They should have a stage in the snow.

First off, the stages are beautiful. Nether Realm covered all the bases on this front except one: Snow. I'd love to see a beautiful stage in the snow with actual snow falling (progressively more snow the longer the match). They have fire (Hell, great stage), sand (Desert, another great stage), water (Wastelands, love the water splashing at shore), absolute lush beauty (Shang's Tsung's Gardens, simply gorgeous stage: day AND night versions. Wow.).

Those are a few of my favorites. With the Courtyard (especially the night version). The Graveyard (love Soulnado in the background) Subway and The Armory also on my list to name a few.

I know NRS said they'd add new characters, fatalities, modes, AND OR STAGES, in a press release. This is possible. Any stages you'd like to see?

Last edited:
They could definitely make the Lin Kuei temple in the snow. I'd buy that. I'd love to see the Pit 3 also with the spinning blades fatality an Mk2's Portal.

I think it would be amazing i they could implement a weather system for some of the outdoor stages so you could have snow or rain in the courtyard or on the pit for example.

I think it would be amazing i they could implement a weather system for some of the outdoor stages so you could have snow or rain in the courtyard or on the pit for example.

Yes, this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. NetherRealm has already pushed the envelop as far as ANY fighter ever has as far as presentation. Things like this is the next logical step. I hope NRS is thinking progressively like this still moving forward. I know after a triumph like Mortal Kombat (2011), sometimes companies get complacent. Let's hope this doesn't happen here.

i would like something on the bridge of a battleship with a massive battle going on in the background, with explosions ect but i dont know if it would suit the MK series

This might be off topic but Now that they have a solid structure, the next game they can focus on these things. They have the internal models and skeletons for x rays and such as well as the engine built. All they have to do now is optimize and create some new content. I see the series going up fast from here on out.

This might be off topic but Now that they have a solid structure, the next game they can focus on these things. They have the internal models and skeletons for x rays and such as well as the engine built. All they have to do now is optimize and create some new content. I see the series going up fast from here on out.

I agree. I would DEFINITELY love some tweaks to the Super Meter as well. SSFIV's model is just plain genius. They switched the super meter from vanilla Street Fighter IV's in Super. They changed it to where it's actually 2 meters. One is the revenge meter. That loads up when taking punishment for (ultras). The other is the Super Meter loading up for causing damage (for supers, EX moves, etc). It actually rewards DEFENSE AND OFFENSE. I think the meter in Super Street Fighter IV along with the Focus Attack and focus attack cancelling system is the greatest and deepest gameplay mechanic EVER in a fighting game.

I would NOT be mad at NRS if they just upgraded their meter to something like this in the future. Granted with MK specific variations.

PS. This convo is going to get good about future features. Gonna try to add that in the title! hahahaha

Last edited:
They could definitely make the Lin Kuei temple in the snow. I'd buy that. I'd love to see the Pit 3 also with the spinning blades fatality an Mk2's Portal.

HELL YEAH!!! LIN KUEI SNOW TEMPLE! Somebody tweet ed boon. This is a MUST!!! SNOW MAP!

I was thinking about this the other day. I would love to have a Lin Kuei temple covered in snow, and maybe some lower-grade Lin Kuei warriors sparring in the background.

Well there already was the one in Deadly Alliance outside the Lin Kuei Temple...technically that was Ice though.

As far as snow on the ground...YES!! Virtua Fighter had some very good Snow stages. I would like to see NRS create a snow stage with a blizzard affect too, this could make the kombat very interesting.

Maybe this arena from MK4

icepit3.gif

Snow stage would be perfect. The blood in the snow would deffinately stand out and show the results of a violent battle. How awesome would it be though to have a Lin Kuei stage where Subs' fellow ninja are all in the background spectating. Even better, a stage with the ruins of Scorpions clan. Charred remains of peoples homes, skeletons with swords and spears sticking out of them. Maybe it could have a storm going on for the night version of the stage, and when lightning strikes it reveals ninja hidden in the shadows only to be hidden again after the lightning fades. In the back there could be a mound of old corpses.

There's so many possible ideas. There could be a stage where the Black Dragon are fighting special forces in the background. Explosions and gunshots galore. I also think a Tekunin factory would be neat. You get to watch as people are held down and forced to undergo the cyber transformation.

Snow stage would be perfect. The blood in the snow would deffinately stand out and show the results of a violent battle. How awesome would it be though to have a Lin Kuei stage where Subs' fellow ninja are all in the background spectating. Even better, a stage with the ruins of Scorpions clan. Charred remains of peoples homes, skeletons with swords and spears sticking out of them. Maybe it could have a storm going on for the night version of the stage, and when lightning strikes it reveals ninja hidden in the shadows only to be hidden again after the lightning fades. In the back there could be a mound of old corpses.

There's so many possible ideas. There could be a stage where the Black Dragon are fighting special forces in the background. Explosions and gunshots galore. I also think a Tekunin factory would be neat. You get to watch as people are held down and forced to undergo the cyber transformation.

Those are some good Ideas I would love to see thougs especially the Scorpion's lost village!

god it would look so beautiful. at the start of the match snow would falling and the ground would be completely white. just imagine how great it would look when by the end of the match all the snow has blood spilled all over it. imagine kill bill vol 1 ending with lots of blood

i think they should have a stage with tons of snow like dessert in mk9 and they should have a stage where u step through a portal and your in outworld then earthrealm