MK10 Theory

Shirayuki Mizore

NRS wouldn't kill off so many fan favorites and replace them with people like Kai and Havik. I'm sorry but that would be crazy. Now what I'm thinking is that Johnny, Raiden, and Sonya and maybe some other returning good guys will team up with Outworld warriors like Baraka and Mileena and try to hunt down Quan Chi. Maybe they will capture him and force him to resurrect the fallen warriors without any evil mind control. Maybe this will happen like 40-50 percent through the story. Then the resurrected warriors, new ones and Johnny, Raiden, and Sonya will team up and take down Shinnok. What do you think?

I think it's a possibility. NRS would might as well commit suicide if they're planning to keep all those characters dead. Personally, if most of those characters aren't gonna be back I won't be buying the game, don't care how great of a story it might end up having with the new characters I will simply not buy a MK game with so many of those characters missing.

There's gotta be some sort of a resurrection that will bring them back, the gods shall reward Raiden IMO and should bring them back.

The whole idea of killing pretty much everyone is a terrible move on NRS's part. We need something to fix this, and sorry Edenian Royalty I mean no disrespect but I don't like the idea of Earth and Outworld teaming up, its a bad idea. It will give me way too many nightmares about another MK vs DC. Unless they are both after him, but not as teams then it would be ok I guess.

I'm not sure on how NRS is going to bring back these characters. But what I am sure of, is that, with the way things turned out for Earthrealm, and how many warriors are dead, Shinnok is going to have the most one-sided victory in history.

Its not that hard to bring them back I think. In story mode Raiden told Scorpion that if he didn't kill Sub, he would ask the Elder Gods to bring back his clan. Therefore Raiden can ask for everyone who died during Shao Khan's illegal invasion.

GUYS!! It's obvious that the fallen warriors will return, and I'm sure early in the story. Sub-Zero won't be absent for the next game. Every time some one says "Mortal Kombat" the first thing they think of is Sub-Zero, he won't be absent. And the same way he's coming back, the same way the other will with him...

Likely the next story will involve Quan Chi and Shinnok attempting to take over the realms.

In their employ are not only ye-olde-evil folk, but the zombified heroes as well.

So as you progress through the story, you may also end up freeing them from Quan Chi's grasp and bringing them back.

But think about it , if this game ended at MK3 . In MK4 there were all new people , the veterans didnt come back until Deadly Alliance . In MK4 the only people who returned was Raiden , Johnny Cage , Sonya and Lui Kang . But hes the only one thats dead out of the 4 . So maybe they wont come back and it'll be like MK4 . Thats when they introduced Tanya , Kai , Shinnok and others

The whole idea of killing pretty much everyone is a terrible move on NRS's part. We need something to fix this, and sorry Edenian Royalty I mean no disrespect but I don't like the idea of Earth and Outworld teaming up, its a bad idea. It will give me way too many nightmares about another MK vs DC. Unless they are both after him, but not as teams then it would be ok I guess.

Cause its either going to be a 2 on 1 or a triple threat cause the netherealm wants to take down Earthrealm and Outworld but i get you. No disrespect taken :)

I think it's a possibility. NRS would might as well commit suicide if they're planning to keep all those characters dead. Personally, if most of those characters aren't gonna be back I won't be buying the game, don't care how great of a story it might end up having with the new characters I will simply not buy a MK game with so many of those characters missing.

There's gotta be some sort of a resurrection that will bring them back, the gods shall reward Raiden IMO and should bring them back.

I could understand if they killed minor characters but they even killed Sub Zero himself. I'm not a Sub Zero fan but he is a HUGE fan favorite so NRS better have a plan for resurrection

Its not that hard to bring them back I think. In story mode Raiden told Scorpion that if he didn't kill Sub, he would ask the Elder Gods to bring back his clan. Therefore Raiden can ask for everyone who died during Shao Khan's illegal invasion.

