Official Complaints Thread

Raiden is definitely a good character but if you think his wall combos are too much then wait till you fight a decent Kung Lao. LOL

Anyway, my biggest complain so far is that if you input a command for a combo too quickly your character ends up doing something completely different(Ermac).

Noob's Shadow Tackle is too perfect. Needs a delay in re firing. Can't get onto psn to claim my other codes, my ear hurts and I hate that even though Reptile has his wonderful force balls back, his best fatality has a bug. Do weight loss from the right and the intestine falls out their back.

That actually feels much better.

Anyway, my biggest complain so far is that if you input a command for a combo too quickly your character ends up doing something completely different(Ermac).
That's because of the buffering window and negative edge.

It happens to all characters that share similar special moves. For example Nightwolf has D, F, 1 and D, F, 2. So if I do: 2 xx D, F, 1, depending on how fast I input it a different special will come out. The problem is that the game stores the previous 2 input and so when I go for "D, F" after, it thinks I want to do D, F, 2 but messed up my timing so it actually takes priority over 1 (which would be my next input). Which is lame.

That also bothers me sometimes. But I got used to it with time. You just have to slow down your input. Which was hard for me because I'm so used to SSF4 buffering and cancels.

Since you went to the trouble of making a thread ;)

The Krypt is AWFUL. Unlocking Fatalites and Costumes there, fair enough, but it would be nice to see other stuff instead of Concept Art and Music. What happened to such gems like 'Cooking with Scorpion'? And the Screamers are just pointless as shit :/
It's all fine and dandy, one jumping up, made me laugh, made me jump what have you. They get boring though >.> Started to mute and use map after a while, only need to open 12 more graves :/

What happened to Animalities, Friendships and Brutalities? Yes, the Fatalities and Stage Fatalities are nicely done, but the Babalities are dull, since you can essentially do it using one character to another character, and you've seen them all.

What is wrong with the Rock, Paper, Scissors style of attacking? Why do only some moves cancel out other moves? Why is it I can land a kick on Jax, sound effect and bouncing back and all, only for him to take no damage and do that stupid Gotcha Grab?

I get it, bosses are meant to be hard, they always have been on Mortal Kombat, but why give Shao Khan a move he can just constantly spam? Honestly, it's not the fact he can do about 70% damage with his X-Ray, it's not the fact only about 5% of your attacks actually make him flinch, but that HORRIBLE sledge hammer move...
Yeah, it's easy enough to dodge, and yeah, fair enough you get stunned when it hits you, but that's where it should stop. Instead, he'll do it another 2 - 3 times if he's up for it.

REALLY don't want to knock the game. It's good to see it getting back to it's roots, and the Challenge Tower is fantastic, if somewhat spoiled by it's ultimate reward. The one new Character, (Not including Kratos) is pretty decent, and I do hope future characters will be well done as well, but it does seem a lot of the game needs rebalancing.

Oh yeah, and Sheeva. >=[

Re: johnny cage's handwraps

Maybe I'd take notice to this if I wasn't preoccupied with trying to make sure those fists don't collide with my character's face...

yeah, it would of been nice to have them unwrap during the match and not the start. To me Johnny Cage look is disappointing. Have you ever played a wrestling game and they have create a character. Well Johnny looks like somebody a 5 year old would make with that big ass tattoo on his chest. I miss Mk1 Johnny.

I don't know what you're saying!! I love Johnny. Johnny forever. I'll have sunglasses wearing babies.

When he got his hand wraps in MK:DA is when I started liking him design wise.

Especially how he had two different colors.

meh..... I like Mk1 Johnny. In fact Johnny is the only design I don't like in Mk 9. Very plain. But I will admit I do like him in story mode. They captured his attitude. What's up with his hair also, just as bad as smokes. LoL

What does it matter? He likes his handwraps loose, who cares? I think it looks dope.

having handwraps that loose ina fight is like wearing a cup made of silk ina ball kicking contest, its not gonna help at all. of course this is a videogame,so its doesnt really matter. just saying it annoys me.

having handwraps that loose ina fight is like wearing a cup made of silk ina ball kicking contest, its not gonna help at all. of course this is a videogame,so its doesnt really matter. just saying it annoys me.

It represents his attitude.

It should have been his intro:
He's wrapping his arms, then he looks over and says "Wait, this guy's a pushover!"
And stops wrapping his arms then gets into his stance.

It represents his attitude.

It should have been his intro:
He's wrapping his arms, then he looks over and says "Wait, this guy's a pushover!"
And stops wrapping his arms then gets into his stance.

Exactly what I think. Why wrap your arms right when you're ****ing Johnny Cage.

Haha yeah I get that the wraps are only a half step past useless, but it's just his style. He's a supernatural badass with an ego to match, he'll prolly worry more about his handwraps once he starts thinking there's a fighter out there somewhere that can challenge him lol.