How Much Should DLC Be?

400 msp a character is too much, in my opinion. That's what MvC3 charged and plenty of people were upset about that. $10 for two characters? I think 200 msp would be reasonable, but that could just be I don't buy a lot of DLC to begin with.

400 msp a character is too much, in my opinion. That's what MvC3 charged and plenty of people were upset about that. $10 for two characters? I think 200 msp would be reasonable, but that could just be I don't buy a lot of DLC to begin with.

Yes Atleast There Another Person That Agrees With Me Thank You Shffl

$1 or $2 per character is my guess. Ed Boon did say he wanted DLC characters to be very cheap. It's relieving to hear that, considering how much DLC characters cost in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I could do 320 msp as well. But I think 400 or above is too much. I'd probably still buy at least Skarlet, though. Really looking forward to her.

$4 for a pack of costumes which were already on the disk was NOT a good price. It should have been free. Anyone that bought ANY of those costume packs should be ashamed of themselves

I second that rip off never bought any of it well said

This thread is pointless because I very much doubt that anybody knows in what shape or form DLC will be released in.... Some of it is going to be free as previously stated will it be an expansion pack? or individual drips and drabs of DLC? perhaps both but whatever you think is a reasonable price fine it's not going to change the price tag on xblah or psn. how about you make up your mind then to see if you think it's reasonable

Lol...MvC3 charged $5 per character, BlazeBlu charged $7 per character. SSF4 charges $1.33 per costume pack (3 costumes per pack), $15 for the whole set. Call of Duty charges $15 for 4 maps (5 maps if you count the zombie map in Back Ops). In both BO & MW2 they had rehashed maps.

So DLC is always more than it should be, if the game is popular enough, people pay it regardless.

Here's the price I want them to be (at most):

Two Character Pack $5 (but will probably be $10 or $8 ).
Individual Characters $3 (but will probably be $6 or $5).

Four Stage Pack $6 (but will probably be $12 or $15).
Individual Stages $2 (but will probably be $3, $4, or $5).

Alternate Costume Pack $10 (but will probably be $15 or $20).
Four Character Costume Pack $1 or $2 (but will probably be $4 or $5).

Fatality Pack (I don't see them doing singles or partial packs for this) $10 (but will probably be $15).

Last edited:
I second that rip off never bought any of it well said

This thread is pointless because I very much doubt that anybody knows in what shape or form DLC will be released in.... Some of it is going to be free as previously stated will it be an expansion pack? or individual drips and drabs of DLC? perhaps both but whatever you think is a reasonable price fine it's not going to change the price tag on xblah or psn. how about you make up your mind then to see if you think it's reasonable

How is this thread pointless? We're on a MK forum, which is for discussion. We are discussing what we feel are accurate prices, not how NRS will release their DLC. This isn't a thread telling NRS what they should charge.
I also see no problem with buying the SF4 costumes. If you like it, buy it. If you hate it, don't. I personally didn't buy them because I didn't think they looked good, but if they did I'm sure I would've purchased them.

Free - IMO

but no profit so individual Sale depending on the Content.

Character's $10
Moves: $1-10
Fatalities: up to $20
Alternative Costumes: roughly $10

IMO

MvC3 had Shuma-Gorath and Jill for $5/400 MP each. So, that would be a good and reasonable price that I'd pay for. As for the costumes, if they offered them in packs of like, four or five retro costumes for a decent price, I'd buy them too.

i dont give a **** what the dlc packs for costumes fatalities or wtv ... its mk... guys ill pay wtv the price ****inn is.... mk owns all ****in mk9 godliest game ever.

$4 for a pack of costumes which were already on the disk was NOT a good price. It should have been free. Anyone that bought ANY of those costume packs should be ashamed of themselves

Really? So What If Some Big #1 Fan Of SF4 wanted these costumes but couldnt be bothering wasting time unlocking every characters costumes?You`re Also Saying Any Early Access DLC Is A Waste Of Money.