MK10 Theory

IDK how they bring ppl back but they better do it, and Sub Zero better be human -_-

I think the story ideea explain in the 1st post could work like:

Raiden asking the Elder Gods to some how ressurect the fallen ppl cause by this madness with avoiding armageddon and stuff ( since i guess the Elder Gods know what happend, Raiden is not as powerful and sent a message back in time, why cant the Superior Gods not see that? XD).

The elder gods will refuse of course and Raiden, the remaining wariors he has ( johnny and sonya) will gather some warriors to fight along side them, ppl like IDK kenshi?, some outworld people like it was said and maybe why not a couple of new faces?
The newly formed group would be lead by Raiden in outworld, challenging Quan Chi at a Mortal Kombat for the fallen warriors' souls. Mean while Shinnok and Quan Chi uses the new tournament as a attraction for Raiden as they continue their plan to set Shinnok free.
Some how they'll win and get back the Warriors. After the winning, Raiden would see it as a some or what easy win, realising Quan Chi allowed them to win.

The revived warirors and the ones that allied with Raiden were brought back to earth by the thunder God. Raiden then goes back to investigate Quan Chi's plans and IDK maybe Shinnok would be set free, capturing raiden and the earthrealm warriors would try to set him free since he's their only chance to defeat Shinnok.

(about the ones wondering how they could be revived, IDK but we're talking abotu a game with Gods, wraiths, sorceres and time traveling messages so I'm certain they'll find a way :p )

NRS wouldn't kill off so many fan favorites and replace them with people like Kai and Havik. I'm sorry but that would be crazy. Now what I'm thinking is that Johnny, Raiden, and Sonya and maybe some other returning good guys will team up with Outworld warriors like Baraka and Mileena and try to hunt down Quan Chi. Maybe they will capture him and force him to resurrect the fallen warriors without any evil mind control. Maybe this will happen like 40-50 percent through the story. Then the resurrected warriors, new ones and Johnny, Raiden, and Sonya will team up and take down Shinnok. What do you think?

Pretty much . Well i hope it is lol . I would still buy mk10 becuase mk9 is soo good even if it doesnt have original characters . And just because there in the roster doesnt mean there in the story right ? Like make a story mode and the put everyone in mk9 plus more in the roster to play online / offline with

Spoiler:
In the last chapter with Raiden in MK9 Quan Chi has Cyber Sub Zero's and Kabal's souls. You just didn't have to fight Sub but I don't remember if you fought Kabal or not so everyone is dead on the good guys side except for raiden, johnny and sonya
Ah, and he shows up as Cyber Sub Zero as well? I guess that means he will stay Cyber Sub Zero...

Well, the whole thing sorta makes sense if you go by the idea that they wanted to let Bi-Han stay Sub Zero this time. So how would they go about doing that?

Spoiler:
Well, for one, they could make it so Scorpion never kills Bi-Han. But then, since Kuai Liang (Tundra - the younger brother) is part of the Lin Kuei as well, it wouldn't make sense to not include him at all - he would still show up during MK2 but just have the same powers as Sub Zero. So then you would have two characters with the same skillset... So they decided to make it so Raiden tries to reason with Scorpion but Quan Chi convinces Scorpion to kill him, just to make it clear that was a possibility but it's not how they wanted to do it. Then they change around Smoke and Kuai Liang so that Kuai Liang becomes Cyber Sub Zero. Next, they make Bi-Han get pushed into the Soulnado.. Since he's a wraith, the Soulnado err.. malfunctions?.. and all the souls are released.

Now, in MK10 they can make Bi-Han come back as Sub Zero and keep Kuai Liang as Cyber Sub Zero... but no more Noob Saibot :/

I'd rather havee Kuai Liang as "Tundra", I always thought it would be nice to have both Sub Zero's as different characters, they could modify his moves and add some lost powers Subero had like the Ice Rain thingy, the classic ice puddle IDK.

I think I may have to play through story mode again, But wasn't Shao Kahn's helmet glowing green when Quan Chi picked it up?

If so then Kahn might have tethered part of his soul to his helmet and Quan Chi can revive him in the next game as his enforcer, just like in Quan Chi's ladder ending.

In MK10
Smoke shall return because he wasnt really dead, it was his twin cousin named Vapor.
Smoke will defeat Quan Chips with his South Star Fist of the Waterfowl. Mileena will be all like " smoke i love u mwamwawmamw" and Shao khan will come back to life and be all like i am back you are died.
But Smoke aint havin that and slaps Shao Kahn around for a while and babalities him and his mama.

Roll credits, 60$

I would bet money that Raiden's ending is canon. It would make sense since not only did was Raiden actually the one to defeat Shao Kahn, much of Kahn's army is probably still in Earthrealm even after the invasion. Also, it looks like two of the Earthrealm warriors that he is placing parts of his soul in is Johnny Cage and Sonya, which would make sense since they were the only two surviving Earthrealm warriors at the end of the story.