I want to know why Raiden didnt use his magical healing powers like he did on Jax or maybe death is just too much to restore but you are right. Hopefully the Elder Gods would stop being so stubborn and revive everyone

Whatever the story is, I hope they only add Shinnok. This version's roster is so goshdang perfect...(well, besides Kratos)

When I first saw the mk9 roster I jumped with joy. Keep it classic, simple, and sweet. The next game though they better make scorpion less abusive. I'm tired of getting hit by the same combos online lol

But think about it , if this game ended at MK3 . In MK4 there were all new people , the veterans didnt come back until Deadly Alliance . In MK4 the only people who returned was Raiden , Johnny Cage , Sonya and Lui Kang . But hes the only one thats dead out of the 4 . So maybe they wont come back and it'll be like MK4 . Thats when they introduced Tanya , Kai , Shinnok and others

Well mk Gold has kitana and mileena and the robots. Mk4 also has sub zero. If sub is gone along with the ninja chicks and robots and everyone else I'm definitely not going to even think about purchasing the game cause I play mk9 for the awesome characters and fatalities. Making it like mk4 is like watching your favorite sports team but all the backups are in, not the starters.

What if they are going to add the next story or the next chapters as DLC with some new characters, and maybe you will be able to play as the characters that get in the way of Shinnok's plan.

What if they are going to add the next story or the next chapters as DLC with some new characters, and maybe you will be able to play as the characters that get in the way of Shinnok's plan.
you know, long-term DLC may be a good idea. I mean, what would they even call the sequal? Mortal Kombat 10 (even though the story is at MK4)? Mortal Kombat 2 But Not Really? Mortal Kombat 4 Redux?

This way it's just always Mortal Kombat, just w/ some updates on Story Mode and/or roster... Only come out w/ a fresh new MK when the Unreal Engine gets a new version. Don't do it just for story's sake, imo...

Yeah, I was mesmorized & amazed at how good they did on story mode, until it got to Sindel killin off half the damn kast! then Raiden kills Liu?! Kouldnt ya just have knocked him out or somethin, oh wise one?! Heh. I hated how they killed off so many characters, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Ill be very pissed if they don't fix this with dlc or in the sequal, but I'm a sucker for MK, so ill probably buy it regardless.

I have a hard time believing they'll stay dead, let alone not ALL appear in the next game.

Still, I'm dying for even a little bit of news for the next game.

Also, my long and convoluted theory for the next game.

Spoiler:
Armageddon took place because the Elder Gods felt that the kombatants were getting out of hand and could tear the realms asunder, right? So, the cause of Armageddon was the Elder Gods.

I think I know how Raiden prevented Armageddon.

I can't explain CSZ, but I can explain Johnny being saved.

Okay. Follow me on this trigger of events. Johnny was SUPPOSED to be killed by Motaro, but Raiden killed Motaro instead. In reaction, Shao Kahn gave Sindel insane power to kill the heroes. AND SHE DID.

NOW, Quan Chi has 10 souls (I'm not counting Liu Kang) under his control. Shao Kahn is defeated, and Shinnok is on the rise.

My Theory: The only way to prevent Armageddon is to kill the Elder Gods, whom started Armageddon themselves.

The main difference between the current story and the MK4 story from the past is:
-There are fewer heroes.
-Quan Chi has control over the 10 heroes.
-Liu Kang is no longer faithful to Raiden.

What difference does this make? Shinnok and Quan Chi now have the army to destroy the Elder Gods, in the 10 heroes. Not to mention, they could easily use Stryker to get aid from military from Earthrealm, Jax to get aid from Special Forces, and Kung Lao get aid from the Shaolin. Quan Chi has ten very powerful souls in his hands.

Raiden has put forth a chain of actions that will destroy the Elder Gods and himself. So my theory of the next game is:

Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kai, Fujin, Ermac (restored now that Shao Kahn is gone and is possibly King Jerrod), Cyrax (turns good much like MK4), Scorpion (in hopes to destroy Quan Chi), Noob (read Scorpion), and possibly Mileena for the sake of Outworld...

VERSUS

Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya, Rain (manipulating Edenia), and the 10 warriors.

Possible Outcome:
-Shinnok would succeed in killing the Elder Gods.
-Raiden would be killed.
-Fujin would be killed.
-Ermac or some Deus Ex Machina of some sort could bring the dead heroes back.
-Scorpion and Noob team up to kill Quan Chi.
-The heroes destroy Shinnok.
-The heroes reunite, but must live on in a world without the Elder Gods or Raiden's guidance.
-Liu Kang is neutral to everything.