Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9?

First off I would like to say this game was off the hook. I can see NRS pulling off another game or pack it in with DLC. Whatever issues were on this game, they can turn around and make the next game a whole lot better. Its already been mentioned, but how they did with SSFIV. I would love to see some more stage fatalities and I also have the run button back into the game. I personally don't give a damn if I have to spend another $60.00 as long as the game is done right.

I honestly think they left a lot out of MK9 so they can do this next year which I would love.

Here is what Id like to see in it

1 new X-Ray for each character
More hidden fights
Maybe an "Expansion Pack" for the story mode where they could give chapters to those who didnt get one in MK9
New stages and stage Fatalities
All of the DLC characters and maybe a couple of new ones
More modes. Tournament mode, Survival Mode, tag team King Of The Hill and Test Your Luck Online
More Fatalities and Finishing moves. Maybe more hidden ones
Challenge Tower with new challenges.

Dude, I can't agree more with you... Indeed, this additions would complete this game.
I would pay for it without thinking twice.

-WolfScythe.

I think they should just keep adding via DLC. I'll buy worthy additions for sure...they can make just as much money doing it this way.

Like someone else said, if it was a reasonably priced DLC then I'd buy it, if its a full priced game it's a huge rip off. I could even see this going for like $25ish as DLC which is relatively high priced for DLC but damn cheap compared to a new game.

That said, I really don't see NRS doing it.

Actually I would much rather prefer an expansion pack instead of the same game with just extras. At least with the expansion pack you can add it to MK9 and keep the online in tact. If they made a game like Super SF4, then they are spreading out the online play by having 2 games. Online play is their strong point, so the best thing to do is a expansion pack otherwise if they put out a SSF4, alot of ppl from MK9 will go over to play that and that doesnt keep online as strong. MK9 is the game we have all been waiting for. Lets just keep adding to it to make it even greater.

UMK3 was made because of the exclusion of a lot of things, mostly the ninjas. If UMK9 ever comes to be, I bet that it would include the previously released DLC, DLC that got released the same day as UMK9 (if there is any), and the other finishers (friendships, brutalities, animalities).

I remember brutalities not being able to be performed in MK3 or the arcade version of UMK3, and friendships/babalities were not in the original arcade versions of either MK2 or MK3; they came with the arcade revisions, so maybe MK9 will follow a similar strategy where online patches would unlock friendships and brutalities. That would require them already being in the game, though, which for the former I doubt.

I like the idea, but hopefully all new content will be available as DLC for the original game. It'll probably need a new name, though, since the DS UMK3 is called "Ultimate Mortal Kombat".

Duh, how about UMK9:zzz:

...Perhaps not, since the current game isn't called "Mortal Kombat 9". It's just "Mortal Kombat".

Sure, the devs call it "MK9", as do we, but that's not written on the boxes, discs, etc. Adding a big number 9 at the end of the title doesn't exactly spell "reboot", like what the current game is intended to be. This will likely be a consideration if/when naming an expansion becomes an issue.

Last edited:
Only if it had more characters, more modes, balance tweaks, stages, fatalities, costumes, bigger krypt and more online modes.

It would be cool, but I would like it if it came in the form of DLC. I don't really want to pay for a whole other game.

Cool but if its DLC, if they make another game and try to sell, they are stealing the people who bought the game from the beggining (like me and most of the forum)

Ultimate mortal kombat December 2012.
.Enhanced gameplay mechanics, and balance.
.Intro movie for each one characters (like sf4)
.Intro cgi for the game (like deception, armageddon,,,etc)
.More fatalityes, and alityes, like friendship.
.More arenas (from 4-A) like the prison, ying yang island, quan chi fortrees, lin kuei palace.
.Minigames inda disk (I love the chees kombat)...(Is strategyc and dont so stupid like motor kombat).
.More characters: Reiko, Fujin, Havik, Ashrah (Reinvented) Boraicho (hate this one, but for story), Motaro and Rain...New charas.
.Another music, (this game fails in music a lot)
.Interactive stage, not like 5-A, more like mk3, you can trhought your enemy to the floor.
.Choose dificult ladder (Warrior, novice, master)
.New arenas, like (one abandoned stadium or ring). MK1-MK3 stages that doesnt appear like the Bank.
.More secrets, like fight against tremor.
.Thats all for now, when i have more ideas, i write.

Cool but if its DLC, if they make another game and try to sell, they are stealing the people who bought the game from the beggining (like me and most of the forum)

Unless they really do MASSIVE revisions, I would tend to agree with this. DLC is a solution that wasn't available to MK3 and it's much easier to manage it all properly than updating the boards on the old arcade machines. Keep pumping out DLC and game updates and I'll be more than willing to keep supporting it. Releasing a whole new game for a whole new $60 payment would rub me the wrong way. I don't have large amounts of disposable income, which definitely influences my decision, but I also don't want to pay for the same base game twice. That just sucks. Keeping updating this game. As was stated earlier, don't split the online community. Don't neglect those of us who put don't money on this game early only to release a remix of the same game later. Keeping pumping DLC. That's my vote.

I personally think we'll eventually see a GOTY/UMK9 edition collecting all the DLC and some extra goods. It's kinda unavoidable.

I personally think we'll eventually see a GOTY/UMK9 edition collecting all the DLC and some extra goods. It's kinda unavoidable.

A GOTY edition would be fine. It's the same game, but it has DLC for those who either didn't buy the game earlier or who don't have online. It's not a remixed edition of the same game. It'll be the same game online and it won't be necessary to buy to have the latest and greatest. GOTY are just game + previously released DLC.

I just want them to release DLC packs, and lots of them because let's be honest MK has enough resources to make a lot of DLC packs.
Later in the year they could release a version of the game with all DLCs kind of like the Resident Evil Gold edition to give a recent example that contained the original game + DLC.