Kahn's actual fate, IMO, is unknown for now, maybe he did tether his soul to something in order to cheat death. I think it is more than coincidence that more than one ending (Cyber Sub-Zero's and Nightwolf's endings) showed him cheating death in some way. Or maybe he did, in fact, die for good this time since Raiden's amulet wasn't cracked anymore at the ending. Either way, there is no doubt he was killed by the Elder Gods, which leads me to another theory...

Ermac's ending is almost certainly semi-canon, since his bio reveals that all of the souls that Ermac is comprised of are Edenian warriors who "resisted Shao Kahn's claim to the realm of Edenia", and Jerrod we of course know was the King of Edenia and Kitana's father/Sindel's husband. It is also interesting that the ending does not say Ermac killed Shao Kahn, only that he was "dead", which he is. The real kicker to this is the line "The conflict resolved, Ermac returned to Outworld in hopes of reuniting with his past". Since Shao Kahn invaded and was killed during the retold events of MK3 in the story, and Ermac was presumably in Earthrealm during that time, it would make sense. Obviously, the part about him telling Sindel and Kitana about the matter cannot be canon since both of them were killed and are now under Quan Chi's control, but the part about Ermac no longer being bound to Shao Kahn due to him being dead, anarchy erupting within him as souls tried to claim dominance of Ermac, and Jerrod ultimately being the dominant soul of Ermac is definitely canon.

Last edited:
I'd bet money that Raiden's ending is canon. It would make sense since not only did was Raiden actually the one to defeat Shao Kahn, much of Kahn's army is probably still in Earthrealm even after the invasion. Also, it looks like two of the Earthrealm warriors that he is placing parts of his soul in is Johnny Cage and Sonya, which would make sense since they were the only two surviving Earthrealm warriors at the end of the story.

Kahn's actual fate, IMO, is unknown for now, maybe he did tether his soul to something in order to cheat death. I think it is more than coincidence that more than one ending (Cyber Sub-Zero's and Nightwolf's endings). Or maybe he did, in fact, die for good this time since Raiden's amulet wasn't cracked anymore at the ending. Either way, there is no doubt he was killed by the Elder Gods, which leads me to another theory...

Ermac's ending is almost certainly semi-canon, since his bio reveals that all of the souls that Ermac is comprised of are Edenian warriors who "resisted Shao Kahn's claim to the realm of Edenia", and Jerrod we of course know was the King of Edenia and Kitana's father/Sindel's husband. It is also interesting that the ending does not say Ermac killed Shao Kahn, only that he was "dead", which he is. The real kicker to this is the line "The conflict resolved, Ermac returned to Outworld in hopes of reuniting with his past". Since Shao Kahn invaded and was killed during the retold events of MK3 in the story, and Ermac was presumably in Earthrealm during that time, it would make sense. Obviously, the part about him telling Sindel and Kitana about the matter can't be canon since both of them were killed and are now under Quan Chi's control, but the part about Ermac no longer being bound to Shao Kahn due to him being dead, anarchy erupting within as souls tried to claim dominance of Ermac, and Jerrod ultimately being the dominant soul of Ermac is definitely canon.

I agree, Ermac's definately going to be a big factor in the next game regarding the dead heros, I'd say he would do what he did in deception, battle 5 of the possessed warriors at once (endurance match) and free them from quan chi's control, but netherrealm is Ermac's only weakness, so he might have a rough time.

I'd bet money that Raiden's ending is canon. It would make sense since not only did was Raiden actually the one to defeat Shao Kahn, much of Kahn's army is probably still in Earthrealm even after the invasion. Also, it looks like two of the Earthrealm warriors that he is placing parts of his soul in is Johnny Cage and Sonya, which would make sense since they were the only two surviving Earthrealm warriors at the end of the story.

Kahn's actual fate, IMO, is unknown for now, maybe he did tether his soul to something in order to cheat death. I think it is more than coincidence that more than one ending (Cyber Sub-Zero's and Nightwolf's endings). Or maybe he did, in fact, die for good this time since Raiden's amulet wasn't cracked anymore at the ending. Either way, there is no doubt he was killed by the Elder Gods, which leads me to another theory...
I think the Elder Gods keeps him prisoner in some weird soul trap thing, torturning his soul, like a personal hell so to speak. They'll break him out if needed, I think :p

I think that plot will go in following direction durning next game -> Shinnok's Events + Onaga battle.

Why w/out Deadly Alliance? Because such thread has already happened during MK9. Quan Chi's participation has grown a lot comparing to original storyline: he resurrected Sindel instead of Tsung, fought against Kang in the MK1 tournament and formed a DA-style tag-team with Shang in order to defeat Kung Lao.

There's also quite interesting plot hole: Shao Kanh's been punished by the Elder Gods for his merging without winning the MK tournament. It prooves that every invasion (I mean - merging afterinvasion) is "illegal" and every conqueror will end up like this, right? So, HOW Shinnok would be able to take the realms (Earthealm, Edenia, Outworld) by force? I always thought that the MK4/GOLD events were about INVASION, not TOURNAMENT. Am I wrong?

