MK10 Theory

The story will probably involve you battling the zombified versions of the fallen kombatants, and when you beat them they return to their good ol' self, buidling up your "team" until the final battle against Shinnok and Quan Chi, plus some other baddies that join them. They might add in Shang Tsung somehow because when Sindel died, NRS could just say "His soul was released." Thus Quan Chi could zombify him.

My theory :D

I have a hard time believing they'll stay dead, let alone not ALL appear in the next game.

Still, I'm dying for even a little bit of news for the next game.

Also, my long and convoluted theory for the next game.

Spoiler:
Armageddon took place because the Elder Gods felt that the kombatants were getting out of hand and could tear the realms asunder, right? So, the cause of Armageddon was the Elder Gods.

I think I know how Raiden prevented Armageddon.

I can't explain CSZ, but I can explain Johnny being saved.

Okay. Follow me on this trigger of events. Johnny was SUPPOSED to be killed by Motaro, but Raiden killed Motaro instead. In reaction, Shao Kahn gave Sindel insane power to kill the heroes. AND SHE DID.

NOW, Quan Chi has 10 souls (I'm not counting Liu Kang) under his control. Shao Kahn is defeated, and Shinnok is on the rise.

My Theory: The only way to prevent Armageddon is to kill the Elder Gods, whom started Armageddon themselves.

The main difference between the current story and the MK4 story from the past is:
-There are fewer heroes.
-Quan Chi has control over the 10 heroes.
-Liu Kang is no longer faithful to Raiden.

What difference does this make? Shinnok and Quan Chi now have the army to destroy the Elder Gods, in the 10 heroes. Not to mention, they could easily use Stryker to get aid from military from Earthrealm, Jax to get aid from Special Forces, and Kung Lao get aid from the Shaolin. Quan Chi has ten very powerful souls in his hands.

Raiden has put forth a chain of actions that will destroy the Elder Gods and himself. So my theory of the next game is:

Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kai, Fujin, Ermac (restored now that Shao Kahn is gone and is possibly King Jerrod), Cyrax (turns good much like MK4), Scorpion (in hopes to destroy Quan Chi), Noob (read Scorpion), and possibly Mileena for the sake of Outworld...

VERSUS

Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya, Rain (manipulating Edenia), and the 10 warriors.

Possible Outcome:
-Shinnok would succeed in killing the Elder Gods.
-Raiden would be killed.
-Fujin would be killed.
-Ermac or some Deus Ex Machina of some sort could bring the dead heroes back.
-Scorpion and Noob team up to kill Quan Chi.
-The heroes destroy Shinnok.
-The heroes reunite, but must live on in a world without the Elder Gods or Raiden's guidance.
-Liu Kang is neutral to everything.

I feel like youve just spoiled the next game for me. lmao

I feel like youve just spoiled the next game for me. lmao

lol, I'm pretty sure I'll be wrong, and they'll do something like start an entirely new roster or useless story. Or hell, make the next game a completely unrelated story.

Either way, the 'possible outcomes' are much more wishful thinking. I do believe the heroes will be brought back to life and that Scorpion WILL kill Quan Chi.

I think it would be genius to kill off the Elder Gods. Not even the immortal gods can be saved from Mortal Kombat.

EDIT: A part of me wants to stop mentioning this theory in fear that SOME of this theory is NRS's intent. I don't want to change that intent, I'd love for this situation to happen.

Last edited:
Well, whatever happens Sub Zero cannot stay dead. Remember the fiasco with Scorpion-less MK3? Might as well start making UMK10 while you are at it.

Kitana, Jade, Kung Lao, and Smoke should live too, but that is more hopeful thinking on my part. Kitana and Jade are major facets of the game for me, and for me, the game overall would suffer without them. Last thing we need is Kira and Li Mei replacing them.

I think it would be cool if after Sindel was destroyed that the remaining essence of Shang Tsung reverted into some sort of ghost/spectre form. (Sort of like Starscream in later Transformers episodes.) The ghost of Shang Tsung would help Raiden, Sonya, Cage find their way through Netherrealm and overcome Quan Chi, Shinnok and the zombified Shao Khan who is under their command. After the good guys defeat Zombie Khan and Shinnok, Quan Chi decides to make a deadly alliance w/ Shang Tsung. All Quan Chi has to do is give Shang Tsung back his flesh/mortal form. Um, or perhaps Shang Tsung just needs to find a girl w/ green eyes. Anyway I'm not too worried about future MK games following the same path as MK 4, DA or Deception. I think Armageddon is still avoided simply cuz Khan is dead. Somewhere down the line Raiden might have to revive Taven to deal w/ Daegon but that's another story.

