Jason and Freddy Rumor Discussion

Re: Rumor: Freddy and Jason to Engage in Mortal Kombat

Freddy and Jason huh..? sounds a little.........corny.Like a cheap ass gimmick.But like dude above me said its not like it is being forced on you and if it sells poorly we can be assured they wont appear in any future MK games.

I would be a little upset if deserving MK characters like Rain get passed up for gimmicks like Freddy & Jason.Also,which version Freddy and Jason would we get? Would we get the new Freddy or the old school one? would we get old school,Jason X,or the newer Jason?

Last edited:

*Cries and sobs* I WANT RICK TAYLOR :'( *Sniffle*

Or Ashley Williams, but mostly Rick Taylor.

Wow if that actually happened I think it would be one of the coolest things to happen in gaming history... which = NOT GOING TO HAPPEN :(

Freddy and Jason huh..? sounds a little.........corny.Like a cheap ass gimmick.But like dude above me said its not like it is being forced on you and if it sells poorly we can be assured they wont appear in any future MK games.

I would be a little upset if deserving MK characters like Rain get passed up for gimmicks like Freddy & Jason.Also,which version Freddy and Jason would we get? Would we get the new Freddy or the old school one? would we get old school,Jason X,or the newer Jason?

I would assume we get the newer versions since Warner Brothers owns both franchises now and just recently put out brand new moves for both franchises

I would assume we get the newer versions since Warner Brothers owns both franchises now and just recently put out brand new moves for both franchises
They will probably have two costumes, one which is their newer look, the other which is their klassic look.

Jason has the hockey mask, Freddy is the finger dude, right?

Exactly... with Ed Boons pretty much confirmation that more guest characters were coming via DLC I am fully expecting Jason and Freddy this October. And if anyone has a problem with that... there are 3 things you can do

1. Dont buy the DLC
2. Stop crying
3. Deal with it

Exactly. To be honest I think they will fit in very well. Alot better than kratos has, not to mention they freaking brought yoda and darth vadar in.... I'd rather see jason and freddy over darth vadar and yoda any day "P

3. Deal with it
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

How would they fit? Jason wouldn't have any special powers, Freddy wouldn't have very many considering he can't do anything outside of a dream, All they would have is a weapon, And cool fatalities.

kratos doesnt have any special powers really, and they managed to make him a fully playable character

IMHO,I prefer my MK pure.no gimmick characters(MK9 certainly DOES NOT need them it is doing just fine w\o them),and no characters from other game franchises.but to each his\her own! :)

Having Freddy and Jason would be the nuts.

Don't get me wrong, I like my MK to be MK but these two can do nothing but add to what we already have.

Like DaFunk says (add) it's really a win win situation. If you don't like them you don't have to use them :)

I dont know. Darth Vader vs. Yoda in Soul Caliber 4 is pretty tight.

I think everyone is missing prob a very important point in this post.

WB is going ALL OUT for MK dlc. To me this could mean, not only Freddy and Jason, but a whole host of other items for the MK community.

While im so so on Thr Freddy and Jason idea I am super thrilled to hear that wb wants to put a lot into this game

I think everyone is missing prob a very important point in this post.

WB is going ALL OUT for MK dlc. To me this could mean, not only Freddy and Jason, but a whole host of other items for the MK community.

While im so so on Thr Freddy and Jason idea I am super thrilled to hear that wb wants to put a lot into this game

I will accept your view on this topic Sir, only because your avatar has me in stitches lol. Quality.