Am i the only one that wants Shao Kahn as DLC?

No!!! jesus CHRIST NO!!! Imagine noobs using him online with his freaking 60% damage X-ray? U want that? Noooooo thanks!

If they were playable, they wouldn't be the exact same character as the CPU uses I am sure. Just for balancing reasons.
People have brought it up before, but Seth from SFIV is a good example. CPU Seth deals out more damage and is also more resistant to hits.

So to play him effectively requires a strategy poke and run....CPU Seth doesn't have to worry about that he can just crush you.

Probably a way to neuter some of the boss characters would be something similar, or even things like putting a slight delay on special moves, or slow down their projectiles etc.

Look at the CPU bosses in the original Street Fighter 2, they could do their special moves (M.Bison in particular) with out any charge time, and that made them particularly nasty.

So the bosses can be made playable and balanced, but you could still have a 'fear' factor when going up against a cpu boss, because you know they would be overpowered.

I *might* would buy the boss characters if they were overhauled to be good player characters. But I wouldn't waste my money just so I can plow through Arcade mode (and fight Shao Khan at the end?), or maybe play around with it once or twice with my friends in VS. If it came with that, that would be fine. But I don't think it's worth the download.

Last time I was playing MK3 on my friend's computer, playing as Motaro got old fast.

NPC online I understand, but what's the harm of screwing around with them in SP mode? Not like you have to use them right? I would just like to have the option, I want to see they're portraits on that select screen. Offline only, and optional DLC everybody wins.

There is no real harm, but there's no real benefit, either. Half the point of a fighting game is to fight against other people, so unless they made Khan non-broken and not completely weird to operate (I don't think any of the NPC bosses kick, which is weird to me), fighting against another player wouldn't be fun for very long.

Also, this is supposed to be a dedicated fighting game, and having broken/over-powered characters nerfs that idea.
You no comprende?
Do you require the definition of optional?

you morons do realize if they made him playable that he wouldnt have the super armor or his moves wouldnt do as much damage.im sure he would get a heavy nerf to balance him out.people saying they dont want boss characters palyable based on how op their cpu versions are just plain stupid.

You no comprende?
Do you require the definition of optional?

I understood what you meant, but they're not gonna do that. (Boon made this pretty clear, but that's kinda besides the point of this thread.) One of the biggest draws to this game is the online aspect, so I don't see them spending time and money on DLC that most people aren't gonna buy. YOU may think it would be cool to have them playable in offline only, but there are plenty of scrubs that you then whine to NRS about him not being available online so they an "kick everyone's ass".

It's also a purity thing. Bosses should be non-playable, IMO.

They could just reduce his damage and HP to that of regular characters. Make him throwable and removes all the immunities and unblockables from his attacks and Shao kahn would be fine as a playable character imo.

In Other words...
you morons do realize if they made him playable that he wouldnt have the super armor or his moves wouldnt do as much damage.im sure he would get a heavy nerf to balance him out.people saying they dont want boss characters palyable based on how op their cpu versions are just plain stupid.

EXACTLY!

I'm surprised that most of the people doesnt want him as a playable character. Just like some of you said, he will definetly be balanced and not as superior like when he's CPU. Don't you just wanna press the "taunt" button when you beat your opponents^^ And god his first fatality...i want it! One of the best fatalitys in the game.

Not in his current incarnation as uber leet hammer boss.

As a balanced DLC character? Sure.

I understood what you meant, but they're not gonna do that. (Boon made this pretty clear, but that's kinda besides the point of this thread.) One of the biggest draws to this game is the online aspect, so I don't see them spending time and money on DLC that most people aren't gonna buy. YOU may think it would be cool to have them playable in offline only, but there are plenty of scrubs that you then whine to NRS about him not being available online so they an "kick everyone's ass".

It's also a purity thing. Bosses should be non-playable, IMO.
I think your speculating too much, I'll bet everyone 'including you' would get the boss unlock DLC if there was one.
There is no way in hell bosses would be selectable in normal online play, that's not even a remote possibility lol, it's also not a very good reason to oppose playable bosses in SP.
And you want to keep your MK experience pure? Easy enough don't get the would be DLC
'hence optional'.
If anyone were to find these terms unacceptable well they would just be malcontents.

Well I put it a bit gentler than that.... but yeah :D