Official Complaints Thread

Re: Raiden is pissing me off.

People spam online because the Lag sucks so hard you cant actually do anything "good" with 1 a sec delay... u think raiden is annoying? Play against all these scorpiona nd smoke idiots who spam one Move all the time... sometimes u are not able to block that crap because of Lag and they will win. It annoys the hell outta me, i dont care if its because ALL ppl suck online or they just doing it because of Lag... it amke the Gameplay a ******** experience for me and much others. Maybe i will start using one of these spam Characters and do it the same way, because trying hard as **** to execute good combos everytime to see that they are actually impossible to do with the Lag... yeh i am pissed!

People spam online because the Lag sucks so hard you cant actually do anything "good" with 1 a sec delay... u think raiden is annoying? Play against all these scorpiona nd smoke idiots who spam one Move all the time... sometimes u are not able to block that crap because of Lag and they will win. It annoys the hell outta me, i dont care if its because ALL ppl suck online or they just doing it because of Lag... it amke the Gameplay a ******** experience for me and much others. Maybe i will start using one of these spam Characters and do it the same way, because trying hard as **** to execute good combos everytime to see that they are actually impossible to do with the Lag... yeh i am pissed!

I pretty much only play online and I can constantly pull off 5-6 hit combos as Ermac, Jax, and Noob.

There are two things you can do to reduce lag:

Get better internet (assuming you don't have the best in your area)

Join King of the Hill matches, and if it seems to lag, leave. Keep searching and going until you find one that isn't lagging up the wazoo.

Raiden's torpedo is a high-risk high-reward attack. It is easy to input and does heavy damage when it connects, but if you simply block it the opponent is left spinning in the air for a good amount of time. Lrn2block.

Raiden's torpedo is a high-risk high-reward attack. It is easy to input and does heavy damage when it connects, but if you simply block it the opponent is left spinning in the air for a good amount of time. Lrn2block.

As I stated in my first post, I know how to block, and when I can, I do- except that doesn't always cover it. Let's say I'm chaining a punch combo, Raiden can just completely interrupt that chain and use his torpedo on me, knock me to the wall, use his combo chain on me, then rinse and repeat until I have the chain to either combo break or flameport out of the way. It has nothing to do with "learning to block", it has everything to do with the fact that I'm not always able to.

You aren't chaining anything if he can interupt with that attack. If you were comboing him the only thing he can do to interupt it is a breaker. Learn to combo better so you don't drop the combo and get PUNISHED. If you were playing anyone good they would punish with a full combo and you would really be *****ing.

Seriously- Raiden needs to be nerfed.

I was playing against this guy just now. We went 5 matches, I kicked his ass every time- I even got a flawless victory twice. He used Raiden 4 times, then Kitana once. On the 6th match, all he does is use that "charge" attack with Raiden where he flies accross the screen and smashes you into the wall. Now I know that I can just duck and block that, but it's incredibly annoying. After 5 matches, he finally won by a small amount simply because he kept doing that same stupid thing.

This attack is just complete BS. It's like a get out of jail free card. Getting your ass handed to you? Backed into a corner while somebody is using combos? No worries! Just use that thing and it'll automatically get you out of the situation and do way too much damage to the person attacking you. Forget using skill or tactics or even combos, just spam that over and over and eventually you'll win by sheer luck.

Does anyone else think Raiden needs to be nerfed? Or at least this particular attack? Because I'm sorry, but nobody should be able to win a match by literally just spamming the one same move over and over.

Hilarious because it isn't Raiden's fault you played against a spammer.

Figure out how to counter it.

So much easier to blame a video game character than yourself or the guy who chose Raiden and decided to spam, huh?

The longer the game is out the more people will complain about the most ridiculous things. Someone yesterday was complaining about Johnny cage's straps on his forearms. I just had to shake my head on that one, I think it was even made into a thread lol. People were evencomplaining about certain characters eye colors a few months ago, that deserved a facepalm too. Its not like you can really see the eyes anyway when the fight is going on.

yeah, the handwraps was me, i was trying to make fun of the thread about the heads being to small so i picked the littlest thing that annoyed me and ended up offending 21371297 johnny cage fans....some body got the joke i guess, because i got +1 rep because of it, or maybe dude actually didnt like the wraps...

"Those" people...

It's not like I really have a problem dealing with them, but they are annoying. You know. "Those people".

Who are "Those" people you ask? Why, the people who do literally nothing but crouch-block in the back, and if you jump anywhere near them, they uppercut you. I like to call these people turtles, because them remind me of the animal. Slow, not terribly bright, not capable of doing much. Seems to describe them perfectly.

Seriously. Do you hate this game so much that you aren't willing to take 5 minutes out of your day and learn some combos so that you can do something other than uppercut? All that's going to happen is I'm going to use a long range attack like Demonfire or take you down with low kicks.

People who do this don't beat me...They just really make me mad. You think it would be a courtesy of fighting gamers not to be a complete cheap ass and try to do the stupidest stuff imaginable, but I guess not.

Re: "Those" people...

It's not like I really have a problem dealing with them, but they are annoying. You know. "Those people".

Who are "Those" people you ask? Why, the people who do literally nothing but crouch-block in the back, and if you jump anywhere near them, they uppercut you. I like to call these people turtles, because them remind me of the animal. Slow, not terribly bright, not capable of doing much. Seems to describe them perfectly.

Seriously. Do you hate this game so much that you aren't willing to take 5 minutes out of your day and learn some combos so that you can do something other than uppercut? All that's going to happen is I'm going to use a long range attack like Demonfire or take you down with low kicks.

People who do this don't beat me...They just really make me mad. You think it would be a courtesy of fighting gamers not to be a complete cheap ass and try to do the stupidest stuff imaginable, but I guess not.

It's even worse when your character doesn't have an unblockable

Re: "Those" people...

Even more so if your character doesn't have an overhead attack either(Not counting the jump attack)
Gosh I hate that.

I think every single character should at least have 1 launcher and 1 overhead. Not to mention a reliable anti-air and a decent wake up attack. That would certainly help balance the game and make it fair for everyone.

Kinda sad to notice some characters don't even have those basic tools.

I hate how op the top five characters are against all lower tiers

Scorpion and Kung lau are almost god tier compared to striker. Add a dash of frame lag online and it negates so much skill.

Overpowered Raiden

Need I say more? His Electric Flying move is too powerful and too fast, with too little recovery time.

It does 10% damage in two hits. That move is just way too powerful. If someone blocks it and Raiden starts spinning in the air, there is a big gap between him and the opponent, meaning the blocked attack isn't punishable by uppercut. Has anyone tried this? Playing online before PSN down, and I haven't ran into any Raiden players. Hes so OP, its not even funny...

Re: Overpowered Raiden

Good, but not overpowered. His electric fly is really punishable. There is a sweet spot where Raiden is a little safer, but most of the time his electric fly is punished by a full combo. People need to break the habit of punishing spinning aerial opponents with uppercut. Dash up and do a full combo. Condition your opponent to not carelessly throw out unsafe moves. Block and punish a few times and they should learn; if not, keep punishing.