MK9 cameos - Potential DLC?

bmtrocks

So I compiled a list of all of the cameos I've seen in the game so far and/or have seen in picture form (Rain, Kira, Li Mei).

The Pit:
Kenshi
Daegon
Sareena
Reiko
Frost

Colosseum:
Skarlet
Tanya
Kira
Li Mei

Cathedral:
Rain
Meat

Story opening:
Hotaru
Bo Rai Cho
Shujinko
Kenshi

Story:
Motaro
Shinnok

Cameo in endings:
Havik
Fujin
Bo Rai Cho
Great Kung Lao
Unknown character

Then there's also the fact that Boon mentioned Cyber Smoke as potential DLC.

So anyway is this a complete list? The reason I ask cause if we know what models are in the game already, we could get a glimpse of what is to come in DLC format. Skarlet and Kenshi, two confirmed DLC characters, already have models in the game to work with and create a moveset and other junk with. I think these are the best indications of what we'll be getting for the most part.

Last edited:
I only saw rain in a video, but i never could see in the cathedral in the game while playing, is still there? and where?

Wow, I'd love to have some videos/pictures of these cameos

Playing the game you will see all of em, except for Rain i could never see him, only in a video like i said before.

havik is seen in noob's ending and fujin in kratos' ending.

Playing the game you will see all of em, except for Rain i could never see him, only in a video like i said before.

havik is seen in noob's ending and fujin in kratos' ending.
Thanks for the tips, I'll get right on that. However, if anyone has a decent capture card images to study would be nice. Now begins today's challenge... See all these characters before the day is over. A lovely distraction from the Royal Wedding.

I edited up the list a bit to specify where they're all located.

Personally I haven't seen Li Mei and Kira at the Colosseum in my game, but I've seen some pics of it from magazine scans.

I know that NRS will have Rain in the future as DLC due to the sheer demand of him by fans. I would love to see Shinnok & Great Kung Lao. Too bad I'll never see Great Kung Lao as DLC most likely haha.

So I compiled a list of all of the cameos I've seen in the game so far and/or have seen in picture form (Rain, Kira, Li Mei).

So anyway is this a complete list? The reason I ask cause if we know what models are in the game already, we could get a glimpse of what is to come in DLC format. Skarlet and Kenshi, two confirmed DLC characters, already have models in the game to work with and create a moveset and other junk with. I think these are the best indications of what we'll be getting for the most part.
Well i'll remark with colours wich characters are in the game. All of these characters are in stage file and are not individual, so technicly are not in the game. DLC chars will use other files.. anyway..
Green = actually is in the stage
Red = actually is in not the stage

The Pit:
Kenshi
Daegon
Sareena
Reiko
Frost

Colosseum:
Skarlet
Tanya

Kira<-- she was there but not in final version
Li Mei<-- she was there but not in final version
Kitana Alt Costume

Cathedral:
Rain<-- he was there but not in final version
Meat<-- can be meat but seems more like a generic body

where are Hotaru and Shujinko mentioned?
They appear in the intro of the story mode briefly. Also to note, a model for Zombie Liu Kang also appears

Well i'll remark with colours wich characters are in the game. All of these characters are in stage file and are not individual, so technicly are not in the game. DLC chars will use other files.. anyway..
Are they really not there, though? While I haven't seen them yet, someone else may've. We need a confirmation on this.

tanya has to be her own character, not a kitana rip off in order for me to like her. Also, sonya has tanya's exact same fatality from MK4.

The only characters I can bare seeing are the ones from Mk - MK Trilogy. All the rest are bland, and uninteresting. Quan Chi and Shinnok are good exceptions and they did their characters justice. But to have all these other mk4 mk5 mk6 characters with sudden mk1-mkt story lines is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Are they really not there, though? While I haven't seen them yet, someone else may've. We need a confirmation on this.
INSIDE stage packages there are several files, some of them are the models of those characters. Skarlet (or any of the other named characters) have not their own package and regular char has

Good thread... I agree with the list here will pretty much contain the potential DLC for the game character wise, along with the wu-shi academy seen in story mode possibly raidens temple sky temple touched up from MK vs DC too... Hope we get all the remaining classic arenas and characters foremost though like the portal and Kombat tomb, pit 3, palace gates, balcony etc... Rain and Motaro

Complete the whole original re-make fan-service Mortal Kombat basically