Give them a chance

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Warning, this thread contains story spoilers.

Many people don't like the idea of MK10 being based on the story of MK: 4, Deadly Alliance, and Deception (With Armageddon probably being prevented).

Mostly because of the lackluster characters.

But I say you should give them a chance. They were introduced in games that most fans hated, therefore hated the characters by association. I know that most of them had little to no story behind them, but look at what they did with Stryker!

The guy was the #1 hated character from the OG trilogy, but now everyone is on his nuts.
Plus they tied him to a fan favorite, Kabal.

They made Stryker a badass, they made Sheeva less ugly (which some thought was impossible), Scorpion was not portrayed as an idiotic puppet in this game (When he decided not to kill Sub-Zero, showing he could think on his own), and they have created possibly the greatest looking Shang Tsung costume ever (his alternate).

Have faith in NRS, they'll make these bums into lovable losers :)

Are you insinuating that there is hope for Jarek? Because that is absolutely ludicrous.

:p

(I really do understand and agree with what you're saying though.)

Jarek doesn't have to be playable, just a story element, cowardly assassin.

And a secret skin for Kano.

As long as he doesn't have inexplicable eye laser capabilities, I can sort of be okay with it.

What about Reiko? I actually really like him, I'd just like to see his character fleshed out a little more.

We need more people in this thread, like now.

HEY PEOPLE COME TALK ABOUT THIS

OP, I'm in the same boat dude. Mk9 proved that each character can have their own unique, individual style without being overdone or underachieved. As long as NRS can keep this up, (and we'll see how the DLC characters are presented) then I do have faith that the characters from the 3D MKs have a chance at becoming somewhat great, and more recognizable. Also, I do hope their background stories are alawt more interesting this time around.

OP, I'm in the same boat dude. Mk9 proved that each character can have their own unique, individual style without being overdone or underachieved. As long as NRS can keep this up, (and we'll see how the DLC characters are presented) then I do have faith that the characters from the 3D MKs have a chance at becoming somewhat great, and more recognizable. Also, I do hope their background stories are alawt more interesting this time around.

I am very curious to see how Kenshi plays out.
Most people call him Ermac with a sword, and they chose him for first release DLC.
They must be very confident in the way they have reinvented him.

I doubt Mokap will return, he was only a joke.
But Hsu Hao had a very interesting role as the pseudo Jax.
Kobra? I don't know about him, could just be Kabal's Black Dragon replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very curious to see how Kenshi plays out.
Most people call him Ermac with a sword, and they chose him for first release DLC.
They must be very confident in the way they have reinvented him.

I always thought Kenshi was a cool character, but you're right he is alawt like Ermac, cept with a sword. We'll see what happens. Who I'm really interested in seeing for DLC is Tanya and Movado (who were rumored as DLC).

I doubt Mokap will return, he was only a joke.
But Hsu Hao had a very interesting role as the pseudo Jax.
Kobra? I don't know about him, could just be Kabal's Black Dragon replacement.

(mokap) hey thats how rain started he was suppose to be a joke (singer prince,song: purple rain) but ended up beeing a sick character in mk trilogy. and look how sick he is in mk9 he's like one of the best and he also......... wait a minute he's not in mk9 lol. nah but i think they're taking their sweet a*s time with rain because he also has electrical powers (rayden,nightwolf). mokap should be the practice dummy lol.

as for post trilogy fighters i do like tanya(i love feamales in fighting games) i see potential in her, to me she's the female scorpion hence why ed boon name her that because his real life sister's name is tanya and she's fire related. and i wouldnt mind seein frost just because they made sub-zero so slow and the way she would utilize the ice powers should be interesting. if i was on the NRS team i would suggest making her able to project ice shards with her kicks. imagine her doing like multiple lightning fast kicks from far projecting ice shards i think it would be cool.

Last edited:
Yeah, but you're missing the part that Scorpion was portrayed as an idiotic puppet in this game. Figure, he was about thirty something when he died, right? You'd think someone who was a world-class assassin would have enough logic to see that they were being manipulated. I mean, what with knowing that Shang Tsung morphs, and that Quan Chi, of the Netherrealm, with his track record, was being a tad too nice to you with his offering? Come on.... it was very disappointing. He couldn't figure it out without Raiden changing his mind, and then his mind was changed again by Quan Chi. I thought Scorpion was supposed to be a wildcard.

He was manipulated in this game, but thats just how the story goes this early in the MK mythos.
At least he showed he had some sort of conscience when he took Raiden's deal.
And you would be hard-pressed to find a character that wouldn't have done what he did after Quan Chi showed him that flashback.

I'm betting/hoping this is the last game he is made a fool of.

With the way story mode ended, and like the OP suggested there will be another MK. Obviously with Shinnok as the primary villian. I'd like to see a good portion make a reappearance. Now depending if they will do the second MK game,and incorporate the next 3 games in the series.(MK4,MK:DA, & MK:D) I wouldn't want every character redone. Some are just goofy. Dharmin, Mokap, Moloch, Nitara, & Onaga(unless a boss). I'd like to see a few personally. Fujin, Havik, Kenshi, Rain, Li Mei, Tanya. To name just a few.

Moloch is a must imo.

I want to see him on a 2d plane.

He doesn't jump around like Goro and Kintaro, he rushes you.

If people don't like any of the characters post-Trilogy, then they might as well just ignore the next game, and stick to playing this one. There's plenty of characters from the original Trilogy that I don't like, and there's a number of characters that I don't use in the new game. But, the game is still great. I just hope the next game doesn't have as much ridiculous dialogue as the current game.

I'd love to see Reiko, Jarek, Mavado and Fujin redone in the current style.

He was manipulated in this game, but thats just how the story goes this early in the MK mythos.
At least he showed he had some sort of conscience when he took Raiden's deal.
And you would be hard-pressed to find a character that wouldn't have done what he did after Quan Chi showed him that flashback.

I'm betting/hoping this is the last game he is made a fool of.

Yeah, I did like how they made him have a bit of a moral dilemma. Meh. Still could have done far more with him in this game. Also, what's the deal with Cyrax "quitting" only to show up as a robot and taking Sub-Zero? Great story mode but that's a hole I'm trying to understand... they should have done something about it, maybe explain it more, especially since Cyrax is one of the people you play as.