MK10 Theory

That'd be too confusing. They don't have to bring everyone back. Why would Smoke become the new Noob Saibot? Cyber Sub isn't needed if Cyrax and Sektor are in the game. I like the idea of Bi-Han returning as Human Sub-Zero tho.

Erm, just to have a Noob-Smoke alliance in the new timeline?

No offense, but Noob-Smoke was such a stupid name and Noob didn't fuse with Smoke, he just reprogrammed the latter to obey him. This is not Dragon Ball, we don't need fused kharacters

Like... Ermac? Just kidding. But I would like him to come back as King Jerrod tho. I wonder how will he react to his family becoming Netherrealm zombies. Hope he will save them.

Well, regarding Noob-Smoke, yeah, because Smoke was a cyborg in the original timeline. I guess we won't have Noob-Smoke, but rather Smoke-Saibot (i.e. Saibot possessed him after splitting with Bi-Han in the Soulnado).

Another solution though, if we want Bi-Han to remain as Noob (idk really) and Kuai Liang as a cyborg, is to introduce a new male Cryomancer. I was thinking of Frost as the new Sub-Zero at first, but people won't probably like an SZ with boobs. So, a new Cryomancer to take up the Sub-Zero name, and Frost as her own kharacter. That way, we won't need a Noob-Smoke in the new timeline.

I've stated this in another thread, but I think it would count more here.

As we all know from the end of MK 2011, Shinnok reveals himself at the very end of the story, showing that he was the one pulling the strings of the story the whole time. I wondered to myself "why? how? He couldn't just have that kind of plan. You'd have to see into the future to have a plan that could work to perfection so well."

Then it hit me: what if he DID look into the future? Let's backtrack a bit. In the battle of Armageddon, Shinnok participated, but that was merely a clone. Since Shao Kahn and dark Raiden were the remaining fighters, the clone must've died. Now, the real Shinnok must have been monitoring the fight. I figured that if he was watching, then he must have seen Raiden send visions to his past self to alter the course of history.

But what if Shinnok could do the same?

It makes sense, right? If my theory is true, then that would mean Shinnok stayed 1 step ahead of everybody the whole time. This would certianly put an interesting twist on things. Plus, if Shinnok's future self could send visions to his past self, then a plan like his could litereally be perfect and result in the domination of Earthrealm and Outworld.

Look at it this way: dark Raiden only had half a minute before he died to send his visions. Shinnok was waiting safely in his throne, so he had more time to plan things out, as well as his past self.

The only one to not be left in the blue is Quan Chi, but even he might not know too.

I want Johnny Cage to become the warrior he is in his MK9 ending. To realize that he is bigger than what he believed. That would be cool to see him leave for a while and then come back in the nick of time to save everyone and defend earthrealm. That is what good stories are all about, seeing the guy from humble beginnings defeat the bad guy when all hope is lost. That would be such a BA ending.

I want Johnny Cage to become the warrior he is in his MK9 ending. To realize that he is bigger than what he believed. That would be cool to see him leave for a while and then come back in the nick of time to save everyone and defend earthrealm. That is what good stories are all about, seeing the guy from humble beginnings defeat the bad guy when all hope is lost. That would be such a BA ending.

Nice idea! You just read my mind regarding how I wanted Johnny in the future. I would say change him enough so that he is more mature but at the same time keep some of his traits that identify him as Johnny Cage. Someone more like Goku from DBZ.

I can't wait to see what the MK10 Forces of Light will be like. I imagine it'll end up turning out like this:

Raiden
Fujin
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Kai
Cyrax
Ermac
Kenshi
A new character?

I can see Frost released in MKX as a faster but weaker female Sub-Zero, and with a more diverse moveset (well, except Ice Rain I guess, but it can be brought back as Human Sub's special move)

Some crazy theory I have cooked up: If Bi-Han becomes Human Sub-Zero, Kuai Liang stays Cyber, then Smoke becomes the new Noob Saibot.

Actually, I read elsewhere how it would be possible for there to be Cyber-Subs, Human Subs, and Noob Saibot. The theory was Noob being kicked into the soulnado in MK9 resulted in Bi-Han being split from Noob Saibot. Something like the symbiote being split from Bi-Han's soul and fusing with other souls in the soulnado thus creating a new Noob Saibot, turning Bi-Han back into Elder Sub-Zero, and keeping Kuai-Liang as Cyber Sub-Zero.

I'm not entirely sure if this would happen, but I'd have no problems with NRS taking this route.

Also, I'm not even sure of much pertaining to MK10. MK9 set up an alternative timeline. I feel as if NRS may tweak the original MK4-MK:A plot.

Most of these theory's have been good to read. :D MK10 is a mystery for now. But we will have an idea of what to expect of the next story before we even know when time hits us.

I reckon MK4 will be remade like mk 1-3 did. But am i not right in saying that MKDA and MKD were the BUILD UP to Armageddon?. What if deadly alliance and Deception were to happen again?.

Hopefully next year we will know :p

I honestly don't mind if they leave the dead characters from MK9 out of story mode completely. Just as long as they still have them in the game. New characters or others can be introduced or old characters brought back in depth for story mode :)

I've mentioned this before, but I think the war against Shinnok should last 2 games. As in, MK10 should focus on Earthrealm rebuilding their forces and bringing back the dead heroes while Shinnok focuses on reclaiming his Amulet (maybe?) and returning to full power. MK11 should be about the actual war against Shinnok

Well at the end i took over Cyber Sub-Zero and here i am now.

But...but....The Elder Gods took Shao Khan away for judgement. You must be a phony.

As far as theories go, I am thinking Shao Kahn may become the new champion of the Elder Gods. When Shinnok and Quan Chi defeat all the earthrealm and outworld heroes and tries to take over the realm, the Elder Gods would send forth their champion to preserve the balance between the realms.

Last edited:
All zombie characters come back. Rezurrestion
ONLY dude for sure dead is Shao
Liu might come back 50/50
Noob is also a 50/50 (killed by night wolf)
Sangtsung also a 50/50 (inside of sindel)
Havik, Reiko, Kenshi, Rain, Skarlett, Sarrena, Frost, Hotaru, Bo rai cho, Lei Me, Fujin, Tanya, and Daegon will be in the next game, for they all appear as a cameo some where in the story line or character bio ending.

But...but....The Elder Gods took Shao Khan away for judgement. You must be a phony.

As far as theories go, I am thinking Shao Kahn may become the new champion of the Elder Gods. When Shinnok and Quan Chi defeat all the earthrealm and outworld heroes and tries to take over the realm, the Elder Gods would send forth their champion to preserve the balance between the realms.

That would actually make sense. They stuck with their rules that Shao Kahn must not win despite all the motals being slaughtered. If a big threat like Shinnok, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and maybe even Onaga arise, then they would choose Shao Kahn because he is pretty powerful regardless of his allignment. My only concern is if once he's done his duty that he might act on his own rules.