Jason and Freddy Rumor Discussion

Re: Rumor: Freddy and Jason to Engage in Mortal Kombat

They would be an interesting "trivia" characters. I actually find them more fitting for Mortal Kombat.

I'd rather have Ash of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. His humor would be great.

Alternate costume: Evil Ash.

I may not have to buy the DLC, but I would still have to look at it online.

So if they released this, you would go online and look at it, cursing it? Seriously dude, boo-hoo. It's DLC, you don't have to touch it.

I love how people hate seeing crossovers into a game full of Ninja's, Cyborg Ninja's, Cops, and 4 armed chicks. The game already has the wackiest array of characters, who cares about a dude with a mask or Kabal with a hat?

This idea is dumb. I'm amazed at the number of people that are for this idea. Freddy and Jason are serial killers from horror movies. They were never designed to be fighting game characters. So if Disney bought Netherrealm, you guys would all be totally cool with playing Jack Sparrow, right? Or maybe the Prince of Persia! He'd be a great Mortal Kombat character!

Sigh..

they would still be better than kratos

also, I think people forget Freddy is supposed to me a child molester. not that I'm trying to make a point, its just a bit strange with that in mind now.

No. No they wouldn't be. Kratos was made for battle. In a game that focuses around battle. That is why he has a plethora of weapons. Jason was made to scare people. In a movie that focuses around random moments that scare you. He has a machete.. and he's scary.. and that's it. How is that fitting for Mortal Kombat?

Tell me, what is he going to do for his projectile? Throw his only weapon? What are his specials going to be? Various ways of spinning around with his only weapon? Great. I can't wait to play a Baraka clone.

At least Baraka is a great concept, born with his blades in his forearms. Jason is some out of shape guy holding his blade. Teenagers figured out how to kill him. And he's supposed to be a great match for the MK cast to battle?

Not mad. Just surprised that there are people who support this fairly lame idea.

Last edited:

also, I think people forget Freddy is supposed to me a child molester. not that I'm trying to make a point, its just a bit strange with that in mind now.
I forgot that Freddy was a molester... Anyway, I think Kratos is a better fit. A Demi-God with a plethora of weapons that I think make some cool special moves. I specifically remember playing God of War for the first time and thinking "This guy seems like he could be in Mortal Kombat." My only problem with him was that he needs some major damage tweaking.

Wow lol. So this was a "serious" rumor? I heard some people talk about it but I've never seen this thread before today. This is too funney.

Fun fact: When Tom was asked about this DLC rumor 2 weeks ago, he laughed pretty hard and felt embarassed.

He said: "You guys wanna put me in trouble! I CAN'T TALK about DLC stuff!"

People on stream: "omg Tom can't talk = CONFIRMED. Freddy and Jason are coming, get hype!"

lol

Freddy/Jason ideas

Stuff that would be awesome included in the DLC pack if rumor is true

FREDDY
Stages
Elm Street with the Elm Street house in the background
Freddy's Boiler Room

Costumes
Original Freddy
Demon Freddy (when he gets pissed off like in Freddy Vs. Jason)

JASON
Stages
Crystal Lake Dock
Crystal Lake Cabin
Crystal Lake Woods

Costumes
Original Jason
Burlap Sack Jason
Mecha Jason

Feel free to post your special moves and fatality ideas and other ideas as well...

It's DLC.. Let the people who want it get it, and let the others ignore it. WB isn't ruining the game by adding optional characters

It's DLC.. Let the people who want it get it, and let the others ignore it. WB isn't ruining the game by adding optional characters

It takes away the integrity,

All I'm going to say, I've been over this dozens of times with the Kratos crap.

No. No they wouldn't be. Kratos was made for battle. In a game that focuses around battle. That is why he has a plethora of weapons. Jason was made to scare people. In a movie that focuses around random moments that scare you. He has a machete.. and he's scary.. and that's it. How is that fitting for Mortal Kombat?

Tell me, what is he going to do for his projectile? Throw his only weapon? What are his specials going to be? Various ways of spinning around with his only weapon? Great. I can't wait to play a Baraka clone.

At least Baraka is a great concept, born with his blades in his forearms. Jason is some out of shape guy holding his blade. Teenagers figured out how to kill him. And he's supposed to be a great match for the MK cast to battle?

Not mad. Just surprised that there are people who support this fairly lame idea.
Thats pretty funny if you ask me. There are so many clones in the mortal kombat universe it isnt even funny. Incase people have forgotten it is a rumor for a HALLOWEEN SPECIAL. So obviously it will be iconic horror movie classics.

Freddy's stage should be 234 Elm Street.

Toy Story fans see what I did there?

I Hate crossovers but I love Gust Characters.
And I love Kratos and Freddy so I'd love to see freddy in any game :D (as long as it has Edlund's face not that 2010 actor)

DO WANT!!!! Again haters gonna hate! I love freddy and Jason and for Halloween it makes sense. Im all for it!

I AM 100% with you! Im not a huge fan of Jason, BUT I loveeeeeeeeeeeee Freddy! And Freddy works really well in MUGEN so he shouldn't have trouble in Mortal Kombat. Hes a fast little slasher! His FATALITY would be sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk I bet. NRS already has a shit load of fatalities they could work with using the NOES collection. Same with Jason and the FT13th films. Freddy's alternate costume could be his look from Wes Cravens: New Nightmare, and Jasons could be how he looks in Jason X (Half machine).

I Hate crossovers but I love Gust Characters.
And I love Kratos and Freddy so I'd love to see freddy in any game :D (as long as it has Edlund's face not that 2010 actor)

Yea, the new Freddy looks like a retard (handicapped). They better use Robert Englund's face AND actions! As for Jason, I don't care who they use.

Freddy's stage should be 234 Elm Street.

You mean 1428* Elm, not 234

:p

OMG, Neo would be PERFECT.

The XRAYS are ALREADY like something out of the Matrix. COULD. YOU. IMAGINE.

Hell, I'll go one step further and say, Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, AND Agent Smith haha

This would ALSO be awesome!

Hhahaha, I'm a huge Mortal Kombat, Freddy Krueger, Matrix, and Aliens (and AvP 1) fan! I love that kind of stuff! SO DO IT NRS! Bring Freddy and Jason into the game! That would make my life complete! Muahhaha!

:p

Last edited: