why the nerf

AMES32

God of War Fanboy
hit me up on psn (when it comes back up) for any one that wants to fight.

Question: what happened to learning to play the game is it that hard?

this is not for flaming please have respectful conversations.

thanks guys

I use the slowest kombatant ( Kratos ) and have none of these issues you guys are and yes i play on expert.

I know what nerf means I'm asking why only a week or two out from release every one wants the nerf now.

Last edited:
I assume you're speaking of nerfs in general. Nerfs are usually intended to get rid of/tone down something that is too powerful or affects gameplay too much. While I agree sometimes nerfs are unnecessarily implemented and some people can be too lazy to adapt, nerfs can also be completely necessary.

I really don't think anyone should be talking about nerfs on a game that is not even two weeks old yet. No one has a clue about tiers or match ups.

I'm all for nerfs and buffs. And I wouldn't mind the slightest bit if Raiden, Kung Lao and Nightwolf ended up getting a little damage nerf.

But I do think it is WAY too early to even be thinking about nerfing characters right now. People don't know the matchups yet so it's normal. They don't know how to deal with Raiden, Noob, Smoke or Kung Lao so they scream broken. But fact is with time people might find ways or strategies around them which would make those characters a lot less efficient.

So please guys, just wait a bit. If after a few tournaments it's clear that Raiden is indeed OP then yeah, go ahead and nerf that sucker. It will only balance the game more. I'm all for balancing.

Welp ofcourse we know nerfs/buffs is for balance but thing is people are so quick to say this or that needs nerfs or buffs. Which they haven't even went into ze lab to look for ways to get out of whatever it is or find weakness in it. Game is way too new to talk about this stuff yet. Just because one can do 70%+ xray combo doesnt mean the rest aren't capable of it yet. Gotta give it time. Only thing I can see is serious glitches such as parry glitch etc~

Zephna said:
Just because one can do 70%+ xray combo doesnt mean the rest aren't capable of it yet. Gotta give it time.
lol you're looking at it the wrong way.

No character should be able to pull 70% in the first place. Buffing everyone so that the whole cast can do 70% damage combos is not gonna help. That would just break the game and make it no fun.

Well damnit, they need to get rid of some of the armor on Shao Kahn's moves.
Almost everyone of his attacks has it.
And sometimes it random with his spear throw.

well I use kratos and with him I get like a 6 hit combo + x-xray and only get 53%.

Also I have found that if you combo his back triangle(hold) + O , X or triangle it lowers his damage done so it balances it out.

lol you're looking at it the wrong way.

No character should be able to pull 70% in the first place. Buffing everyone so that the whole cast can do 70% damage combos is not gonna help. That would just break the game and make it no fun.
I said nothing about buffing everyone to be able to do so lolz~ Was just throwing an example out there. Giving things time for people to discover a lot of these 70%+ etc stuff gives NRS a better list for balancing purposes.