What happed to customizable health bar?

Now I haven't tested it but from what I hear, tourny code disables toasty booster and foreground objects and that's it.
Why would you like the option to turn off the bars?

cuz i have a plasma and it will reduce the chance of burn in,i spend alot of time playing this game!

I also have a Plasma and would like this feature for that same reason. It would be beneficial to turn them off every now and then during ladder play and would also add an extra challenge. But even more than that, I think the game looks more visually stunning w/ out the health bars and x-ray meter cluttering up the screen. If you notice in most of the gameplay vids prior to release the bars were not used nor are they used when the game runs in 'demo' mode and it looks frakking awesome.
Ed Boon actually replied to one of my tweets that I asked about this and said it would Absolutely be possible to hide. If you can do it during Vs. Play w/ a code I guess he was telling the truth, but I was hoping it would be in the options menu.

I have a plasma and burn in rarely occurs on newer plasma tv's, if you mean image retention then that is different unless you're using an older plasma without the image jitter option. However, I have played games such as Dragon Age for hours on end for a few weeks straight and never received a burn in, image retention yes but never a burn in so in regards to the power bars I am assuming they thought about that when making the game & probably came to the conclusion most people are playing on modern day plasma televisions.

I have a plasma and burn in rarely occurs on newer plasma tv's, if you mean image retention then that is different unless you're using an older plasma without the image jitter option. However, I have played games such as Dragon Age for hours on end for a few weeks straight and never received a burn in, image retention yes but never a burn in so in regards to the power bars I am assuming they thought about that when making the game & probably came to the conclusion most people are playing on modern day plasma televisions.

You are correct, burn-in rarely occurs with the newer sets, however some do handle it better than others. For me, IR is still a bit of an annoyance because it can hang around for awhile if you've played for several hours over multiple days. Regardless, I still think it would be awesome to be able to hide the health bars, etc.

You can turn them off in Training mode, "disable game HUD". It does make the game look more visually stunning, but after about 5 minutes you think "why the hell do I have these turned off." I found it disorientating, even in training. Without knowing it I am constantly checking the health bars, and also like to see the combo notices (which are hidden also).

Boon mentioned at one point on his twitter that the HUD was going to be scaleable so that you could resize it to fit on the screen to your liking. I for one need that option because some of the stuff gets cut off my screen. I hope it's possible for them to patch this option in. Also hope that it's on their "to-do" list.