kintaro playable and 600 challange missions!?!!

shaokahn1211

1) If you look on ed boons twitter you will see that someone asked him to add more challange tower missions. He replied with a comment saying they originally planned for 600-1000 missions. and then with a ;)

This makes a lot of sense because the award for the 300 was so shitty.

2) This makes me believe that kintaro can easily be an unlockable for the next 300! Why?
Well i just don't get why he would have been published in a magazine saying he was playable/ dlc. I think he will be unlockable through the Downloadable missions!

To be honest, I don't even think bosses are over-powered in this game in terms of gameplay, they just do insane damage to your health bar because if their damage was normal, they'd be pretty balanced.

Plus, I am sure the best prize ever-thing they meant was indeed Mileena's costume. We should get over it...

No. Never. Unlockable bosses ruin competitive play and I hope they never return in any Mortal Kombat ever. For that matter I hope the challenge tower never returns either. I personally found it insanely boring to go through, and i'm glad i'm done with it.

I hope bosses wont be playable, they are silly, boring and slow. And dont let to do a fair fight in competitions or versus.

I am extremely disappointed by bosses in this game.
They're totally crap to be honest.

Honestly? Make them playable online. With those moves, silly animations and unimpressive combos with normal damage, they are going to be extremely hard to use for whoever plays them. They are even affected by almost every special move in the game :|

Yeah, I'm not up for playable bosses. I think it really does affect balance in games and it takes away from everything the bosses built up in the Story Mode, Arcade Ladders, and the Challenge Tower. I would be cool with more challenges though, I didn't find the Challenge Tower boring at all, I enjoyed almost all of the time I've sunk into it.

I always want playable bosses. Keep them offline I don't care as long as they can go through the ladder. Playing as shao khan will never get old

As I see, too many guys just cant accept that the prize for the 300 chanllenge is actually a alt, and not a unlockeable fighter.

I would love to play as boss characters. if needed, keep them offline. Kintaro annoys me to death fighting him, so I would feel somewhat better spamming the same moves back at the computer LOL

as for the challenge tower, I am over it. If they release more levels just keep them buy-able. I'll play the creative ones and skip the annoying ones.

I would like to see more story mode chapters personally

We're all disappointed in the Challenge Tower "Major Reward" but it's time to move on. Whatever you've been hearing about DLC bosses is thus far BS.

Honestly, if they gave us DLC bosses I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't mind, either. They can very easily just not allow them to be used in versus mode, save them for single player only. Gotta balance it somehow.

No. Never. Unlockable bosses ruin competitive play and I hope they never return in any Mortal Kombat ever. For that matter I hope the challenge tower never returns either. I personally found it insanely boring to go through, and i'm glad i'm done with it.

Even if it's true, do you really think they'll even be tournament legal? No tourney runner is gonna do 600 challenges on various consoles just to unlock him, hell, even just Quan Chi and CSZ are time-consuming.

Bosses should be playable but for offline only cuz I dont want to fight bosses all the time online, screw that, but still dont see a reason why we cant play as them offline and I want to be able to morph into anyone as Shang Tsung, even if its just for offline to mess around with. That would be awesome to do that and to do anyone's fatalities also.

I respect NRS a ton for keeping bosses unplayable, they are meant to be menacing and a challenge and dumbing them down for multiplayer (which I see being the only logical thing to do so it levels the playing field) makes a mockery out of the whole concept of bosses.

Bosses could easily be balanced. [People are kidding themselves saying Bosses=uncompetitive] Yeah right. Ever heard of Dizzy, Justice from Guilty Gear? How about Seth, M. Bison from Street Fighter?

Shao Kahn has been nerfed enough that even his Rhino Charge is easy to counter. [His anti-air version one] is easily stopped with a jump punch exactly as he launches upward.

Kintaro and Goro are only overpowered with Shao Kahn due to the super armour, and that could easily be removed to make them playable along with given standard combos.

Why people don't want them playable seems kind of silly when all games are doing it these days, and making bosses balanced play wise but broken AI Vs. wise.

Give my my Shao Kahn, I want to use him in a tourney. Especially with the ability to taunt.

Boss players wouldn't be bad on arcade and versus only
you cant help but want to play with them
but obviously not online though
then it would be abused beyond belief

If the bosses were balanced they wouldn't be abused online. I don't get how people don't get this.

If you make Shao Kahn on the balance level of the other characters, nobody would use them over another character because they'd be just like every other character. Sure casuals would at first try to abuse them but upon finding them to be balanced they'd drop them like a brick in water. Then you'd start only seeing people who really like the character playing as them, even then every game has an over used character and sometimes it is based on popularity contrary to belief.

yeah i agree with some of the others ^^^

they're shouldn't be unlockable bosses cause they do crazy damage and it would just ruin gameplay.