Jason and Freddy Rumor Discussion

Re: Rumor: Freddy and Jason to Engage in Mortal Kombat

To be honest it wouldn't have been that bad had the whole Kratos deal not already been done as they would've probably fit in pretty well. Again, look back at Soul Calibur 4 with the Star Wars characters and also the fact that they are under WB now it really would've been a possibility. I'm a big Freddy & Jason fan though and even if it's stretching it to have that many guests I still probably would sucker in on this sadly enough but it wouldn't ruin my fun knowing it's still MK and not MK vs F&J vs GOW.

only 2 horror icons that can fit in mk is pinhead and ASH.

I'm still against the whole idea of guest characters and non-MK characters in MK, but I have to admit, I'd probably buy Ash if he was in there. I don't think I'd be able to resist that, cos Ash is just too damn awesome. And his alternate outfit could be Evil Ash from Army of Darkness! Ah the possibilities.

Mortal kombat is the only fighting game, that can pull this off...
all i'm afraid is, there's just too many other non-mk fighters that will fit in this game, that mk is going to be saturated with them, and it's just going to water down the mortal kombat vibe. But MK vs DC should have been MK vs Horror (Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, Leatherface, ohh shooooot, there's gonna be gore and fatalities for suree!)

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! I LOVE FREDDY KRUEGER! He would be the only character i would choose from then on

:D

Not too big of a fan of Jason though...

I love me some Freddy but doubt this is true

OMG, Neo would be PERFECT.

The XRAYS are ALREADY like something out of the Matrix. COULD. YOU. IMAGINE.

Hell, I'll go one step further and say, Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, AND Agent Smith haha

Yeah but if he had a teleport it would be too much like sektor's. But i think Neo could be a cool character

freddy n jason would be pretty kool ,,,,hey put backbackback low punch in there 2 so i can finally kick his a55

ok since we are throwing out who we want for dlc....i call a "predator" they are ****ing sweet and are brutal killing machines...and 2 characters already have invisibility so thats a move right there

Lol this is the fakest rumor ever :p they wont be and if they do (what is more than impossible) it would be an epic fail.

Though i think Predator would be an awesome dlc but i doubt NRS takes the guest risk again, copyrights are expensive and people doesnt like it.

I think it would be fun. It would be hard to convince me otherwise that the Elm Street and Friday the 13th franchises didn't directly influence the Mortal Kombat series. Jason with his grittier kills, and Freddy with his more fantasy based kills. Mortal Kombat 1 was the movie Enter The Dragon with some 80's horror-style splatter. Especially around MK3, with Jax turning several stories tall and stomping on characters (although I didn't like that direction), that just feels like a Freddy style dream kill to me.

As to them not "fitting in," to an extent I see people's point. But in some respects, I don't either. After all, Mortal Kombat has monks like Liu Kang and Kung Lao facing fantasy beasts like Baraka & Kintaro, along with cyborgs like Sektor & Cyrax tossed in the mix. It has the undead Scorpion teleporting into Hell as a victory stance, as well as a dinosaur looking character named Reptile.

I prefer them as DLC instead of on disc, of course... Gimmicky cross-overs are easier for me to swallow when they're optional content made to give the game legs down the road. Soul Calibur with Yoda seemed off-putting, for example. Halloween seems like an unrealistic time frame, as MK will be an older game by then. So I don't necessarily believe the rumors, but I'd probably download them if it turned out to be true. Again, I think it would be fun.

It probably helps that I'm a fan of the horror genre, though. Although character suggestions like the Predator and Neo make me cringe, for some reason. THEY don't seem to fit, to me, and they can stay away from my MK.

I'm still against the whole idea of guest characters and non-MK characters in MK, but I have to admit, I'd probably buy Ash if he was in there. I don't think I'd be able to resist that, cos Ash is just too damn awesome. And his alternate outfit could be Evil Ash from Army of Darkness! Ah the possibilities.

That would be too bad ass! Ash would fit perfectly. And given that evil dead deals with the necronomicon he could get sucked into the netherrealm or outworld through the book. And his fatalities could revolve around his BoomStick and Chainsaw arm. Screw Freddy and jason give me Ash!

As far as characters not fitting in I understand some peoples stance of, its MK I only want MK characters and thats understandable. But if from a story and asthetic point of view a character could fit into MK I wouldnt be against it. I think Kratos fits MK perfect. Hes a brutal warrior type character that looks kinda like an MK character(Quan Chi). People *****ed about him but throw out NEO and theyre like hell yeah? Matrix characters dont fit asthetically or stylistically. They arent brutal or violent not sayin they arent cool but I dont see that working. And Sektors teleport looking like binary code doesnt justify that one for me nor does the subway stage bein like the one in the matrix. It looks like that in MK and the Matrix because thats what subway platforms look like. If anything id like to see either Horror icons or more Video game characters that would fit in to the universe better. Like Hades or the sisters of fate from G.O.W. or Dante from Dantes Inferno. Jack from MadWorld and the upcoming Anarchy Reigns or Travis Touchdown from No more heroes. Castlevania characters would fit well also. If NRS gave X-Box an exclusive then wed be even on fighters then stick to 3rd party cross platform characters for other guest fighters. That way both systems got the same stuff. And new MK characters as well. This could be cool if they use the right type of characters and its not a mad dash for some money by just throwin random characters in the game they know people will buy just because. so if they do decide to move forward with more non MK kombatants it will either make or break this game. So I hope NRS takes the time to choose characters that would add to the experience and not do it for cash. As much as id like to see these types of characters in a game Id rather they give us more MK characters and maybe take the idea of another crossover like MK vs. Horror or a whole new fighting game featuring pop cultures biggest bad asses and make an entirely new franchise using the MK fighting engine instead. But thats just my opinion.

I want Mario as a DLC, Could you imagine the x-ray? He could jump on your head to crack your skull, then jump on your skull again to crack it even more? Imagine the sweet special moves, he could jump on your head. The Fatality, he could jump on your head and smash your skull, then the second fatality, he could jump on your head and smash your head, then jump again to smash your torso, then jump one more time to smash whats left. Gimmie a break, leave these cheesy horror guys out of MK.

But, Ash and Predator would be amazing :D

Haters are gonna hate, but the truth is Boon clearly stated at E3 that he had some big plans for bringing characters into the MK Universe. It may not be as far-fetched as it sounds..

Haters are gonna hate, but the truth is Boon clearly stated at E3 that he had some big plans for bringing characters into the MK Universe. It may not be as far-fetched as it sounds..

Exactly... with Ed Boons pretty much confirmation that more guest characters were coming via DLC I am fully expecting Jason and Freddy this October. And if anyone has a problem with that... there are 3 things you can do

1. Dont buy the DLC
2. Stop crying
3. Deal with it