Anyone taking a break until PSN i back up?

i dnt understand why people are happy, cuz psn is down.... oh it gives me more time to learn combos and all that crap! U can learn a 100% combo on the training mode... but what makes you a good(Advanced)player is the ability to see straight through your opponents strentghs right into his weakness to gain adavantage of him in the match, learn when to strike and when to defend, sadly we can do develop those techniques by playing different people with different styles....

i know many people who read my post will prob say "GTFO with ur martial arts crap blah blah blah" but its true u can ask any top Fighter gamer... big flashy combos should be the last thing you should learn, but first learn how ur opoment move then counter it

EDIT: oh yh i forgot to answer the question asked lol!! yh i def am taking a break im vry bored of playing the ladder! i finished the story mode! and im on the last challenge tower, though after i found out the price of going through a MONOTONOUS 300 challenges i couldnt care less about it!!!!

though playing test your luck is still rather fun!

Last edited:
I've jus been doing trophys/offline stuff and learning my main and sub more. Also been working on a Jade (my main) guide thread. I don't know how long I'll continue to play offline though. I desire human opponents so being limited to only training and AI isn't really my cup of tea.

it's freakin' 2011....games NOT played online are quite boring. there is a reason COD and Battlefield and sports games are topping the list of most played games.

people want to compete against real humans, not AI.

MK is going to die quickly if their online service isn't up to par.

Unfortunately with finals I haven't gotten to play it much! It's a good thing that PSN is down too.. less temptation to stray from the studies.

I'll still be playing MK; finishing up the Challenge Tower, replaying Story Mode, and then afterwards I'll try to unlock all the different endings in ladder mode. Plus I'm finding out new things in Practice mode, so I'll still be occupied with MK until PSN is back up. I might throw in some other games every now and then though.

I'm glad I own a 360 and a ps3, I picked up both versions. I sold my ps3 version but I'll get it back when the PSN is back up

i dnt understand why people are happy, cuz psn is down.... oh it gives me more time to learn combos and all that crap! U can learn a 100% combo on the training mode... but what makes you a good(Advanced)player is the ability to see straight through your opponents strentghs right into his weakness to gain adavantage of him in the match, learn when to strike and when to defend, sadly we can do develop those techniques by playing different people with different styles....

i know many people who read my post will prob say "GTFO with ur martial arts crap blah blah blah" but its true u can ask any top Fighter gamer... big flashy combos should be the last thing you should learn, but first learn how ur opoment move then counter it

EDIT: oh yh i forgot to answer the question asked lol!! yh i def am taking a break im vry bored of playing the ladder! i finished the story mode! and im on the last challenge tower, though after i found out the price of going through a MONOTONOUS 300 challenges i couldnt care less about it!!!!

though playing test your luck is still rather fun!

You misunderstand what we are learning the combos for my friend. I learn these combos so if my opponent makes a mistake that makes him vulnerable, I will know how to properly punish him for doing so. I mean do I want to uppercut somebody because they make a mistake and do 8% damage or do I want to punish them by taking around half of their heath away from that one mistake? I think choice is pretty obvious. Combos are not to be "flashy" as you say but to know how to properly punish enemy mistakes...

I am playing offline right now. I really don't kare if I am pro good with everyone. As long as I am good with three people, I am good. My three are Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Kabal. My brother wants me to story mode for him under his account. I am glad to kause I love the story:DD.

PS3 gets Kratos, Xbox gets Online. Flawless Victory :D

No thats win for Xbox. MK doesn't need guest.

You misunderstand what we are learning the combos for my friend. I learn these combos so if my opponent makes a mistake that makes him vulnerable, I will know how to properly punish him for doing so. I mean do I want to uppercut somebody because they make a mistake and do 8% damage or do I want to punish them by taking around half of their heath away from that one mistake? I think choice is pretty obvious. Combos are not to be "flashy" as you say but to know how to properly punish enemy mistakes...

Not particular... u can punish ur opponent mistakes with a simple combo... take sonya for example my main kombatant... when somone makes a mistake ill punish them with a 30%+ combo that i very easily leant in an hour on the first day... not i know much much more cooler longer and better combos, that arent applyable to any situation... I know for sure, just by sheer experience some1 who can do a 4hit 20% combos will beat anyone how can do a 16 hit combo 55%+ and dont know how to apply the combo in action... and one more thing i know that most combos i make up with sonya will only be used against a noob... but will mostly use bread and butter combos against some1 of my skill or more...

Not particular... u can punish ur opponent mistakes with a simple combo... take sonya for example my main kombatant... when somone makes a mistake ill punish them with a 30%+ combo that i very easily leant in an hour on the first day... not i know much much more cooler longer and better combos, that arent applyable to any situation... I know for sure, just by sheer experience some1 who can do a 4hit 20% combos will beat anyone how can do a 16 hit combo 55%+ and dont know how to apply the combo in action... and one more thing i know that most combos i make up with sonya will only be used against a noob... but will mostly use bread and butter combos against some1 of my skill or more...

Of course your not going to bring the 13, 15 or 17 hit combos out every time the opponent makes a mistake, that's just common sense. There are ,however, times you will need these types of combos to turn the tide of a fight. I know 4 hit, 5 hit, 6 hit, 7 hit, 8 hit, 9 hit, 10 hit, 11 hit, 13 hit, 15 hit, 17 hit combos with smoke. of course most of the time I'm going to use the 4-10 hit combos, but there are times those longer more damaging combos are needed. I know when to pull each and every one of them out and when to keep them on the backburner.

You seem to think that it's not possible for someone to know how to use small shorter combos and longer more powerful combos.

I am playing offline right now. I really don't kare if I am pro good with everyone. As long as I am good with three people, I am good. My three are Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Kabal. My brother wants me to story mode for him under his account. I am glad to kause I love the story:DD.

No thats win for Xbox. MK doesn't need guest.

ALDO >:O thats what I meant :) (ps3) Kratos < (360) Online

PS3 version has online too. A problem just came up for a few days or weeks, and that problem will end soon. What's a week or two in the life of a game that just came out? There's a lot of time for online play untill MK10 is even announced.

So...

(PS3) Kratos + Online > (Xbox 360) Online.

This PSN temporary situation will not change that.

I've just been trying to master Kitana and beating Arcade Mode with more characters. I've already beaten Story Mode and Challenge Tower.

If anything, the lack of online gave me the opportunity to beat the 300 Challenge and the ladder with all of the characters ^_^

I just need to Master everyone then it's just 6-8 online trophies til Platinum!

PS3 version has online too. A problem just came up for a few days or weeks, and that problem will end soon. What's a week or two in the life of a game that just came out? There's a lot of time for online play untill MK10 is even announced.

So...

(PS3) Kratos + Online > (Xbox 360) Online.

This PSN temporary situation will not change that.

=_= doesn't have it right now son :D Im happy with out kratos btw.

I'm practicing my ermac and kung lao/quanchi. cant wait to be back may 3rd with a tag team of sorcery or just a shaolin and a sorcerer the randomest tag team i can think of.