Challenge #185

Kelsper

I'm having trouble with this one - this is the one where you have to beat Sheeva, Goro and Kintaro on one life bar (gains some life after each fighter) with Baraka.

First of all, I really suck as Baraka. I get past Sheeva easy, but I don't know how to beat Goro and Kintaro.

I think crouch blocking and uppercutting should work? I'm pretty sure thats what I did. Do you get health refills?

I think crouch blocking and uppercutting should work? I'm pretty sure thats what I did. Do you get health refills?

Yes, around 1/2 life bar when you beat Sheeva and Goro. I tried that, but Goro done his wild punches thing and knocked me down. Or Ground stomped.

Let me tell you I beat the challenge tower yesterday and the only one I skipped was 185. After I beat I went back and finally beat it. You have to dash and jump over goro and kintaro then land a jump in 1 then 1,1 then blade charge. then dash up jump over and repeat. This is the staple for beating them in the game challenge 300 do the same with scorpian jump over 1,1,1 spear jump up 1 pop up back 2 dash uppercut. then repeat. every once in a while throwing a spear to catch them getting up. As long as you don't quit on 300 everytime it gets easier and easier. Then ther are some ***** levels leading up to and exspecially inluding 251. When your shangtsung juast spam his straight fireball thats the only way your going to win. I was lucky and beat 151 on my first try. Good luck man and let me know if it works.

Over! PSN-redrum_am

Let me tell you I beat the challenge tower yesterday and the only one I skipped was 185. After I beat I went back and finally beat it. You have to dash and jump over goro and kintaro then land a jump in 1 then 1,1 then blade charge. then dash up jump over and repeat. This is the staple for beating them in the game challenge 300 do the same with scorpian jump over 1,1,1 spear jump up 1 pop up back 2 dash uppercut. then repeat. every once in a while throwing a spear to catch them getting up. As long as you don't quit on 300 everytime it gets easier and easier. Then ther are some ***** levels leading up to and exspecially inluding 251. When your shangtsung juast spam his straight fireball thats the only way your going to win. I was lucky and beat 151 on my first try. Good luck man and let me know if it works.

Over! PSN-redrum_am

I still can't beat 185. I get to Goro, try what you said, when I try to jump over he uppercuts me or when I try to attack he super armours, ground stomp, fireball, then I'm dead. Unless I'm doing it wrong..

make sure you dash to get up to him not just walk you have to dash all the time.

I see what you mean, but Goro's still beating me pretty comfortably...

EDIT: Okay, I finally done it. Thanks for the help. :D

Last edited:
this is one of the few challenges I had no problem with. beat it first time with over half my life left.

I played them the same as I play them in the ladder. jump kick always. either it lands or they block it. if they block it, immediately uppercut. rinse, repeat. their animations take so long that your uppercut lands before they get a move off.