I don't know how MK10 will be fought, but MKXI will be fought with rocks and sticks.

(And Kitana better be there)

you know, long-term DLC may be a good idea. I mean, what would they even call the sequal? Mortal Kombat 10 (even though the story is at MK4)? Mortal Kombat 2 But Not Really? Mortal Kombat 4 Redux?

This way it's just always Mortal Kombat, just w/ some updates on Story Mode and/or roster... Only come out w/ a fresh new MK when the Unreal Engine gets a new version. Don't do it just for story's sake, imo...

Cause in mk9 you do go to extra and it says DLC so maybe something big is planned or just a few more characters. We'll have to wait and see

The story will probably involve you battling the zombified versions of the fallen kombatants, and when you beat them they return to their good ol' self, buidling up your "team" until the final battle against Shinnok and Quan Chi, plus some other baddies that join them. They might add in Shang Tsung somehow because when Sindel died, NRS could just say "His soul was released." Thus Quan Chi could zombify him.

My theory :D

Shang Tsung is such a huge mk character and he vanished in like 2 seconds out of nowhere. Sure he's a bad guy but thats just idiotic. He needs to come back and kick some butt behind the scenes again lol

Well, whatever happens Sub Zero cannot stay dead. Remember the fiasco with Scorpion-less MK3? Might as well start making UMK10 while you are at it.

Kitana, Jade, Kung Lao, and Smoke should live too, but that is more hopeful thinking on my part. Kitana and Jade are major facets of the game for me, and for me, the game overall would suffer without them. Last thing we need is Kira and Li Mei replacing them.

I would sue NRS if Kitana got replaced with someone like Kira X(

Some of the characters I want kept dead to see how the story turns out, but others I want ressurected because they all can't be gone.

I'm really hoping they bring Rain into te next game and build on his story and character a lot more.
As for Sub Zero I wouldn't mind him still being a cyborg as long as you can play as his human self.

And one more thing, they better not bring back Liu Kang as a zombie!

I waited so many years to play as a fully fleshed out human smoke, and he is super awesome in this game! He was everything I wanted, and if he doesn't come back........I might cry.

Most of the MK4 through MKA new characters suck. I hope they can successfully brainstorm a batch of quality new characters.

Most of the MK4 through MKA new characters suck. I hope they can successfully brainstorm a batch of quality new characters.

Either that or they give them the Stryker treatment. Stryker went from nearly universally hated to a pretty cool character with a strong moves list. If they give the same sort of spit shine to Kai, Ashrah, Kira, Li Mei, and the like they could have a solid cast of characters.

Though I'm sure not all of these deaths in the Story Mode are permanent. I can think of a number of ways to resurrect them so I'm sure NetherRealm can too, if they so choose.

No no no guys!
all those charachters that you thought were dead were revived as zombies by quan chi just like he revived scorpion, noob and in mortal kombat gold, mileena.
and who said it was just mk4? perhaps its the next four games compacted into one just like mk 2011.
now that the events are changed maybe armageddon wont happen.
i hope they dont give tanya a fringe! they ruined her in deception. She was cool in mk4.
And I'd say Cyber Sub-Zero was reprogrammed orr something:)
hopefully by the next one (possibly called mortal kombat 10) Shinnok's voice will be as deep as mk4!:)

-Oh and may I add that i find it very strange that in two of the mortal kombat endings liu kang becomes a god. Could this be a possible future? it also said he was an evil fire god.

I'm pretty sure Kitana, Liu Kang, and Sindel would be brought back, judging from some of the arcade endings. King Jerrod's soul taking over Ermac-now if that proves out he'd probably go to netherrealm and try to get his (their) wife and daughter back. and Liu Kang gets resurrected as an evil fire god (judging from his and Shang Tsung's endings) which means Raiden might die in MK10.

Last edited:
Is there a confirmation that only Cage and Sonya survived Sindel? Because just looking at the scene, there's no way to tell if Kabal and (Cyber) Sub Zero died or not, except that they don't get up anymore afterwards and Sonya and Cage do.

Anyway, I think in the next game since we're fighting the Netherrealm anyway, we'll probably have to defeat those characters for them to come back to life. However, this still holds alot of questions.. For instance, if Jax gets revived, does he get his arms back? Can Kabal ditch the oxigen mask?

