Official Complaints Thread

• CPU characters just spam the same move until they win, especially on higher difficulties/levels.
  • CPU characters go tryhard sometimes if you start doing well against them.
  • Shao Kahn has way too much health and does way too much damage.
  • No 1v1 option.
  • Everyone, I mean EVERYONE online is a douchebag.
  • Everyone online obviously either has no life or job and they play this game and learn it way too much or they just use scorpion or similar and spam teleports. Why can I beat all my friends who've been playing MK for years and breeze through the story on normal, but not beat any of these dicks that play online?
  • There is no way to turn off the krypt demon.
  • Sometimes the game seems to be trying to piss you off. I understand having a challenge but making higher levels of AI do nothing but spam is just dumb and bad programming, especially when you can't change the difficulty mid-ladder or save your progress on the ladder.
  • 10 fights in ladder is kind of a lot, I usually end up going out somewhere or getting too pissed off to continue before the 10 fights are over. Why can't you save your progress?
  • What the hell is with the camera in the krypt, seriously.
  • The nekropolis is a pain to browse through because of the loading times.
  • The community for this game is shit. There are the people that blindly defend it who usually have bad grammar and just act like they want to pour their money into the game, there are the people who are really good and act smug about it like they're awesome for spending so much time on something so insignificant, and there are the few average casual players.

1- Welcome to MK.
2- Seriously, who wouldn't?
3- If Final Bosses were like everybody, they wouldn't be Final Bosses.
4- What? You mean no VS CPU option?
5- Welcome to the Real World
6- Use Block.
7- Don't go there after midnight.
8- Welcome to MK(2)
9- Ten fights IMO is not enough.
10- The navegation or camera in the Krypt doesn't have to be perfect. It's just an EXTRA.
11- Really? It takes like 2 seconds to load. Pick a bugger and BAN! It's loaded.
12- Welcome to MK(3)

Last edited:
No friendships just sucks

Game should have friendships in it. It has babalities but no friendships, eh? Terrible omission. They were a staple of the original games post MK2 and now they're just...gone? WTF? We can do without crap like animalities but no friendships just sucks.

Why are friendships cool? Because they're humorous and ironic, an act of kindness in a universe of slaughter and gore where everything wants to kill everything else. That was the point of them in the first place, irony. Get it? Irony is a fun thing to have in an ultra violent game like Mortal Kombat. Now they're no where to be seen in what is supposed to be a throwback to the original Mortal Kombat games.

I'd hope they're still hidden in the game somewhere but they would have been found already I think. I want friendships back.

Re: No friendships just sucks

So, babalities ain't ironic enough, right? Yeah, I'd have liked both Friendships and some sort of Brutalities, but hey, at least the two finishers we have are both awesome! I wish there were more stage fatalities, though :(

i feel the same, babalities were the worst out of all the finishers, most fans will agree with that and choose friendships over babalities anyday, so its seems so silly that they would choose the worst one, babalities over friendships?, you serious NRS!!? or are you just lazy?

babalities are a waste of time in this game id rather they didnt bother with any other kind of finishers at all than choose the worst out the lot!,
Animalities, or brutalities would of looked great in this new engine and especially friendships! i wanna see kidd thunder in HD!! and Cyrax do his little dance! or some completely new ideas for friendships ahh the memories :)

plus to do a friendship you had to not use block in the last round, which would prove even harder this time round meaning no enhanced moves, no breakers, or X rays, making the humiliation so much more satisfactory!

cool stuff man, bring in the friendships!!

plus to do a friendship you had to not use block in the last round, which would prove even harder this time round meaning no enhanced moves, no breakers, or X rays, making the humiliation so much more satisfactory!

In MK 9 you can use the enhanced moves and the x-rays and still pull the babality. Just don't press block alone. If they decide to transplant frienships via DLC, I suppose they would follow the same logic.

It's impossible for them add a whole new roster of finishing moves, DLC is not made for that purpose. The only thing they could add IMHO are new outfits, new stages, new characters and tower challenges. I don't think they will EVER add any new finishing move (for the whole roster, that is). Animalities were not that great, Friendships were but c'mon guys, almost every babalities made me laugh pretty hard!

It's impossible for them add a whole new roster of finishing moves, DLC is not made for that purpose. The only thing they could add IMHO are new outfits, new stages, new characters and tower challenges. I don't think they will EVER add any new finishing move (for the whole roster, that is). Animalities were not that great, Friendships were but c'mon guys, almost every babalities made me laugh pretty hard!

I agree with you, babalities are awesome and very funny. I think they can add via DLC whatever they want. DLC is like an update that you pay for. Gran turismo 5 received around 320 Mb of updates via PSN in 1 download.

Nah, babalities are awesome.

The lack of friendships barely deserves mention considering how well-executed the game is.

- V

I agree with you, babalities are awesome and very funny. I think they can add via DLC whatever they want. DLC is like an update that you pay for. Gran turismo 5 received around 320 Mb of updates via PSN in 1 download.

Yeah, but adding a whole new finisher move is not something that they will do with DLC, imho! I love DLC, as I am a Rock Band player mainly and I've a catalogue of circa 600 songs, ahah :p

i hope the put sindels original scream move as DLC and lui Kangs 'wahta whata whata' bicycle kick sfx as dlc

then this game will be perfect

They had to draw the line somewhere, their resources aren't infinite and they had a pretty big job ahead of them as it was, reinventing and reintroducing the entire franchise essentially. I'm sure now they have solid foundations established we'll see a lot of the extras like friendships added in future games.

I was disappointed at first when I heard babalities were in instead of friendships, but after seeing them, I'm pretty happy with what they did. They have a lot more character and a lot more work put into them than the babalities of old, they're actually pretty cool imo.

I think NRS put an incredible amount of work into the core qualities of this game, and nailed them as a result. The problem with games like Deception was that they were just trying to throw in the highest number of features humanely possible, and the core gameplay was shallow as a result. They obviously didn't have the time to implement friendships, Boon has said this point blank on Twitter. Babalities would have obviously been much faster to implement than friendships so they managed to get that in, and I'm glad they did.

What makes this game shine is they didn't spread themselves thin with ridiculous amounts of crappy characters, whole spin-off games, 5 types of finishers, 100000 krypt items. The result is obvious – everything in it is a much higher quality than the previous 3D-era games. Good on NRS I say. Now they can work on some of the stuff not in this one like friendships for the next game, and still keep the overall quality really high.

I think NRS put an incredible amount of work into the core qualities of this game, and nailed them as a result. The problem with games like Deception was that they were just trying to throw in the highest number of features humanely possible, and the core gameplay was shallow as a result. They obviously didn't have the time to implement friendships, Boon has said this point blank on Twitter. Babalities would have obviously been much faster to implement than friendships so they managed to get that in, and I'm glad they did.

What makes this game shine is they didn't spread themselves thin with ridiculous amounts of crappy characters, whole spin-off games, 5 types of finishers, 100000 krypt items. The result is obvious – everything in it is a much higher quality than the previous 3D-era games. Good on NRS I say. Now they can work on some of the stuff not in this one like friendships for the next game, and still keep the overall quality really high.

I agree with everything here except I would like to see some kind of finishing moves added as DLC.

I would love to see like an Ultimate finishing move addon pack with brutalities, friendships, and maybe even hara-kiri's included all in one....