Official Complaints Thread

Re: No friendships just sucks

They should just combine babalities and friendships into one.

Example would be Johnny Cage's babablity.

If they put Friendships they should make it so the winner looks like he/she is about to do one of his/her fatalities but then instead of doing the fatality does something completely different! Like scorpion pulls off his mask like he does for toasty but instead of breathing fire at the opponent he breathes it at the marshmallows he pulled out and they have smores :)

yeah i was really hoping friendships were in the game. I never liked the babalities too much but I always thought friendships were funny

That would be awesome as a DLC pack, although I don't like the hara-kiri's giving control back to the loser (as cool as some of the animation ideas were). Burnout Paradise was a game I played for years and still fire up sometimes because the developer went all out with amazing DLC coming out for 2 years after its release, a lot of it free (they added motorbikes to the game as a free download!). The DLC for that game was insane.

I'd love if MK9 was that ambitious with DLC but doubt it will be, think I read a Boon tweet that said "maybe for the next game" regarding friendships, so it looks like the DLC might be limited to characters and costumes (and hopefully a bunch of patches for character balancing, glitches etc).

i feel the same, babalities were the worst out of all the finishers, most fans will agree with that and choose friendships over babalities anyday
Nope.

Allow me to explain the actual difference between the two finishers. First, pulling a babality actually requires skill since you have to win without blocking. Which explains why noobs never pull off babalities and why it's always the lesser skilled/scrub player that ends up being babalified.

See, babality is actually the best insult you can do to make an opponent super salty. It's like saying: "Hey, you're so free I don't even need to block to win against you!"

Doing a friendship is like saying: "My mom doesn't want me to do fatalities cuz it's too violent." or: "Please please please will you be friend? I don't have anyone to talk to or play with. I am forever alone. ;_;"

So in conclusion, friendships are done by kids, priests, girls, girlymen and rejects. Babalities are done by winners and real grown men.

It doesnt feel the same without Friendships. I can live without animalities and Brutalities, but Friendships need to be in

- The retarded things in The Krypt. I think is far of interesting to get some pictures and bgmusic as a prize. How about includes kombo videos? Glitchs, and some wip/beta stuff?
- Borings and repetitives challenges in Challenge Tower, as I said in other post, the challenges are just the same only changing the character you use (for example, defeat a tag team while your life bar is depleating using Kitana, and then, the same challenge using Liu Kang,) -There is one I think is original, when you use Mileena and Kitana to repel some tarkatas from both sides of the screen.
- Wish they would include a run button instead those annoying dashes. I think the fighting mechanics in this games are awesome but c'mon, I hate approach to my opponent doing those dam'n little dashes.
- Some stages are just filler, I'd like to see Kombat Tomb, Warrior Shrine, The Belltower and Graveyard in the night (as we know them from MK3)
- The soundtrack!! Those hollywood or "epic/orchestrated" tracks (based in strings) just annoy me. They MUST use more percussions and strange sounds like in MK/MK2.

I miss a Kombo challenge like MK vs DC (although I didn't played it) and a non-lineal history mode like MKD.

My biggest complaint so far is the apparent glitchiness of Shao Kahn, on multiple levels.

First and foremost, there seems to be this "screw you" AI that inhabits Kahn the first time I've fought him going through the ladder with the first 19 characters I've beaten it with (I'm going one by one in order in the character select screen). I believe I've managed twice (one that I remember for sure) to only lose 1 round to him when not having previously lost a single round the entire ladder on Medium. That was with Scorpion (the other maybe, if I remember correctly is Sub-Zero). I've yet to be able to beat him two rounds in a row the first time through. I still have 9 more characters to go so there's still a chance, but I guess its less to do with me feeling like I've legitimately been beaten and more so to do with the, what I refer to as glitches, below. Also, most times (with a couple of exceptions where its taken me 3 or 4 times), the second time through I completely demolish him.....using the SAME strategy. Its just little things here and there in the first match that point to the AI purposefully increasing its difficulty through nefarious, cheap means to thwart a legitimate two round victory.

Glitches -

1. Problems clearing Hammer Uppercut - There's vast inconsistencies with how this move hits a character. Some characters I've just started to leap over Kahn as he's beginning the animation. It seems delayed enough to where I should get hit, but instead I clear the hammer with the cross jump, landing safely behind him for an uppercut. Other characters I'm already fully in the jump motion before he starts the swing, yet I'm hit at the peak of my jump by his uppercut instead of clearing him where I feel like I should. The hit detection with that movie is definitely wonky and needs some tweaking to be more consistent.

