Seb's MK9 Lab Notes

Shffl

Seb, a fighting game enthusiast/cofounder of FADC, put together a quick few videos that I think are very helpful to some new players that aren't certain on all the mechanics of the game. Some of this stuff maybe obvious to more advanced players, but I think the videos are still worth noting for new players.

Note: Seb plays on a custom controller setting.

Throws

Stance Changing

Also keep in mind that this video is made by somebody who is new to MK. However, Seb is a huge part of the fighting game community and very knowledgable. If you find these videos helpful, he's got a few more on his YouTube channel.

Last edited:
Thx for posting, great find. And an explanation to 'useless', as it seemed to me also, L2|LT Change Stance button.

Well now I understand why sometimes I am able to do combos 100% of them time, then just suck at performing them later.

Thanks a lot for showing this video.

Glad people are liking the video. He has three "in the lab" videos covering Sektor/Raiden, with other FADC cofounder Damdai. It has some useful information (i.e. what combo strings are safe on block, good combo enders, etc.) Check out his YouTube channel linked above if you're interested in these characters.

Very good stuff though I learned this stuff from the demo/day1 retail release but is very good for new players and veterans who havent came across this info yet~

Great info about the throws... I read so many times that all you had to do is press any button.
About the stance change... still think it's a bug. :)

I like these short videos that get straight to the point. Good job.

They shouldn't have put this stupid stance button. This is now more frustrating knowing what it does <_<
I truly believe it's an unintentional glitch. There's no way something stupid like that would have been planned as a full fledged gameplay feature. If anything it's a secret limitation rather than an enhancement.

It'll be gone within a couple updates.

Meh, this guy is a noob. I only watched the first video. He got 3 things wrong. He said when they are jumping you can't grab them, then he ends up grabing he guy. He says they can't escape the throw but then he does. Then he says Cyrax's command grab is B+2, which it's B+1.

Meh, this guy is a noob. I only watched the first video. He got 3 things wrong. He said when they are jumping you can't grab them, then he ends up grabing he guy. He says they can't escape the throw but then he does. Then he says Cyrax's command grab is B+2, which it's B+1.

I said he has no prior MK experience, so he technically is a noob. He thought you couldn't grab during prejump and post-jump frames, he corrected himself when he saw that you couldn't. Not sure where you're talking about the throw escaping, but if it's after the jump attack, he meant you can't jump away from it, not it's unbreakable. He plays on a different button set up, so B+Y for him is B+1. I personally play on this set up as well. He mentioned it in another video, but I forgot to mention that in the post. I will edit that in.