NFL Draft is Tonight 4/28

kenshiforever

I don't know how many NFL fans we have here at TRMK, but I'm a huge Buffalo fan. I'm hoping we get Cam Newton tonight. I'm interested in hearing everyone else's opinion about who their favorite team should draft.

I'm thinking Cam will go to Carolina, as Jimmy Clausen is their only competent QB, but even then he's only average.

For my Bears, I really don't know who we'll pick. Maybe a defensive lineman. Nick Fairley would be great, but I think he'll be a top 5 pick. I think it'll be Cam Heyward from Ohio State then.

The Cam Newton pick at number 1 overall would shock me. They would definitely sell tickets that is for sure (and hell, I'd go watch them..), but Carolina needs to rebuild it's defense and I think it could start with Fairley as the overall number 1. I see Chicago going for a WR first round - they need more playmakers on their offense.

Aside from Devin^2 (Hester and Aromashodu) Earl Bennett, and Greg Olsen, we have nothing. So I agree, we need some great wide receivers for Cutler to throw to. AJ Green is too much of a stretch and wouldn't fall all the way to #28, so I guess the best guess is Greg Little from North Carolina. He was instrumental in helping the Tar Heels get many points without a defense to stop their opponents.

Also, all the experts at NFL.com are saying Cam Newton will go #1.

Wish I could watch live, but I have night classes. Maybe I can convince my dad to record it for me. I'll not pretend that I care more about the NFL than the NCAA, but it's still interesting stuff.

Yeah, Cam most likely is going Number 1. I'll definitely be watching the draft. It'll be interesting to see where the other QBs land.

I bet the commissioner felt the love when they introduced him lol. Yep, Cam's the number one pick, as expected.

Christian Ponder taken by Minnesota is the biggest surprise right now. And Nick Fairley going to Detroit will really strengthen that defensive line.

Christian Ponder taken by Minnesota is the biggest surprise right now. And Nick Fairley going to Detroit will really strengthen that defensive line.

Yeah, before that I thought Locker might have been a bit of a reach, but Ponder definitely is the biggest surprise; could throw in Gabbert to Jags too. I bet Detroit didn't expect Fairley to drop that low though; Suh and Fairley (if Fairley pans out well) could equals best DT tandem in the league in a few years. My Rams got Robert Quinn, which I think is a pretty solid pick. Hopefully we add a offensive weapon for Bradford in the second round.

Go Eagles! Lol i was hoping the Eagles would pick CB Prince Amukamara but that didn't happen, he went to the Giants of course >:[

Eagles fans hate the Giants? Never... ;) lol.

You guys got an offensive lineman, not too bad, I guess. More protection for Vick and good for the running game. Amukamara would have been awesome for you guys though.

Eagles fans hate the Giants? Never... ;) lol.

You guys got an offensive lineman, not too bad, I guess. More protection for Vick and good for the running game. Amukamara would have been awesome for you guys though.

Hahaha! I know, he's pretty good but i'd still like to see a CB or OLB get picked. But we still got 9 more picks ;)

Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, and Pierre Thomas all on the Saints. Who stays, who leaves?

I say Reggie Bush; in terms of production on field, Pierre Thomas has done more, and it remains to be seen if Bush can actually run between the tackles. Bad thing is, Pierre gets injured alot, and Bush has that roster contract bonus (2 million I think they said), so I think it'll probably be Bush. Looks like the Bears got a lineman as well. More protection for Cutler, and he needs it lol.

We need production on both sets of linemen. Defensively, Julius Peppers is getting old. So a replacement for him would be nice to have.

Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, and Pierre Thomas all on the Saints. Who stays, who leaves?

I am leaning to Reggie Bush, but they must realize that he is a dual threat on offense, and he has his return game. They surely won't get rid of Thomas. So if not Reggie, they'll trade Chris Ivory or something.

Peppers is getting old, thats true, but I can understand them putting higher priority on the offensive line since Cutler was one of the most sacked QB's in the league. The Bears defense is still pretty good though, just everyones getting older it seems; it was pretty cool seeing Urlacher back in form though.

As a saints fan, I'm sad to say

but it think It's Pierre that goes now...

Reggie might not be the RB we wanted be he is an excellent slot and check down option back....

Now with Ingram we have our Full-time RB

there is no need for pierre anymore....