2. Problems clearing Kahn jumping - Occasionally I will jump from a distance that appears to be a normal distance to jump over Kahn, yet I'll hang seemingly above him but just in front of him and fall right in front of him for a big hit. This doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it really leaves you defenseless for huge damage. It just looks like its incorrectly detecting collision where there is none on the screen.

3. Problems with Kahn not auto facing the proper direction - Frequently (on average at least once a match and upwards of three or four times) when cross jumping Kahn while he is not down, he will not auto face your character when they have cleared him or when they land behind him. Instead he stays faced the opposite direction. Where this is a problem is trying to bait him into an attack for cross jumping behind him for an uppercut. No other character in the game that I've seen exhibits this behavior and its uncommon enough to lend credence to it being a bug more so than just part of a battle with Kahn.

4. Problem with hit detection of uppercuts - I can count on both hands the number of times I've been standing right next to Kahn after a cross jump, have uppercutted him, and whiffed. I don't mean he turned and blocked it. I mean it completely missed him while he was unprotected and not ducking.

I expect Kahn to be difficult, but the above are legitimate, real problems to an already super aggressive AI. Again, these seem to crop up more the first time fighting Kahn than subsequent fights. The point is, they shouldn't crop up at all.

I don't really anticipate these being fixed as these are minor and by no means make Kahn unbeatable or broken. They're mainly just nuisances. But it'd be nice if they did address them.

Last edited:
Just Sonya Kiss Stun Time Extra Short !!! Se Cyrax Net Sub Ice Quan Zombie & Scorpion Get Over Here All Have Almost Full Screen Range & Stun Time Is Long . But Sonya Kiss Short Range & Stuns Just For Half Second & Greatly Reduce DMG ...

I never really was a fan of Friendships even if they were funny. I hated brutalities im Mk3 (the Brutality ideea in MK Shaolin Monks was cool tho) and Animalities should be chosen very carefully, so the respective animal fits every character if they make a return (DLC or next game).

I loved Hara-Kiris in MK Deception and I was very dissapointed to see them not survive more than one game to be honest :( . I really hope they'll add them back some time.

LOL Rick Roll'd-ality!

My only complain is that i don't have any complaints about this game :) seriously though, perhaps the only thing barely worth complaining about is the lack of certain stages or fatalities, but that i'm sure will be fixed with the DLC.

I HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE that you can't mute people in KOTH when you're playing.

I was fighting this guy who purposely had white noise blaring though his mic.

Most annoying shit I've ever heard.

- Sub Zero... sorry but needs to be changed a bit. Ground ice is so useless NOBODY even bothers to use it in a game, even in mixups. Regular freeze needs to be sped up a bit. He's supposed to be the Ryu to Scorpion's Ken, not this hippopotamus swimming in molasses they gave us.

EX Ground Ice is pretty useful to get a free combo if the enemy is turtling. Other than that, yeah, it's useless. For a move you have to perform close to the enemy it's really slow. You can't really do it to catch them as they're jumping toward you either as that's just asking for a jump kick in your face. Compared to Scorpion's Hellfire or even Takedown, it's laughable useless. On the other hand, Scorpion's EX moves are pretty bad while Sub Zero gains something more than just extra damage from each of his (well, except for the Ice Clone)...

Anyway, they need to just make the Ground Freeze faster, and maybe make the animation look more like the iceball so the enemy won't know which of the two is coming.

My ONLY complaint is that the difficulty settings for the ladder and story mode don't really seem right, I remember MK1-3 were ridiculously hard on very hard.

Nope.

Allow me to explain the actual difference between the two finishers. First, pulling a babality actually requires skill since you have to win without blocking. Which explains why noobs never pull off babalities and why it's always the lesser skilled/scrub player that ends up being babalified.

See, babality is actually the best insult you can do to make an opponent super salty. It's like saying: "Hey, you're so free I don't even need to block to win against you!"

Doing a friendship is like saying: "My mom doesn't want me to do fatalities cuz it's too violent." or: "Please please please will you be friend? I don't have anyone to talk to or play with. I am forever alone. ;_;"

What?

How does anything change if someone prefers Friendships over Babalities if you have to win the match without blocking? Crap I didn't even know that, now I feel humiliated for the relatively few times I've been turned into a baby. But anyway if you have to win the match without blocking it's the same level of insulting and it's a personalized animation that depends on the winner's character, not the loser.

Also since this is the complain thread. Smoke's teleport punch. It can still be hella fast but you need to be able to react in time to block it even if you're not already blocking, like Sektor's teleport punch. Especially when accounting for how many matches are played online, with lag. That is literally the only move in the game that I think should be nerfed. Scorpion is fine, Noob is fine, Ermac is okay only because I don't play him enough to really know. Just this one move, please God it would stop so much deserved complaining. Otherwise, this game rules, good job guys, especially with the buffing of some characters