Actually, come to think of it - couldn't Scorpion and Noob be revived as well? If Noob is revived and becomes Sub Zero again, that would explain the whole Cyber Sub Zero thing... Except it would leave no Noob Saibot anymore. And this is all if Noob wasn't freed from Quan Chi's control when he got pushed into the soulnado (which means he could ALREADY be regular Sub Zero again, or just stay dead). Maybe it would be better if Cyber Sub Zero became Sub Zero again, but then the whole substory about him being taken by the Lin Kuei would be kinda pointless. Maybe (Cyber) Sub Zero is gone for good, and Noob becomes Sub Zero? So many ways this could go...

Either way, it would be awesome if Scorpion and original Sub Zero/Noob would team up against Quan Chi.

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing they'll stay dead, let alone not ALL appear in the next game.

Still, I'm dying for even a little bit of news for the next game.

Also, my long and convoluted theory for the next game.

Spoiler:
Armageddon took place because the Elder Gods felt that the kombatants were getting out of hand and could tear the realms asunder, right? So, the cause of Armageddon was the Elder Gods.

I think I know how Raiden prevented Armageddon.

I can't explain CSZ, but I can explain Johnny being saved.

Okay. Follow me on this trigger of events. Johnny was SUPPOSED to be killed by Motaro, but Raiden killed Motaro instead. In reaction, Shao Kahn gave Sindel insane power to kill the heroes. AND SHE DID.

NOW, Quan Chi has 10 souls (I'm not counting Liu Kang) under his control. Shao Kahn is defeated, and Shinnok is on the rise.

My Theory: The only way to prevent Armageddon is to kill the Elder Gods, whom started Armageddon themselves.

The main difference between the current story and the MK4 story from the past is:
-There are fewer heroes.
-Quan Chi has control over the 10 heroes.
-Liu Kang is no longer faithful to Raiden.

What difference does this make? Shinnok and Quan Chi now have the army to destroy the Elder Gods, in the 10 heroes. Not to mention, they could easily use Stryker to get aid from military from Earthrealm, Jax to get aid from Special Forces, and Kung Lao get aid from the Shaolin. Quan Chi has ten very powerful souls in his hands.

Raiden has put forth a chain of actions that will destroy the Elder Gods and himself. So my theory of the next game is:

Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kai, Fujin, Ermac (restored now that Shao Kahn is gone and is possibly King Jerrod), Cyrax (turns good much like MK4), Scorpion (in hopes to destroy Quan Chi), Noob (read Scorpion), and possibly Mileena for the sake of Outworld...

VERSUS

Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya, Rain (manipulating Edenia), and the 10 warriors.

Possible Outcome:
-Shinnok would succeed in killing the Elder Gods.
-Raiden would be killed.
-Fujin would be killed.
-Ermac or some Deus Ex Machina of some sort could bring the dead heroes back.
-Scorpion and Noob team up to kill Quan Chi.
-The heroes destroy Shinnok.
-The heroes reunite, but must live on in a world without the Elder Gods or Raiden's guidance.
-Liu Kang is neutral to everything.

It's not likely that NRS uses the story idea of some random guy on the internet, but dammit I hope NRS uses the story idea of some random guy on the internet.

Is there a confirmation that only Cage and Sonya survived Sindel? Because just looking at the scene, there's no way to tell if Kabal and (Cyber) Sub Zero died or not, except that they don't get up anymore afterwards and Sonya and Cage do.

Anyway, I think in the next game since we're fighting the Netherrealm anyway, we'll probably have to defeat those characters for them to come back to life. However, this still holds alot of questions.. For instance, if Jax gets revived, does he get his arms back? Can Kabal ditch the oxigen mask?

Actually, come to think of it - couldn't Scorpion and Noob be revived as well? If Noob is revived and becomes Sub Zero again, that would explain the whole Cyber Sub Zero thing... Except it would leave no Noob Saibot anymore. And this is all if Noob wasn't freed from Quan Chi's control when he got pushed into the soulnado (which means he could ALREADY be regular Sub Zero again, or just stay dead). Maybe it would be better if Cyber Sub Zero became Sub Zero again, but then the whole substory about him being taken by the Lin Kuei would be kinda pointless. Maybe (Cyber) Sub Zero is gone for good, and Noob becomes Sub Zero? So many ways this could go...

Either way, it would be awesome if Scorpion and original Sub Zero/Noob would team up against Quan Chi.

Spoiler:
In the last chapter with Raiden in MK9 Quan Chi has Cyber Sub Zero's and Kabal's souls. You just didn't have to fight Sub but I don't remember if you fought Kabal or not so everyone is dead on the good guys side except for raiden, johnny and sonya