Next idea - there's no longer Blaze in the Pit 2's background, but instead of him Deagon can be seen. Daegon's awakening was caused by loosing contact between Blaze and dragon Caro, which happend after Onaga's Holy Man had captured a Fire Elemental to protect Onaga's Egg. Conclusion? All these events took place much earlier than in the original plotline, so also Onaga's battle would happen earlier, perhaps next to Shinnok's events. Or maybe during it.

Last edited:
This is really just a random thought but does anyone else think that it's possible that when Dark Raiden sent all those images and thoughts back to MK1 Raiden that maybe.......just maybe......Quan Chi intercepted/received some of those visions as well? This would explain Quan Chi's stronger involvment in the first tournament. Seems like to me he knew what Raiden was up to the whole time and thus put in some extra effort. Especially when it came to making sure Scorpion killed Sub-Zero. I know this is most likely not true but it is plausible and I think it would be an even cooler story if when MK10 comes out that Raiden and Quan Chi are trying to stay one step ahead of the other. Or am I just making the plot too complex??

This is really just a random thought but does anyone else think that it's possible that when Dark Raiden sent all those images and thoughts back to MK1 Raiden that maybe.......just maybe......Quan Chi intercepted/received some of those visions as well? This would explain Quan Chi's stronger involvment in the first tournament. Seems like to me he knew what Raiden was up to the whole time and thus put in some extra effort. Especially when it came to making sure Scorpion killed Sub-Zero. I know this is most likely not true but it is plausible and I think it would be an even cooler story if when MK10 comes out that Raiden and Quan Chi are trying to stay one step ahead of the other. Or am I just making the plot too complex??

Well Quan Chi is always working behind the scenes for the Netherealm so I wouldn't be surprised

I can see Frost released in MKX as a faster but weaker female Sub-Zero, and with a more diverse moveset (well, except Ice Rain I guess, but it can be brought back as Human Sub's special move)

Some crazy theory I have cooked up: If Bi-Han becomes Human Sub-Zero, Kuai Liang stays Cyber, then Smoke becomes the new Noob Saibot.

I can see Frost released in MKX as a faster but weaker female Sub-Zero, and with a more diverse moveset (well, except Ice Rain I guess, but it can be brought back as Human Sub's special move)

Some crazy theory I have cooked up: If Bi-Han becomes Human Sub-Zero, Kuai Liang stays Cyber, then Smoke becomes the new Noob Saibot.

That'd be too confusing. They don't have to bring everyone back. Why would Smoke become the new Noob Saibot? Cyber Sub isn't needed if Cyrax and Sektor are in the game. I like the idea of Bi-Han returning as Human Sub-Zero tho.

I mention this before in some thread but what if Smoke possess Cyrax so that way he can become Cyber Smoke.

I mention this before in some thread but what if Smoke possess Cyrax so that way he can become Cyber Smoke.

So... then you're killing off Cyrax as a character? I don't mean taking him out of the game. But it's hard for character development when you're being possessed 99% of the time. I mean look at Ermac... he had no damn story than henchmen in MK. Why? because he was "being controlled" the whole time.

No one should "Control" anyone. it makes it hard for character development.

another reason Noob Saibot doesn't have much of a story.

? Why?

Quan Chi, due to MKM:S-Z is able only to forsee future.

There's another idea of Deagon - if he is awaken earlier than in the originial timeline, he may be among Shinnok's army during MK10.
This is actually a pretty interesting theory

I would bet money that Raiden's ending is canon. It would make sense since not only did was Raiden actually the one to defeat Shao Kahn, much of Kahn's army is probably still in Earthrealm even after the invasion. Also, it looks like two of the Earthrealm warriors that he is placing parts of his soul in is Johnny Cage and Sonya, which would make sense since they were the only two surviving Earthrealm warriors at the end of the story.

Kahn's actual fate, IMO, is unknown for now, maybe he did tether his soul to something in order to cheat death. I think it is more than coincidence that more than one ending (Cyber Sub-Zero's and Nightwolf's endings) showed him cheating death in some way. Or maybe he did, in fact, die for good this time since Raiden's amulet wasn't cracked anymore at the ending. Either way, there is no doubt he was killed by the Elder Gods, which leads me to another theory...

Ermac's ending is almost certainly semi-canon, since his bio reveals that all of the souls that Ermac is comprised of are Edenian warriors who "resisted Shao Kahn's claim to the realm of Edenia", and Jerrod we of course know was the King of Edenia and Kitana's father/Sindel's husband. It is also interesting that the ending does not say Ermac killed Shao Kahn, only that he was "dead", which he is. The real kicker to this is the line "The conflict resolved, Ermac returned to Outworld in hopes of reuniting with his past". Since Shao Kahn invaded and was killed during the retold events of MK3 in the story, and Ermac was presumably in Earthrealm during that time, it would make sense. Obviously, the part about him telling Sindel and Kitana about the matter cannot be canon since both of them were killed and are now under Quan Chi's control, but the part about Ermac no longer being bound to Shao Kahn due to him being dead, anarchy erupting within him as souls tried to claim dominance of Ermac, and Jerrod ultimately being the dominant soul of Ermac is definitely canon.
Damn... I posted all this? :shock: