Virtua Fighter
Xmen vs Streetfighter
Guilty Gear

Although I'm mad about Killer Instinct 2, Guilty Gear takes 2nd. Street Fighter 3rd (used to be my number one) then KI2.

Although I'm mad about Killer Instinct 2, Guilty Gear takes 2nd. Street Fighter 3rd (used to be my number one) then KI2.

If MK is not your number 1 franchise please comment. I really hope RARE decides to bring back Killer Instinct with a new game :)

My 2nd is a tie honestly and some not mentioned so I really can't vote.

Street Fighter Series (minus 4)
The Last Blade Series
Garou: Mark of the Wolves

I still love me some Tekken.

I remember when I first played Tekken 2 on PS1.

All the hidden fights and fun gameplay got me hooked.

Why isnt Dead or Alive listed, but X-Men vs. SF is despite only having one game? Shouldn't that just be implied with MvC? :/ Anyways my second would be DOA.

I can't say I've even remotely cared for any other fighting game, nevermind having a second-most favorite. I'd actually have to pick Dead or Alive as the franchise I respect the next most soley because of the Xtreme beach volleyball (sandbox) games.

It's probably a minority opinion, but in the domain of entertainment I wouldn't call doing the same thing again and again and again a franchise. Branching out is what makes an entertainment property a franchise... to me anyway. I can't comment on Tekken's endeavors in that regard because I have never seen it firsthand, but I am aware they exist. Somehow I doubt they were as successful as DOAX, though.