The Kast

EnXess

Taken from TRMK's sources:

"Unlike Capcom's Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, which required new character drawings, remaking Mortal Kombat in high definition is not as easy. In order to properly recreate the series in HD, Warner Bros. needed to film actors performing the moves like they originally did 20 years ago, just now with better high-definition cameras. Resorting to hand-drawn characters, or using 3D models in place of real actors would just not look right and cause many fans to revolt. However, things are not as simple as that. Since the previous actors are now 20 years older and - in most cases - wouldn't look to be the right age in high definition, Warner Bros. has hired new actors for the various roles and have been busy capturing them over the past few months at a Warner Bros. Studio in Los Angeles. TRMK has also heard that some of the original cast is involved in the filming in some capacity as well."

Now... Is anyone else hoping the lovely cosplay ladies we've seen for the MK promotional tour will be the kast for Mileena, Jade and Kitana? In the videos we see them doing a few basic moves and poses so I kinda think it's likely... Plus, nothing wrong with some eye-candy.

Agree for Kitana and Mileena, absolutely not agree about Sonya. Sonya must be more... rude, military-like, strong, with wide shoulders (and big tits also, LOL) like Elizabeth Malecki was. That chick from cosplay is hot, but she looks like a simple blondy-girl, not in Sonya's character.

I thought they just announced like a week ago MK:HD would be coming out in the fall? I know it was announced then disappeared for awhile but I thought it was back...officially.

i can't remember but where was it orignally shown or talked about. I only remember seeing a cover in november an then in feb. i guess it was some stuff on how it would be done.

Dude, give me that Italian cosplay Kitana chick any day, make her palette swap for the other two, and I'll be happy waiting and getting let down all over again for this release.

Carlos is still damn fit and young looking so it shouldn't be a problem for him to reprise Raiden <3

..but, yeah:

Carlos is still damn fit and young looking so it shouldn't be a problem for him to reprise Raiden <3

He did motion cap for MK9 anyway correct? None of the original cast is game apparently. Even Daniel is still fit.

Yes, he most certainly did =)

Someone met Kitana's actress about a week or two ago and said she still looks as good and fit as she did back then so can't rule her out, either.

Yes, he most certainly did =)

Someone met Kitana's actress about a week or two ago and said she still looks as good and fit as she did back then so can't rule her out, either.

Nice, and Ho Sung is still doing other projects as well.

They need to get John Turk, that dude was a beast! Every time I see someone with a very defined square face I think of Sub-Zero in MK3.

Kitana Cosplay- Perfect

Sonya- Good but not Sonya

Mileena- No.....NO.....NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Lol

I'd love to see the Kitana actress in the game :D

YES!! i saw pictures!! she looks just like she did in MKII ^_^

From her website:

35kickcuff.jpg

She's a fitness trainer now. Imagine being in her class and feeling if you don't measure up you'll get decapitated by a fan.

if they got a whole new cast and made an MK game like they did in the 90's, but just now with our technology.. that would definitely make me one step closer to a happy death : )

at least we're getting perfect ports of MK1-UMK3 and by perfect, i really hope they mean the actual ports. not like what they did the xbox version.