Cheap way of completing time devotion for the "My Kung Fu is Strong" troph/ ach.

NerdyJordy

Cheap way of completing time devotion for the "My Kung Fu is Strong" troph/ ach.

Go to Training
Select Practice or double up and choose Tag Team Practice
Select your character or characters (this will also work for the selected partner as well)
Leave the game idle
Come back in a couple hours (as many as required for the 24 hour completion)
Exit to the main menu
Go to Nektropolis
Check your characters stats and voila!

I'm sure someone may have posted this but it doesn't hurt to post it again for those who might not be aware of it. Sure, it might not be the most honorable way of edging your way closer to gaining these trophies and achievements but hey, it works right?

Last edited:
Re: Cheap way of completing time devotion for the "My Kung Fu is Strong" troph/ ach.

yeh i think someone mentioned it, but it cant hurt to re-iterate.
yeh.. to do it legitamately,.. would take agessssssssssssssss

btw, my name's jordan too, just thought i'd mention that lol.

Re: Cheap way of completing time devotion for the "My Kung Fu is Strong" troph/ ach.

Yay for Jordans!
On topic : Thanks for the tip, dude. Will do.

Indeed, practice does count towards time played. I was a bit disappointed it didn't count towards blood spilled and x-rays performed, but as of yet I don't know of any reason why one would need to go after any of those milestones they put into the Nekropolis.

Would be interested to hear from someone what "happens" when you get each one for a character, if only to confirm my suspicion that it's nothing.

Some people are so lazy and/or impatient.

the real question is.. is there something unlocked for every fighter completed? or once they are all completed ? do you get something hopefully more rewarding then a 4th mileena costume.....

Not all trophies/achievements are meant to be had the week a game releases. Some people are funny. This one rewards replayability. Long term.

this should only be used for characters you never play as

this should only be used for characters you never play as

Thats what im gonna do, use this on chars like Sheeva *eeeuuurrgghh*

Last edited:

Yeah that is 672 hours. This achievement would take years! If I just 'happened' to unlock it because characters like Scorpion I do not go out of my way and pick.

Hmmm I mastered Smoke today, but didnt get the Achievment or something Else. :(

Got it After my Next Fatality.

Last edited:

But can't that damage your game console?

Last edited:

But can't that damgae your game console?

Absolutely, I really do hate the "Stronger" trophy because it will either ruin replay value or your console.

Hmmm I mastered Smoke today, but didnt get the Achievment or something Else. :(
If you let it sit for the time devotion, play an arcade round and perform a fatality. It did that too me as well.

Is burning out your console really worth one achievement?

Is burning out your console really worth one achievement?

This^^^
Plus, wouldn't it feel more like an achievement if you actually put effort into it? hmm? =P

Last edited:

Well this trophy/achievement is just ridiculously stupid and tedious since you have to play for 24 HOURS with each person. I've beaten the Arcade Ladder, all of story mode, and Challenge Tower for Scorpion and his time devotion was only at 40 minutes. 40 MINUTES! How is this trophy/achievement even possible?!

Well this trophy/achievement is just ridiculously stupid and tedious since you have to play for 24 HOURS with each person. I've beaten the Arcade Ladder, all of story mode, and Challenge Tower for Scorpion and his time devotion was only at 40 minutes. 40 MINUTES! How is this trophy/achievement even possible?!

It's possible. Just extremely time consuming and, like you said, tedious

I would rather master the characters the legit way rather than attempt to burn up my console and run up my light bill.

I've actually mastered two characters so far. But yeah, mastering everyone is going to be a big pain in the arse. I can't see myself playing 24 hours of kratos ever. I've only played him through arcade because I wanted to play through it with all chars, not gonna touch him again though.

I've actually mastered two characters so far. But yeah, mastering everyone is going to be a big pain in the arse. I can't see myself playing 24 hours of kratos ever. I've only played him through arcade because I wanted to play through it with all chars, not gonna touch him again though.
^^
THIS.
I'm skipping the "My Kung Fu Is Stronger" Trophy, because I won't "Master" EVERYONE.
I ONLY played as Kratos vs Shao Kahn, to get his ending, in order to get the "Arcade Champion" trophy.

Aside from that, I'll NEVER use Kratos again, so this trophy is pointless to me.