Official Complaints Thread

We playing the same game, man? His specials are OP and he's probably the easiest character to chain moves with. Kabal's always been broken, hell he was broken in MK3.

The do I know about characters being broken or not, I just assumed that since other people were saying he was, and the fact that I find him so accessible that I went along with that, lol.

You want to go ahead and say how his specials are broken instead of just claiming that they're broken?

make Subby faster.

I agree 100% with this.
Human Sub-Zero being as slow as molasses in MK9, along with him being nerfed ala Kano, was terrible.

MK10 needs a quicker Sub-Zero, with quicker frame rate moves and special moves.
A blind person could see his MK9 Ground Freeze coming, from a mile away.
Also, less MK9 Sub-Zero gorilla stance and more MK1 fight stance for MK10.

Attachments

• MK1 Sub-Zero Scorpion fight stance..jpg
    MK1 Sub-Zero Scorpion fight stance..jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I don't know about a faster Sub to be honest. I mean that's what made players respect him as a character in MK9.

You actually had to think while playing Sub-Zero rather than go balls out with other characters.

You could either play the lame game with an ice clone or use his mixup strings or go for his reset.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Even with his mixup strings, Sub-Zero was still uber slow.
As for respect, the ONLY Sub-Zero that people respected in MK9, was Tom Brady's, and that's because he's Tom fvcking Brady.

I love playing as Sub-Zero in MK9 as he's one of my mains, and my favorite character of all MK, but a great Sub-Zero stands no chance against a great Mileena, Kabal, Kung Lao or Cyrax player of the same level, and MK9 tournaments have proven that.

Scorpion is mid tier, IMO.

He can anti air combo off of d1.

Vortex isn't even that good it's like a slot machine. Someone is eating a combo when the vortex is coming.

It's a tool scorpions should only be using to catch up when you're behind on HP. Of you're ahead play safe.

Noob has Subby's MK1 fight stance, but I agree, Kuai's needs to be changed BADLY. His MK3 or MK4 one would be fine, IMO.

Even with his mixup strings, Sub-Zero was still uber slow.
As for respect, the ONLY Sub-Zero that people respected in MK9, was Tom Brady's, and that's because he's Tom fvcking Brady.

I love playing as Sub-Zero in MK9 as he's one of my mains, and my favorite character of all MK, but a great Sub-Zero stands no chance against a great Mileena, Kabal, Kung Lao or Cyrax player of the same level, and MK9 tournaments have proven that.

Mileena, Kung Lao, and cyrax are not why subzero isn't placing good.

It's the kenshi, Freddy, kabal, skarlet, and IMO jade.

That's why Brady picked up raiden to counter these heavy zoning characters.

Brady's played out. People only like his Sub for his use of the ice clones and mind tricks. The dudes a douche. Could he kick my ass at Mk? You bet. Is he still a douche absolutely.

Brady's played out. People only like his Sub for his use of the ice clones and mind tricks. The dudes a douche. Could he kick my ass at Mk? You bet. Is he still a douche absolutely.

Nah, I think he's one of the best Subs to touch MK9. I also feel that people care too much about the personality of the players instead of their overall gameplay, I think people need to give credit to where credit is due. Most of my Sub Zero play was inspired by Tom because his methods brought him success.

We playing the same game, man? His specials are OP and he's probably the easiest character to chain moves with. Kabal's always been broken, hell he was broken in MK3.

How are his specials OP?

Spear - Highly punishable. Only good for armour on EX, anti airs, and in combos.
Tackle kick - It's okay, I guess. Nothing special.
Teleport - Highly punishable. Honestly, if you can't deal with his teleport, then maybe you should think about learning to play the game properly.
Hellfire - I mean it's a decent move, but it should not be a massive problem to you if you know the matchup. It's a really character specific move. It's useless against characters like Kung Lao and Kabal, but it's good against like, sub.

So how are his specials OP?

And about how easy it is to 'chain moves' with him... easy execution does not mean that he is a good character. Skarlet is a much better character than scorpion, and she is one of the hardest characters execution wise. It's about the tools he has and he is severely lacking. His normals are slow.

Instead of just complaining all the time, learn how to fight against characters. If you whine and whine, nothing will change. If you actually open your eyes, sometimes you realise things aren't as good as they seem. There are legit OP characters, like Kabal, Kenshi and Freddy and then there's characters that people just complain about because they're too lazy to get their shit together.

This exactly what happened to Kano, smh.

Scorpion isn't broken at all, he's just more easily accessible than other characters which is usually what happens with stars of fighting games. Only fighting game I can think of where the star character is actually hard to use is Akira from Virtual Fighter.

Also since everyone and their mother used Scorpion online, it became only easier to fight him, same with Smoke.

Not to mention scorpions vortex is fuzzy-able lol. My friend John is a kabal player and he would ALWAYS block both 50/50 options guaranteed if you through them out in a obvious way. like right after a jump in punch. I had to jump in punch wait a second then do the 50/50. Or jab once, 50/50.

Once you get higher level the tools you find to be godlike are just mediocre. while his pokes are bad, he can cancel his pokes into take down which is safe on block. thus making people respect his pokes. so he can't poke, then feel instantly safe, you have to do a few poke-> take downs to get them to respect it.

D3 on scorpion is NEGATIVE on hit.

Just a heads up though. Scorpion as a option select where if you deep jump in kick, you can input the teleport inputs. And if they get hit by the kick, you get a teleport punch combo off the kick. If they block the kick, and you do the input. The teleport doesn't come out.

There are ways to make things seemingly bad, much better.

while he's not OP, he's not complete utter garbage. I believe he's mid tier.

Also hellfire is not useless against Kabal/Kung Lao. There is always a time where they are grounded, you just have to make the right calls.

I haven't MK in a long time, so I can't say exactly how. But if not broken, he's definitely cheap.

Instead of just complaining all the time, learn how to fight against characters. If you whine and whine, nothing will change. If you actually open your eyes, sometimes you realise things aren't as good as they seem. There are legit OP characters, like Kabal, Kenshi and Freddy and then there's characters that people just complain about because they're too lazy to get their shit together.
Well, that's a little uncalled for don't you think?

Well, that's a little uncalled for don't you think?

Not really.
Players like you are what hurt the competitive scene for NRS games. You complain and complain until they change it, even if there is a way around it you refuse to take the time to learn it. Those 'you's are in general btw

Mzuark's reply was in regards to Kzaoo (who he quoted), though, not you.

VVVV